Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Celebrates It's

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria Celebrates It's

Chronicles of Elyria is celebrating the anniversary of its kickstarter with promotions and giveaways, per a post on their official site.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Cool, rewards for a game you can't play. "Here are some rewards you can use in game, eventually" For now all you can look at is cool descriptions.
    lotrloreinfomatz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited September 2019
    Hey guys, I'm celebrating the one year anniversary of my relationship with my imaginary girlfriend.

What? It's about as relevant as this.
    WhiteLanternsakinolMatimusmaximusinfomatz[Deleted User]TacticalZombehScotNildenValdheim
  • MrSoulPantsMrSoulPants Member UncommonPosts: 32

Aeander said:

Hey guys, I'm celebrating the one year anniversary of my relationship with my imaginary girlfriend.

Gratz to U and your girlfriend it's more real then some of these games
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Daz001 said:

Aeander said:

Gratz to U and your girlfriend it's more real then some of these games
    That was the joke.  :p
    TacticalZombeh
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and the best of all here are some free things you need to pay first lol, I swear if they hit the first milestone they sure will need teh prize of sucher of the year, together with star citizen supporters
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Awesome how the thread title cuts off on the mobile client at the word "its" as there really isn't anything worth celebrating.

Even this promotion is several months overdue as SBS delivered their one big item, the DSS maps about 4 months after its April hard  due date.

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My imaginary girlfriend dumped me and ran off with Rumplestiltskin, so I have no one with whom to celebrate this imaginary achievement. 
    AeanderKyleraninfomatz

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So sad...you cannot build a game like this,at least not a good one.
    I would really like to know the mindset of these type of operations and the people behind them.
    Is it just a job that pays the bills?
    Are they so naive they think it can be done?
    Are they actually confident in pulling it off?
    Do they see the public as a bunch of suckers they can grind for money because they see so many other studios doing it?

There must be a lot going through their heads however none of it is a realistic goal if they are aiming to make a AAA mmorpg on a KS'r budget and just half assing it as money comes along.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Kyleran said:
    Awesome how the thread title cuts off on the mobile client at the word "its" as there really isn't anything worth celebrating.

The title cuts off in my non-mobile browser too.  "Chronicles of Elyria Celebrates It's"

I assumed it was on purpose.  ...I hope it was on purpose because that's just genius.
    Kyleran
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2019
    A year of trying to raise money from your consumer base is a celebratory milestone now?

What's next, celebrating prostate exams every 4 years? :D
    CryomatrixTacticalZombeh
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

A year of trying to raise money from your consumer base is a celebratory milestone now?

What's next, celebrating prostate exams every 4 years? :D

I get prostate exams every six months just so I have an excuse to throw a party. Doesn't everyone do that?
    OGDeathRowAeanderKyleraninfomatz[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Game concept is cool but too bad it is fishy as all hell.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I have a cool concept. I'd love to get your support so I can see it come to fruition someday. Any takers?
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I have a cool concept. I'd love to get your support so I can see it come to fruition someday. Any takers?
    When do we start the clock towards celebrating the anniversary of this project's concept?
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    My last post on this game came true, they ask for more fundraising. I'm a prophet now lol
    Kyleran
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    "Every player who has a Chronicles of Elyria pledge package by the end of the promotion will receive a suite of gifts from the studio, ranging from unique recipes for treats and adult beverages up to a steadfast and loyal companion for you to take on your adventures!"

"$40k - Clock - While technically "portable" this mechanical timepiece is perhaps better suited for a desk or a table than a backpack."

....so "Clock" is going to be a unique pledge item or something? That kinda seems like something that really should just be a generic craft.

I mean, really. Not "Antique Wesper Clock" or "Mystical Clock of the Timeless" or "Timepiece from the Realm of Borgastia" or something? Just... "Clock" for a pledge item?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    This sort of thing does not bother me, if like me you never pay before launch just wait until the game comes out. If you are I hope you enjoy the promotions but watch your pocket.