Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Introduces Premium Subscription, Brings Back In-Game Store - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegends of Aria Introduces Premium Subscription, Brings Back In-Game Store - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria has decided to bring back its in-game store alongside a new premium subscription, according to Citadel Studios today. In addition, the new sub has resulted in a price drop for the game, going form $29.99 to $19.99.

Read the full story here

Comments

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    b2p, optional subscription model, and a cash shop...all they need now is some loot boxes and they'll have all their bases covered.
    [Deleted User]xybedoutScotFacelessSavior[Deleted User]MightyUncleanThe_Kodell
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Not surprised they're playing with monetization changes. That's usually an early sign things aren't going well and this game is going nowhere fast.
    [Deleted User]FacelessSavior[Deleted User]ScellowMightyUncleanThe_Kodell
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    https://steamcharts.com/app/594770

all you need to know now is the closed date
    [Deleted User]The_Kodell
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Sinking ship
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    edited September 2019
    annouce in game cash shop, walk it back, wait, reintroduce it.... profit?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Someone tell these geniuses that if you are going to put shit on the store then explain wtf it is. "Premium subscription" with no fucking details at all. How lazy can you be? I guess they really don't want my money.
    The_Kodell
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    synn said:
    b2p, optional subscription model, and a cash shop...all they need now is some loot boxes and they'll have all their bases covered.
    nah they also need paid dlc for more adventures, aim for a mobile port, trying to sell more land/ships skins, and never launch the game, then they really will have it all the features most players seen to love
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     A dull ,uninspired, lackluster , boring attempt at UO ...

If you want a UO experience there is only one place to get it ..

https://uo.com/

[Deleted User]FacelessSavior
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Why play this when Astellia "CLASSIC MMORPG" launches in a week !!
    jason523TokkennewbismxF2Plague
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Premium for me is worth it cause paying house taxes becomes tedious so good job whoever came up with that perk idea. The sub price does go down a lot compared to other games when buying multiple months so good job on that as well.

This game takes crap a lot from all sides but this is the best of the kickstarter MMORPGs that has released so far IMO. It's far better than their old boss's SotA in every single way and they deserve credit for that. They delivered what they said they would and from this point on can really only improve the game if enough players are willing support them financially. If anything the other kickstarter games in permanent pre-alpha should take a look at LoA and copy what they did by creating a base game, release it then add on from there.
    ysn888FacelessSavior
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I'm still enjoying the game.  Premium sub works for me.....no taxes! lol  Looking forward to point 8 coming out soon.  If the game shuts down, I don't mind going back to UO.  LoA has been a good experience.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232

Utinni said:

Why play this when Astellia "CLASSIC MMORPG" launches in a week !!

Ive been shaking my head at that advertisement as well... "Classic MMO" lol... Whoever is handling the marketing for that game is completely clueless as to what a "Classic MMO" is because Astellia ain't it...
    Tokken
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Tokken said:

I'm still enjoying the game.  Premium sub works for me.....no taxes! lol  Looking forward to point 8 coming out soon.  If the game shuts down, I don't mind going back to UO.  LoA has been a good experience.

Or go to Legends of Ultima :P
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    jarsku85 said:

Tokken said:

Or go to Legends of Ultima :P
    When the game shuts down in 6 months- a year LoU will go with it.  Not sure what the point is.