Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Shows off The Otter-like Tidebreaker In New Video - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Shows off The Otter-like Tidebreaker In New Video - MMORPG.com

Unless you're an awful person and don't like otters, a new Ashes of Creation trailer shows off a cute otter-like Tidebreaker creature, along with a new video showcasing the animal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Can't wait for them to add these to the BR mode!
    [Deleted User]foppoteeScot[Deleted User]
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I've only read about this game a little & keep waiting for the release, but I have to admit an otter mount is an awesome idea!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited September 2019
    If the video is showing actual game world footage then I'm impressed.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166

Kyleran said:

If the video is showing actual game world footage then I'm impressed.

It might be OK graphically as long as you can turn off the fog/smoke. Every video I see looks like it's shot in an open world hookah lounge.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Cute critter,nice video,too bad Otters could never carry a person and we need a game for these to reside in.
    This is starting to feel like Crowfall,they are going to show us every item in the game but never giving a reason to like the GAME.

Bit's n Pieces work for chips n snack bags"every handful is a brand new ballgame",i need to see REASONS to play a game.
    A video showing me how and why the character does things,how we interact with combat.This looks more like an empty game where players just use the cash shop and pvp.

We need to start seeing some serious games come out,way too many low budget half assed games coming to market.This guy blew it,i am also kind of sure i know the timeline why and when and all points to that Twitter beef with his own employees.It is a sinking ship imo and i really have no answer to how he could save this.
    SritLastlaughlolCMHWoody

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I feel a very large problem within all these studios is the ass kissing.People employed are going to tell Mr.Sharif,oh yeah your ideas are great,websites are going to post nothing but positive things but hardly anyone will tell him the truth.
    He would be better off with someone like me,someone who wouldn't ass kiss and tell him straight up,NO this idea is bad and offer a better direction.I am also a person who doesn't go around giving 4/10 games a 8.5/10 ,again ass kissing,everyone involved in gaming has an agenda to make $$$$.
    Srit

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2019

Wizardry said:

I feel a very large problem within all these studios is the ass kissing.People employed are going to tell Mr.Sharif,oh yeah your ideas are great,websites are going to post nothing but positive things but hardly anyone will tell him the truth.

He would be better off with someone like me,someone who wouldn't ass kiss and tell him straight up,NO this idea is bad and offer a better direction.I am also a person who doesn't go around giving 4/10 games a 8.5/10 ,again ass kissing,everyone involved in gaming has an agenda to make $$$$.

I'd say the main thing about all these crowdfunded projects is no accountability. Nothing happens if deadlines are set and missed. Nothing will happen if they never make the mmorpg because the things people are purchasing in the virtual store can easily be implemented into the BR, so nothing happens if people get stiffed. Its honestly the perfect failsafe they've set up, even like Crowfall as you said since they have a map so they could honestly push that tomorrow and get away with whatever they cached.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i will buy and subscribe. no problem but this better be in the same league as FFXIV and ESO,GW2 and better!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited September 2019
    Raquis said:
    i will buy and subscribe. no problem but this better be in the same league as FFXIV and ESO,GW2 and better!
    Clearly it already is, has a BR mode which those other "half-rate" games you mentioned lack.

Those living under the bridge love giving snarky, tongue in cheek replies. 

>:) 
    Lastlaughlol

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Arterius said:

Albatroes said:

Can't wait for them to add these to the BR mode!

dang beat me to it
    But you got the accolades  :)
    Chamber of Chains
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Wizardry said:

Cute critter,nice video,too bad Otters could never carry a person

Well, prehistoric otters were the size of a large dog so maybe in a fantasy world they can carry a person. I mean should birds, aka chocobos, carry people? I don't think you even understand what a fantasy world "is" or can be.

Your other point about showing every little items without showing a game is spot on though.
    CryomatrixKylerantweedledumb99[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Having an otter for a mount is original.
    Sovrath
    Chamber of Chains
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    is chris robert at command in this game too? :)
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    These guys never cease to amaze with their creativity in this fantasy set game! So far a armadillo , a horse and now an otter! MY god what will they think of next! I just cant wait to fight all this crazy stuff, prolly bears, and dogs, and cat and snakes, and bugs. My o my this has the making of an epic fantasy rpg!
    Mensur
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Yet again, I bother to watch another asset video. My problem is that these are showcased as major strides in development when its more likely to be forgotten in any modern MMO by the next uber mount released a month or so later. Other major MMO developers must be laughing so hard at these guys. Not because this is a new company per se, but that they are essentially holding up their glued macaroni preschool drawings up as progress. Im guessing they are coming to the realization of just how difficult programming the node system is and they are stumbling around at this point. Im just no longer impressed by the look of the game. If they dont deliver on the core gameplay systems I hope their failure is a major lesson to the whole industry.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Who does not like otters? Unless you have been a victim of When Otters Attack. :)
    Great idea for a mount, maybe they can one day be amphibious.