Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Apocalypse returns 24 September

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
edited September 2019 in Ashes of Creation
TL;DW

• Testing returns on 24 September at 1200 PDT
  • Severs are persistent
  • Season 1 will last 12 weeks
  • Combat has gotten a lot of polish
  • Previous Adventure Paths were reset

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited September 2019
    Stop calling it testing.

Those who live under the bridge know BS when they smell it.

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Kyleran said:
    Stop calling it testing.

Those who live under the bridge know BS when they smell it.

>:) 

If they weren't putting it on Steam, it would be a different story, but now that its on Steam and steam has ok'd it being an "Early Access" product, now I'm stuck in the situation of WTF do I call it.  

If I try to bring Steam and their titles into the discussion then people who have no opinion on Ashes will jump up and down on me and I get caught in the Steam vs Epic Game Store argument.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    Except one problem,even the sketchy green light idea was still allowing most every piece of garbage game into their store front,oh yeah let's point fingers at Epic ...sigh.

So fact it is on Steam doesn't mean a single thing,other than it is a game for sale and not just any sale but sold AS IS.

"Seasons"i am so sick of that idea it makes me puke,i think people watch too much TV to come up with these ridiculous ideas.These SHOULD be role playing games and persistent worlds ,instead they come off as computer code systems but really should try and mimic a real world but don't.

This game is sooooo far done it is not funny,you'll get a half assed game that plans on very little spending and will try and recoup their losses as best they can.I feel very little has been done on this for at least the past year and has been reaffirmed by a person who was actually very close to Sharif,so yeah.

I personally hate deceptive businesses,they try and feed everyone a hook line and sinker just to get their money.I prefer game studios to be held accountable,to lose their shirt if they don't pull their weight or deliver on their promises.Yes Sharif is likely to lose some of his money but he was not properly organized to pull this off or just maybe he always planned on a half assed game and a cash shop,who knows.
    [Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited September 2019
    Wizardry said:

I personally hate deceptive businesses,they try and feed everyone a hook line and sinker just to get their money.I prefer game studios to be held accountable,to lose their shirt if they don't pull their weight or deliver on their promises.Yes Sharif is likely to lose some of his money but he was not properly organized to pull this off or just maybe he always planned on a half assed game and a cash shop,who knows.

Not going to lie, my personal perspective on it is this Steven had success from previous business ventures, had a pile of money, had a bunch of gamer friends and decided that he wanted to make an MMORPG of his own. He surrounded himself with really loyal but ill-trained, ill-equipped people, and then things went South.

Steven started bringing in the right people to fix things and roughly 90% of the people he has brought in have been the right people.

One of the best being Babbletr0n from the Blade and Soul team. You know that had to be a fairly good draft choice because the Blade and Soul community was sad to see him go.

Now they have to backtrack down 40 miles of bad road to get back to square 1, and get going right. For all we know this shit could go horrible. We will find out when we get something that resembles an MMORPG.
    Post edited by jahlon on
    tweedledumb99
  • DancwithDancwith Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I played about 5 hours of this game... Gotta say, if there is a bigger piece of crap to play, i don't know what it is.  I would have cut it off after about an hour but i felt obliged to get as much info for some friends as i could.  I........... was seriously disgusted.