Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Devs Provide Update Detailing Support Classes, Textures, Database Upgrades, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained Devs Provide Update Detailing Support Classes, Textures, Database Upgrades, More

In a new blog post, Camelot Unchained devs, CSE, provided an update on support classes, textures, database hardware upgrades, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    In no way is this a jab against the game but are these the updates we should be getting as we enter Q4 2019?

I hope they're making solid progress.
    MightyUncleanValentinaAgent_Joseph
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Herithius said:
    In no way is this a jab against the game but are these the updates we should be getting as we enter Q4 2019?

The progress on the game itself, what's playable, is slow and steady-ish.

It keeps getting better, more playable, more fun, but that happens slower than anyone would like.

At this point im mostly hibernating on this game cause it needs 2-3 more years to bake fully.
    AlomarHatefull
  • GagbumGagbum Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Vaporware
    PhryAgent_JosephHatefull
    Gagbum said:
    Vaporware
    Wrong, cause ive actually played it as have thousands of others and theres a real proto game there that needs more work.

But it may end up a failed project.
    Hatefull
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Any day now.
    gervaise1tweedledumb99Hatefull
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Herithius said:

It keeps getting better, more playable, more fun, but that happens slower than anyone would like.

At this point im mostly hibernating on this game cause it needs 2-3 more years to bake fully.
    These weekly updates are wearying, I stopped reading the emails long ago.

Turns out there actually is such thing as too much information.

RovnBeezerbeezAlomarPhryAgent_Joseph[Deleted User]tweedledumb99Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Early Alpha they are calling Beta 1.....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    Herithius said:

Pfft, speak for yourself :p
    Those massive dev-blogs are the reason CU is the only game I actually grant any attention.  Like I said in another thread, to me, CU is just a fun development journal to read rather than a game.

Maybe one day it'll become a game...
    tweedledumb99
    Lokero said:
    Kyleran said:
    Herithius said:

Pfft, speak for yourself :p
    Those massive dev-blogs are the reason CU is the only game I actually grant any attention.  Like I said in another thread, to me, CU is just a fun development journal to read rather than a game.

Maybe one day it'll become a game...
    Pffft,  I spend all day reading and writing "development journals" (we call them requirements and design docs in the real world) ....not going to spend a minute reading them instead of gaming.

>:) 
    Hatefull

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    CSE has been busy working on the game engine and server architecture. They have very little 'shinies' to show off so it's tough to judge development progress. They also have a tough time recruiting the right engineers for various reasons although opening up their latest studio helped out quite a bit.

It will be worth the wait. I'll even bet that this will release before Star Citizen goes gold. Any takers?
    bcbullyPhryAgent_Joseph
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I honestly forgot this game existed.
    Sarla
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I honestly forgot this game existed.
    I was going to say welcome to the forums, but i guess i forgot who you were  :p
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    if they not finishing game in next 10 years,I am afraid I am not to be able to play it.Probably I have to be too much old to know my personal name ! 
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I'm still hopeful for this game, I guess only time will tell it the development pace will be worth it.
    tweedledumb99
    I'm still hopeful for this game, I guess only time will tell it the development pace will be worth it.
    Im both hopeful and worried about the pace.

Not cause i think it needs to come out soon, because im worried a full and fun game wont get released at all.

By fun i just mean fun for some significant target audience, not "fun for me".
    CSE has been busy working on the game engine and server architecture. They have very little 'shinies' to show off so it's tough to judge development progress. They also have a tough time recruiting the right engineers for various reasons although opening up their latest studio helped out quite a bit.

It will be worth the wait. I'll even bet that this will release before Star Citizen goes gold. Any takers?
    You do realize this game should be long past working on the game engine and server architecture after 6+ years right?

Maybe, just maybe, they'll never be able to get it quite right....might not actually be possible. 
    tweedledumb99

edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:

You do realize this game should be long past working on the game engine and server architecture after 6+ years right?

Maybe, just maybe, they'll never be able to get it quite right....might not actually be possible. 
    This is true, but again:

They have two choices, try to get it done mostly right and mostly finished and most of the scope included and maybe have a fun successful game (no guarantees), with the risk of not being able to finish before money runs out

or

rush it and release it without most of its features or broken and for sure fail.

So far they're attempting option 1.

We wont know if they'll succeed at option 1, but its definitely not as stupid as trying option 2.
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    DMKano said:
    They've provided like 1000s of updates, so I've reached "I don't care anymore" point a long time ago. 

Texture updates, database updates? Please..... 

I think the whole "open development - keep everyone updated whenever we change a single blade of grass" type approach has completely backfired.

Instead of keeping players interested with continued updates - it's done the exact opposite for me - I just don't care anymore - and I am a backer.

Maybe the die hard fans are really into this "We've changed a rock texture to include 3% pthalo blue" thing?

While I completely agree, it's damned if they do/damned if they don't. If they don't say anything, say, for a month then suddenly it's "they don't communicate/they don't keep us informed." And that becomes bad PR.

I think they need to have their specific updates and then if it's just "we changed a rock" then they can send a more generic update just to assure those who require updates.

Kylerantweedledumb99
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo