Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    --> Like another user in that thread said to the OP:
    "For the sake of discussion, it "seems" as if some of the bugs are associated with individual accounts.

*snip*

My answer to OP's question is that Every gameplay loop is NOT broken for me ATM, but something seems or appears to be an issue in part with your account. GL"

In my personal experience ... some bugs, but most things work.

And some posters in the forums ... and here ... seem to have ... well ..... lets just say their problems are "an issue in part with their accounts"  ;-)

Have fun
    Ah, *seems*....

Come on.

If the majority of people are reporting that things are buggy or break with regularity then *seems* does not count for shit.

---

>>In my personal experience ... some bugs, but most things work.

In my personal experience ... lots of bugs, but most things work partially, at least some of the time.

---

>>And some posters in the forums ... and here ... seem to have ... well ..... lets just say their problems are "an issue in part with their accounts"  ;-)

And how would you like to go about proving such a nonsensical claim?
    NorseGod
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited August 2019
    If only there was something for backers to have fun while the game is developed... :(

Erillion[Deleted User]
    edited August 2019

B) Ding B)

- 233$Millions -
    Half a Million $ in a Day! Not too shabby  :D

Post edited by Babuinix on
    ErillionDKLond
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    DING !

234 M$

Have fun

Babuinix
    edited September 2019
    B) 234M$ B)
    Today saw a nice JUMP in funding :D

Cheers All!
    DING !

235 M$

Have fun
    Babuinix
    edited September 2019
    B) 235M$ B)

ELE Continues in full swing!
    Cheers All! ;)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    500M$ Later : DING Alpha Version 191.20011110.AF.Q9182 is Up!!

Cheers all!!
    Babuinix

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Huzzah!  Maybe Alpha 4.0 in January.  Then Alpha 5.0 in June 2020.  Expect Alpha 6.0 in August 2020!  And maybe 7.0 by May 2021 and Alpha 8.0 by November 2021!  Aren't you excited!?
    BabuinixErillion
    DING !

236 M$  (236,001,474 $)

Have fun

Babuinix
    edited October 2019
    B) 236$M B)

ELE Continues in full swing!
    Cheers All!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited October 2019
    What's the number they have to reach in order to make and release the game?

John D. Rockefeller, when asked once, "How much money is enough money?," replied, "Just a little bit more."
    Erillion

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Amathe said:

John D. Rockefeller, when asked once, "How much money is enough money?," replied, "Just a little bit more."
    It’s not a number they have to reach it’s just when the backers get tired of the crap and stop giving them money will they be forced to release a half baked game in my opinion
    NorseGod
    Amathe said:

"As much as needed until its done...."

Have fun
      B) 237$M B)

ELE in full swing!
    Cheers All!
    Erillion
    :) 238$Millions :)
    B)
    Erillion
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Wonderfull :smile:
    Game is growing well, 2 or 3 years we see release ^^

NorseGod
    edited October 2019
    B) 239$Millions B)
    :)
    Erillion
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited October 2019
    It looks like Star Citizen has also passed the mark of getting more than $100 funding for every registered user.  This average includes free trials who've paid nothing, as we don't know the number of people who've bought the game.

B) Ding! 240$Millions B)

Congrats Citizens and Happy ELEween :D
    Erillion
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited November 2019
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

From crowdfunding sheet game closes on 27 million by now this year, with the usual November & December if they fund close to the numbers last year the crowdfund is once again going to be the highest funding year to date

Once the game gets more persistency and its intended monetization model (currency microtransactions) starts making sense, the need for concepts reduces but it's likely it will no longer count towards the pledge counter
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    MaxBacon said:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

From crowdfunding sheet game closes on 27 million by now this year, with the usual November & December if they fund close to the numbers last year the crowdfund is once again going to be the highest funding year to date

I can only imagine this spiking up once the game gets more persistency and its intended monetization model (currency microtransactions) starts making sense, what should cut on the creation of new concepts
    I don't know if it'll spike up, because if you remember my calculation based on the player stats RSI released, right now Star Citizen players are spending nearly $3 for every hour they're actually playing the game.

A lot of the purchases are still clearly based on dreams of the future and of what people hope the game to be. When the development progresses far enough at some point those purchases are bound to decline, and there's no guarantee that their new monetization will make up that slack.
    Babuinix

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Some very rich whales must be crowdfunding this game...I have a hard time believing they can hit these kind of numbers wiht $10 here and there.....
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Yeah, they've been "crowdfunding" for 7 years at this point, there's a limit to how many people are going to gamble their money away on something that can't release (or even hit beta) after that amount of time. No amount of shiny graphics or persistence is going to change that.

I also think that currency monetisation will only act as another wedge between non-microtransation gamers and SC. People are going to ask where the hell does it stop?
    Babuinix
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited November 2019
    Vrika said:
    I don't know if it'll spike up, because if you remember my calculation based on the player stats RSI released, right now Star Citizen players are spending nearly $3 for every hour they're actually playing the game.

A lot of the purchases are still clearly based on dreams of the future and of what people hope the game to be. When the development progresses far enough at some point those purchases are bound to decline, and there's no guarantee that their new monetization will make up that slack.
    It's one of those proven monetization methods, in fact the concept ships is the method that can't last that long because it saturates more and more.

It's also an expensive method to make money, aka see MMOs microtransactions are pretty much free on the development side on things that players buy (either that is currency, those type of boosts, etc...), ships here require a long dev especially when they introduce new mechanics.

It's not possible to know how successful that can be here, but we see how this works for existing titles.