Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen September Newsletter breaks down Class Design, Weapons, More - MMORPG.

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Sovrath said:
    moshra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    That merch store is ridiculous when it comes to pricing. I know that it is supposed to help with development of the game but even hardcore supporters on the forums and the reddit are pretty upset at the pricing.

I actually wrote them yesterday and the response was ...

"Thank you for the feedback. We are evaluating the responses we've been receiving and looking into further discussions with the supplier. Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts!"

I was hoping others would chime in. Part of me thinks it's not so much "sell some items and make some profit for the game" so much as "donate to the game and here's a present."

Which I indicated in my e-mail.

If they lowered the prices they might make less each sale but more over all with more people buying.
    Yeah I was excited by getting a shop but I already put 1k towards the game. I don't want to pay 40$ for a shirt (because I would get the one with the character on it) when I can get a AEW shirt for $25, go to Disneyworld and get a shirt  for $25, etc... I would pay $30 tops
    Yeah, and the mug is $35 which is a big "no."

but its a full color mug
    Even the mug I bought at Cirque du Soleil that was solid black but when you poured hot liquid in, it would then reveal a color scene cost less.
    but then how they will sca... I mean support the game?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited September 2019
    I love drawings like this. Wish I could draw but I cannot even to save my life.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Reading the newsletter I found out something I did not know, the devs aren't nearly so well funded as some have claimed. 

They seem to be going along a similar route as COE in terms of relying very heavily on backer funding instead of investors.

"As you probably already know, the bulk of our funding comes directly from you, through crowdfunding. Your pledges allow us to keep the lights on and keep the team fed."
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited September 2019
    No info on shaman, just telling us they are getting trans/gate from WoW. Maybe next time.

edit : nevermind they are selling baby clothes now. game almost finished
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited September 2019
    Torval said:
    Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:
    Reading the newsletter I found out something I did not know, the devs aren't nearly so well funded as some have claimed. 

They seem to be going along a similar route as COE in terms of relying very heavily on backer funding instead of investors.

"As you probably already know, the bulk of our funding comes directly from you, through crowdfunding. Your pledges allow us to keep the lights on and keep the team fed."
    Yeah I was surprised by this to and a little worried. I only stated what Kilsin have Brad said on the fourms and on the reddit about being funded till launch. Doesn't seem like that way now
    I'm also surprised because I remember that as well. Things that make you go, hmmm.

Don't feel too bad. It was a different time and worth a shot. It could have all worked out well to, but it hasn't. Not just this project either, but most all of them. Some have tried way more than others. Some are just freaking delusional. I think everyone, including some bitter critics really wanted it to work out well too. Who knows maybe it will all pan out in the end.

But since I've all but given up on that now, I require proof whenever any of these projects make a claim. If a project has $80M in backing, then show me the money or don't make the claim. I'm not buying any more "goodwill" pledges about funding or stability. "We have the money, trust us." isn't a check I'll cash. None of these projects, not a single one is on track enough to get a pass from me in this regard. I. Don't. Believe. Them.

[PS: I got that last line from the Chappelle special on Netflix. Had to give credit. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to say I watched that. Can I get banned for that? :lol:]
    Thing is, at one time they might had enough money to deliver the game, had they kept to their planned schedule. (Whatever it was)

Burn rates are real folks,  every day that goes by consumes "X" amount of dollars and except for SC and maybe even COE most games have a finite amount of funding.

Once it runs out...the game either launches as is or folds up the tents and goes home.

It happened with Vanguard and many other MMORPGs in the past,  and it will very likely happen again with most of these modern indie games in development.

Those living under the bridge are pragmatic.

>:) 
    [Deleted User]Mendel[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:

Yeah I was surprised by this to and a little worried. I only stated what Kilsin have Brad said on the fourms and on the reddit about being funded till launch. Doesn't seem like that way now
    I'm also surprised because I remember that as well. Things that make you go, hmmm.

Don't feel too bad. It was a different time and worth a shot. It could have all worked out well to, but it hasn't. Not just this project either, but most all of them. Some have tried way more than others. Some are just freaking delusional. I think everyone, including some bitter critics really wanted it to work out well too. Who knows maybe it will all pan out in the end.

But since I've all but given up on that now, I require proof whenever any of these projects make a claim. If a project has $80M in backing, then show me the money or don't make the claim. I'm not buying any more "goodwill" pledges about funding or stability. "We have the money, trust us." isn't a check I'll cash. None of these projects, not a single one is on track enough to get a pass from me in this regard. I. Don't. Believe. Them.

[PS: I got that last line from the Chappelle special on Netflix. Had to give credit. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to say I watched that. Can I get banned for that? :lol:]
    I'm probably more skeptical than most on these forums.  This has been my contention all along.  The modern game development paradigm is more akin to a religious cult than a business in some aspects.  A fancy web design pushes out some vague promises, and the fans read into it more substance than is actually there, or even intended.  Pointing out flaws or inconsistencies in the plans will uncover any number of followers ready to credit any non-positive thought as Satanic.

It doesn't matter if it is content, or intent, or finances.  Until it is a finished product available for me to purchase, it is only someone's words, frequently uttered in prelude for passing the collection plate again.  The safest attitude for my money is:  I. Don't.  Believe. Them.

(PS: I don't know that mentioning Chappelle will get you banned.  I'd be a bit more uncertain about Netflix, though.)

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2019
    IIRC, Star Citizen claimed they had enough money to complete the game too.  I forget if Chronicles of Elyria did or not (coulda sworn they did. Or maybe that was just their ridiculous low-balling of the required amount in the first place and they never reached it?  Like I said, I forget)

Bunch of liars who feed off of giving false hype, it seems.

Kyleran said: Thing is, at one time they might had enough money to deliver the game, had they kept to their planned schedule. (Whatever it was)

Their "planned schedule", like pretty much all crowd-funded MMORPGs, was probably obviously impossible and unrealistic in the first place (hence why they and everyone else keeps taking more than quadruple the amount of time of their original schedule).
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    They may have the money and the ability to pull off a launch. I'm not going to claim anyone doesn't because I can't prove that. On the other hand I'm giving no benefits of the doubt anymore. Essentially I have little to no confidence any of them will pull it off and since they can't or won't prove it I can't and wont' take them seriously.

The big issue with people buying into the promise of a game is that *if* the game goes away, the people who invested their time, energy, and emotions into that game *can* get hurt.  Think of EQ Next; it's failure hurt a lot of people.  People who have been burned tend to leave the genre behind, which does nobody any good.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.