Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me, whats some of the bad things to expect going into AAU?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
I am interested for the 30th. I preordered. Bored of current game so nothing really to lose here. But I like to go into MMO games grounded in reality as black pill as can be. So tell me, what are the bad things about the game to expect? Whats the normal gameplay complaints? 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• NazloklessNazlokless Member UncommonPosts: 40
    delayed til oct 15th now. more quality checks apparently
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    delayed til oct 15th now. more quality checks apparently
    what really?

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited September 2019
    I am interested for the 30th. I preordered. Bored of current game so nothing really to lose here. But I like to go into MMO games grounded in reality as black pill as can be. So tell me, what are the bad things about the game to expect? Whats the normal gameplay complaints? 
    Nevermind the gameplay.
    What you need to worry about is the P2W cash shop which will be implemented as soon as they get the maximum amount of money from the B2P revenue model.
    Phry
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    TEKK3N said:
    Nevermind the gameplay.
    What you need to worry about is the P2W cash shop which will be implemented as soon as they get the maximum amount of money from the B2P revenue model.
    In the words of Yogi Berra, "It's like Deja vu all over again."
    bcbullyPhry
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

TEKK3N said:
    Nevermind the gameplay.
    what kind of PvP is this game? Faction PvP, or Everybody kill everybody PvP?

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Being honest I don’t think DMKano is far of the mark with much of what he says, lack of support will be an issue right from the start.

Complete speculation of course but I fully expect there to be lots of bots and land barons just like legacy with a major disparity between single and multi-account owners due to the way, land and labour work. 

People say the p2w has been addressed, I have the view unless they fundamentally change the way labour and land work in AA its far from gone when you can have 3 accounts.

Time will tell I guess.

Coolit said:

Being honest I don’t think DMKano is far of the mark with much of what he says, lack of support will be an issue right from the start.

Complete speculation of course but I fully expect there to be lots of bots and land barons just like legacy with a major disparity between single and multi-account owners due to the way, land and labour work. 

People say the p2w has been addressed, I have the view unless they fundamentally change the way labour and land work in AA its far from gone when you can have 3 accounts.

Time will tell I guess.

I heard a youtuber talk about this multi boxing thing. Can you explain it to me so I can understand why this is? 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    TEKK3N said:
    Nevermind the gameplay.
    Odd as it may seem, both. There are 2 factions at war but players of the same faction can and do gank each other as well.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    TEKK3N said:
    Nevermind the gameplay.
    Both, but attacking your own faction will lower the standing with your own faction, slowly turning you into a pirate.
    In the starting continents, a zone has to be in War mode though, otherwise PvP is not allowed.
    Though on the continent Auroria PvP is always allowed.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Possible / probable challenges include long queues to login, due to natural overcrowding, server instability, and even clever players who will DDOS the gateways and use special VPN networks set up in advance to get through while others are locked out.  (Has happened previously during one of the many restarts game has had)

Will mean the best if not all available land will be grabbed by those who manage to get in.  Gamigo has promised this time will be different, with plenty of land to go around without explaining much about how the magic will happen.

Likely to see a proliferation of land grab bots who will bid out from under any normal player any good properties which might come available later.

If there's a hack, exploit or cheat to be found, expect it to be used by the player base just to spoil others fun if not for any good reason.

Not their first rodeo for those who live under the bridge.

>:) 
    Soybean

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    So like all MMOs then. You make that sound specific to AA...

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Possible / probable challenges include long queues to login, due to natural overcrowding, server instability, and even clever players who will DDOS the gateways and use special VPN networks set up in advance to get through while others are locked out.  (Has happened previously during one of the many restarts game has had)

Will mean the best if not all available land will be grabbed by those who manage to get in.  Gamigo has promised this time will be different, with plenty of land to go around without explaining much about how the magic will happen.

Likely to see a proliferation of land grab bots who will bid out from under any normal player any good properties which might come available later.

If there's a hack, exploit or cheat to be found, expect it to be used by the player base just to spoil others fun if not for any good reason.

Ive played on 3 servers to end game with AA , and never had trouble getting land ..

Also never had trouble competeing with 1 acct , only problem i Ever had with AA is the end game p2w .. ( was terrible)

What they have set up by removing the p2w from cash shop could work , The community has been asking for that for 5 years now ,

If they deliver what they are promoting it will do well on a sub base , most likely needing additional servers , and will turn a profit ..

Now , it should be able to sustain as the gameplay and mechainics are good and promote strong comunity and team play ..

They just need to keep there greed in check and leave the p2w out and it will do well for them ..

Ill be jumping in along with a few friends ...

Also in support of AAUnchained ill be giving away a few copies here to this community .. so look out for that in the coming weeks ..
    jakeshadow
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Coolit said:
    snip
    I heard a youtuber talk about this multi boxing thing. Can you explain it to me so I can understand why this is?

At the base level, 3 accounts primarily nets you 3x the base labour and 3 times the land placement possibilities compared to someone with 1 account.

A player with one account has to make choices on how to spend their labour especially early on as they won’t be able to advance in all key areas while someone with alt accounts will have the labour to advance in multiple areas including but not limited to, gear progression, earning gold, crafting and land ownership. AAU will have the Korean labour system which will alleviate the labour issue to some degree but it’s not a silver bullet.

Being allowed all your accounts online at the same time just makes things logistically easier while Gamigos original stance to only allow one account at a time was at least somewhat a deterrent to owning multiple accounts.

I found it pretty funny that in the first stream it was emphasised you can’t buy labour in the cash shop anymore but on the other hand they are allowing up to 3 accounts which nets you three times the labour of the "average joe" on one account. Bearing in mind this is a b2p game now ;)

Guess we’ll see what happens on the 15th.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:

Ive played on 3 servers to end game with AA , and never had trouble getting land ..

Also never had trouble competeing with 1 acct , only problem i Ever had with AA is the end game p2w .. ( was terrible)

What they have set up by removing the p2w from cash shop could work , The community has been asking for that for 5 years now ,

If they deliver what they are promoting it will do well on a sub base , most likely needing additional servers , and will turn a profit ..

Now , it should be able to sustain as the gameplay and mechainics are good and promote strong comunity and team play ..

They just need to keep there greed in check and leave the p2w out and it will do well for them ..

Ill be jumping in along with a few friends ...

Also in support of AAUnchained ill be giving away a few copies here to this community .. so look out for that in the coming weeks ..
    Most everything I mentioned happened during the initial launch of AA NA, I was unable to login at all during the first two weeks, so I never bothered trying afterwards.

The next 6 months was a total shitshow of hacks, exploits and dups.  Now perhaps none of that will happen this time around, but I'll be surprised if Gamigo can react quickly enough to whatever surprises the evil geniuses of the playerbase manages to throw at them.

Those living under the bridge think Gamigo is totally out of their league.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Coolit said:
    Coolit said:
    snip

At the base level, 3 accounts primarily nets you 3x the base labour and 3 times the land placement possibilities compared to someone with 1 account.

A player with one account has to make choices on how to spend their labour especially early on as they won’t be able to advance in all key areas while someone with alt accounts will have the labour to advance in multiple areas including but not limited to, gear progression, earning gold, crafting and land ownership. AAU will have the Korean labour system which will alleviate the labour issue to some degree but it’s not a silver bullet.

Being allowed all your accounts online at the same time just makes things logistically easier while Gamigos original stance to only allow one account at a time was at least somewhat a deterrent to owning multiple accounts.

I found it pretty funny that in the first stream it was emphasised you can’t buy labour in the cash shop anymore but on the other hand they are allowing up to 3 accounts which nets you three times the labour of the "average joe" on one account. Bearing in mind this is a b2p game now ;)

Guess we’ll see what happens on the 15th.

Remember you can buy AA;U on steam for cheaper price if they do sale maybe $5 or $10.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    MMO Exposed is asking about the 'game', not the support or servers or anything like that. The game.

I'd answer but I'm not very experienced with AA really.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:

I absolutely agree, queue was a big problem, and also land grab bot, the bot won't be anywhere near the land and magically drop a land plot. and If you don't get land you can just forget it, a lot of the crafting material needs land, and don't think about putting trees in a place you think it's safe in the open to plant. there are always somebody manage to cut it down, that was usually me since I did't have lands.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    DMKano said:
    MMO Exposed is asking about the 'game', not the support or servers or anything like that. The game.

I'd answer but I'm not very experienced with AA really.

When there are underlying hosting issues that are impacting gameplay- the game becomes very much a moot point.

Why do you think they delayed the launch?

Yep because the performance is hot garbage right now and they know it

Also people preordering games without doing research first - please....
    Should I just say the same thing again? Not really sure what else to say.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • Server issues and queue skewing the ecosystem and economy in favor of large premade guilds
    • TONS of alts = AltAge grabbing up all the land
    • All the goofball players who still play this mess bully rushing one faction because they don't want to lose at Halcyona and other PVP hot spots
    • Lots of AFK shenanigans
    • TONS of same faction pirating/blood lusting because Jake Song though it was a good idea to hard cap pirate population
    • Plenty of early cheating/exploits that only get dealt with topically
    • P2W out the gate via titles and XP bonuses
    And then some...

Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    DMKano said:
    Expect crappy server performance and a major lack of support. 

When AA launched Trion had 100+ customer support staff and the tickets queue was in the 1000s.

Gamigo has a handful of customer support staff.

Also Gamigo moved hosting providers several weeks ago - planned move was 12 hours, ArcheAge was down over 40 hours. 

Since the move they have had major issues of failed logins, server instability even cash shop went offline for full day.

The fact that they delayed already shows that they are completely unprepared for this.

On top of all this - Trion had a full 30+ strong operations team to handle server, network security and databases, automation, cdn deployments etc...

Gamigo has 4 people remaining doing all the work.

You think Trion was crap.... get ready for an eye opener
    Wow Trion spend a lot of money on launch huh? 

How’d that work for them?
    Slapshot1188
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Coolit said:

Time will tell I guess.

And they contradicted themselves of the live stream where on the forums and discord they said there will be land for everyone and then on the live stream khorlan said it would be a blood bath. So it is left up to speculation what he meant by it. The team is purposely being vague. My guess is so they can sell more copies. Buy it to find out what the limitations are. No thanks! When you think about it, it is pretty rotten of them the resell a game to people who already paid for the founders pack.

They say you can only buy three copies of the game but what happens when the botters are using VM's. Is the program going to be able to detect it is on a VM and shut itself off? I highly doubt it. Besides they did not do anything about botters before. There were tons of them running around. Why would they stop them now? Just like Keemstar I am going to get my popcorn ready and watch the drama.

Dhampir