Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OPSEAT Grandmaster Gaming Chair Review - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageOPSEAT Grandmaster Gaming Chair Review - MMORPG.com

I consider myself a “big” guy being 6'6" and tipping the scales at just over 300lbs. So when the opportunity came up to review OPSEAT’s Grandmaster Gaming Chair (Grandmaster) I quickly jumped out of my current seat for a chance to do the review. The Grandmaster is simplistic in setup but hefty in stability, big on comfort, includes some “big game” features and is reasonably priced.

Read the full story here

Comments

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Thank you for this review. As a 6' 4" 300lbs gamer finding a nice chair is always a challenge. Especially for long gaming sessions. I will be checking this out.
    Hatefull
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    ... Oh lawd he comin'!
  • ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150
    All these biggins are harder to carry than my last Overwatch team.  :D :D :D
    ScottJeslis
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    edited September 2019
    I have both the OPSeat and the Secret Labs Titan. I like them both but I think the SecretLabs is better quality. I do love my OP Desk matches perfect with the orange in the chairs. https://imgur.com/FZKc1Hm

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • sythraelsythrael Member UncommonPosts: 58
    OPSeat is a company I've had my eye on for a while, thanks for thorough report.

May the Chaos forever bind you to it's glory.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    My Secret lab titan is way to hard called them and they had no options and no covers to buy even.
    Will try Op next time for sure.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

koldmiser said:

Thank you for this review. As a 6' 4" 300lbs gamer finding a nice chair is always a challenge. Especially for long gaming sessions. I will be checking this out.

6' 4" 230, not much easier, I will take a look at these guys.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Like to hear a report about 6 months from now if you bought one. Like to know if the piston holds up. I had some where I wasn't any where near the max but after a couple months it start to give me that sinking feeling. Piston wasn't holding up and so it would slowly start to sink down.
    sumdumguy1
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

Jamar870 said:

Like to hear a report about 6 months from now if you bought one. Like to know if the piston holds up. I had some where I wasn't any where near the max but after a couple months it start to give me that sinking feeling. Piston wasn't holding up and so it would slowly start to sink down.

Same! I won't discourage anyone from looking at OPSEAT but if you have a newer chair with this issue. as I did with my old Executive chair. I bought "The Chair Saver Kit" for about $25.00. A handyman can cut PVC to do the same I suppose. Check it out here: https://www.chair-saver.com/products
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Grandmaster flash is making gaming chairs now?
    Scot
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Jamar870 said:

When I got both chairs, I was really big. 6'1 380lbs. That was over a year ago when I bought the chairs and Im still using them today. I will say now being down to 280lbs the chairs are still holding up with no issues at all. I am not easy on them. The quality is there.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Unless you have a separate chair for the summer avoid this one.
  • Stevensnow1391Stevensnow1391 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2019

OG_Zorvan said:

Noone else thinks that chair looks a lot cheaper than $300 in quality?

Yes, even i thought the same man! I've been using Opseat Gaming chair for quite a while now and to be honest it's a pretty good quality chair but not the best looks wise. I am looking for another chair to buy under a budget and i found a decent article about the same! Hopes it helps!
    https://chairthrone.com/gaming-chair/best-under-200/
  • sumon7777sumon7777 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Maxnomic dominator premium gaming office & sports chair uniqueness makes it the first choice of every award-oriented gamer. This fantastic chair has super-premium materials to increase its durability and reliability in all its multiple uses. It has high strength metals covered in a durable PU leather which withstands all intense scratches and has a glossy appearance.

Click here to more :https://bestofoffice.com/what-gaming-chair-does-ninja-use/
  • toe-tagtoe-tag Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I have a Grandmaster and the older 2017 OPseat. After 1 year of perfect service and comfort, the tilt housing, which is cast metal, blew apart and I landed on my back. I am 65 yrs old and just retired. I was lucky to only be sore from the fall as it was very violent and sudden. The chair's backrest is so thick and soft, I am sure that saved me from injury. I have an open ticket that I just posted on their website. As for the time I have used this chair, it has been very comfortable and the quality for the money appeared to be great. I am sure they will make it right as the company is really easy to work with. I still think this is the best chair out there for the  money and I regretfully have to use my still working 2017 version which isn't very comfy at all but built strong and has lasted. I hope this older thread can use this experience.