Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Surge 2 Trailer Shows Off Glorious Violence - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Surge 2 Trailer Shows Off Glorious Violence - MMORPG.com News

The Surge 2 received a new trailer today showcasing its violence in all its glory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    The game could be so much fun with Monster-Hunter-like multiplayer...

Embedded "video" show site's start page btw.
    TillerMrOfficerinfomatzSamhael

Thank you for your time!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    All I saw was.........

Here's a Cop wielding an axe while riding a bad-ass T-Rex with gatling gun arms.

Whoa... That's cool...

We have awesome MMORPG stuff too - Check it out
    MrOfficer
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2019
    This is the IP I wish would move away from souls-like and just become a normal RPG. The world and style are excellent.
    koldmiserThupliinfomatzTacticalZombeh
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348

This is the IP I wish would move away from souls-like and just become a normal RPG. The world and style are excellent.

Totally agree.
    Thupli
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    The first game was nice albeit each weapon of the same type having the same attack animations (apart of boss weapons). This one seems to improve on the first one.

I'll be sure to check it out.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    so, no one's gonna mention that the link is broken and just shows the iframe? ;)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Same.  I just bought the first and I love the combat much like Sekiro or Nioh,  but because of the fact that it's souls-like I don't know that I will ever finish it.
    edited September 2019
    Same.  I just bought the first and I love the combat much like Sekiro or Nioh,  but because of the fact that it's souls-like I don't know that I will ever finish it.
    I got to the spider type enemies that leap at you in the first and got fed up after that. I've played my share of souls-like and I've finished Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls but I just can't keep putting myself through it. It's not good for anyone's mental health or their peripherals. 
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    "... showcasing its violence in all its glory."

Seriously? Nobody has the least qualm about this? Sure, it's fantasy violence, just for fun... but still, relishing and proud of the glorification of violence?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    These Souls like copy cat games get a 1/10 for creativity and design.I have zero use for them as i see them as very cheap lazy work.

"Targeting armor"so you can get the loot.Well an ok idea ,i really have noticed gaming of late is all about the LOOT way more so than the game play.We even just recently got an article on this site about Tom Clancy will allow players to better target their loot,it is getting ridiculous that people are only playing these for the loot.

As to the "violence"notation,this is just passed on by this site,either came in their in box or got word of it from somewhere.I am 100% certain nobody on this site wrote the part about bragging about violence and really this game will be passed on by most everyone anyhow so gone like the wind.

Some immature person at their studio thought it might be a good marketing tool to brag about violence but again,this will be gone with the wind and without Scarlett O'Hara.
    DavodtheTutt

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited September 2019
    Fucking hell, we're complaining about violence in games around here now? Fuck knows why I'm still here.
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

"... showcasing its violence in all its glory."

Seriously? Nobody has the least qualm about this? Sure, it's fantasy violence, just for fun... but still, relishing and proud of the glorification of violence?

Instead of playing video games you should focus on your bible studies more.
    DavodtheTutt
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,500

Thane said:

so, no one's gonna mention that the link is broken and just shows the iframe? ;)

You mean like the very first reply in the thread?