Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Player Uncertainty, Chronicles of Elyria To Compensate Players Affected By Claim Issues - MMOR

2»

Comments

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    'full value store credit'

Not 'Get your cash back.'

That's gonna cause another problem...
  • LethalityLethality Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I was hoping to see just one intelligent, informed comment here. My expectations were low, and I was still let down.

Every one of you should be ashamed for jumping on the mob mentality bandwagon without taking a minute to learn about it for yourself.

You are part. Of. The. Problem.

• KylockKylock Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Seems they aren't taking new registrations either! ;)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2019
    Lethality said:
    I was hoping to see just one intelligent, informed comment here. My expectations were low, and I was still let down.

Every one of you should be ashamed for jumping on the mob mentality bandwagon without taking a minute to learn about it for yourself.

Actually, we know quite a bit about this game and we are not the problem, SBS clearly holds title to that label.
    Slapshot1188tweedledumb99kenguru23

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Lethality said:

You mean the people that backed a game that the developer said could be launched in 18 months but now 3 years later we still aren't even in Alpha?  I think THOSE people who willingly enabled such blatantly impossible statements are part. Of. The. Problem.
    Kylerantweedledumb99kenguru23

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Chornicles of faliaria!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Wasn't this the game that stated during the kickstarter that the game would be up and running in about 6 or 7 months?

The claim on the original Kickstarter was something to that effect with the developer saying they had received private backing, invested their own funds, had a playable demo and just needed to polish off the product.....I don't recall but something like "bring our vision to fruition..(sic) Total lie...
    Slapshot1188kenguru23

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• LethalityLethality Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Kyleran said:
    Lethality said:

Actually, we know quite a bit about this game and we are not the problem, SBS clearly holds title to that label.
    You don't seem to have a grasp on things. 
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2019
    Lethality said:
    Kyleran said:
    Lethality said:

Please elaborate.  I really want to see your reasoning and the point you are getting at with specifics instead of just vague implications!
    Lethality said:
    Kyleran said:
    Lethality said:

Please explain and help us understand.  All you did was drop in and insult every single poster.  So help us understand what we are wrong about.  Here are the facts.  Let me know what is wrong:

1. Original release date was Dec 2017.  When the date was questioned the developer mocked those questioning him and referred to his Gantt charts.  Game not only hasn’t launched as of Sep 2019 but has not entered the 3 month no wipe headstart for high donors, Beta 2, Beta1, Alpha 2, Alpha 1, Kingdoms of Elyria, Prelude, Adventure Construction Set.... nothing. That is fact. 

2. Game was supposed to be based on Spatial OS which was billed as “the fabric the game is built on” and would enable delivery of the grandiose promises. Well, SpatialOS was dropped and they are trying to duplicate it with off the shelf software.  That is a fact.

3. Fans were only supposed to fund the Kickstarter and we were told that the game would cost $3-$4 million total to develop and release.  Well, they never found the promised investment (publisher or angel investors) so they have squeezed the players for all funding.  Currently sitting at around $7,000,000. So they are years behind schedule and millions over budget. They had to lay off staff. Those are facts.

4.  Development time continues to be wasted on scrapped ideas such as Elyria Mud (cancelled), VoxElyria (cancelled), the Silvermine demo, the Princess Bride demo, the Jousting Demo...  

5. People who have spent tens of thousands of dollars on the game have called the developer shady and other less kind words.  That is a fact.

So instead is calling every poster here unintelligent and uniformed why not enlighten us with some facts to back that up?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited September 2019
    jonp200 said:

Wasn't this the game that stated during the kickstarter that the game would be up and running in about 6 or 7 months?

The claim on the original Kickstarter was something to that effect with the developer saying they had received private backing, invested their own funds, had a playable demo and just needed to polish off the product.....I don't recall but something like "bring our vision to fruition..(sic) Total lie...
    Here is the quote: We also promised to only go to Kickstarter once we had a playable demo (combat demo released at PAX East) and substantial development to show. This is not just a concept that we're presenting. It's a game in the making that we need your help to bring to fruition.

We all now know how accurate that “playable demo” was and how little they actually had done.