Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardcore SotA supporter changes her mind

Looks like Alleine Dragonfyre has had a change of opinion about SotA.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/maevealleine/recommended/326160
AlleineDragonfyre

Comments

• HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited September 2019
    The word in the game is that Starr threatened to close her city PoT unless she took it down. Seems she caved to pressure and is back to playing.  
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hillt said:
    The word in the game is that Starr threatened to close her city PoT unless she took it down. Seems she caved to pressure and is back to playing.  
    Either that or she was just having a major temper tantrum.  This chick was on Massively a few months ago tearing people a new one and calling them all trolls for criticizing the game.  Then she decided to join the ranks of the lowly trolls and then flip-flopped back to the light side 48 hours later, no explanation.
    AlleineDragonfyre
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    It’s called being human. It happens. 
    ultimateduckWraithone
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited September 2019
    It happens that people have a bad day or vent their frustration, but it's another thing when you call people trolls on the forums and write critical reviews on Steam then go back and delete ll the posts and the review. That's just called nuts. Happens to patients of mine when they go back on their meds.   
    AlleineDragonfyre
    Hillt said:
    It happens that people have a bad day or vent their frustration, but it's another thing when you call people trolls on the forums and write critical reviews on Steam then go back and delete ll the posts and the review. That's just called nuts. Happens to patients of mine when they go back on their meds.   
    One of the most minor problems anyone could think of. She was obviously frustrated and vented. Why did she remove it? Who cares. 
    How do you know she was frustrated or venting? Her Steam review was well thought out, written well, and very comprehensive. It's removed from Steam but still available on the internet. 
    AlleineDragonfyre
    Hillt said:
    How do you know she was frustrated or venting? Her Steam review was well thought out, written well, and very comprehensive. It's removed from Steam but still available on the internet. 
    You don’t write stuff like that of you’re not. 
    AlleineDragonfyre
  • BetaTankBetaTank Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    edited September 2019
    Drama. And rumors from Hillt here. Low.

Edit: To be clear, the "word in game" was just the discredited reddit community speculating. They are not part of the Shroud community nor in game. They are trolls who relentlessly attack the game.

So someone (Hillt?) speculates it on reddit, then Hillt posts it here as an "the word in game"? 

Drama being dredged up and then straight out made up by reddit trolls, that is what this is.

And the persons second thoughts and deleted reviews? I'll speculate that it was the over 100 comments in reddit harassing her into the ground. Sometimes people just get tired of trolls, throw up their hands, delete it all and go do something else with their lives.

Trolls should consider doing it too. If you aren't in game playing, go away please. We don't need your drama.

Post edited by BetaTank on
    urinal_gooseultimateduck
    edited September 2019
    Awww look she is now on here. That's so cute...except when the drama comes from those in the game. When someone post some negative stuff on Steam and reddit then delete it all off that is DRAMA and CRAZY!! Too bad there is proof so should you try to defend the game again you will be shown your hilarity. 

AlleineDragonfyre
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    BetaTank said:

Edit: To be clear, the "word in game" was just the discredited reddit community speculating. They are not part of the Shroud community nor in game. They are trolls who relentlessly attack the game.

So someone (Hillt?) speculates it on reddit, then Hillt posts it here as an "the word in game"? 

Drama being dredged up and then straight out made up by reddit trolls, that is what this is.

And the persons second thoughts and deleted reviews? I'll speculate that it was the over 100 comments in reddit harassing her into the ground. Sometimes people just get tired of trolls, throw up their hands, delete it all and go do something else with their lives.

Trolls should consider doing it too. If you aren't in game playing, go away please. We don't need your drama.

Plenty of the redditors who participate in the SOTA and Raw subreddits are active players. You can't discredit what they say so you try to discredit them. Nice try.
  • BetaTankBetaTank Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    Clearly not.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Been removed from that site as well

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    This link still works for me. You've got to give it about 30 seconds for it to load though:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190902210002/https://steamcommunity.com/id/maevealleine/recommended/326160
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    This link still works for me. You've got to give it about 30 seconds for it to load though:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190902210002/https://steamcommunity.com/id/maevealleine/recommended/326160
    Got it to work this time,  thanks.

Was a well written post, shame she felt pressured to take it down.
    LeFantome

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I can tell you that she still plays, but RL stuff was going on that frustrated her.  She changed her mind after talking to a few people which is why she pulled it.    I have seen her online still late in the evenings.  It was a good read for sure.  It is also part of why Port has switched to a tick/tock dev cycle now because of what she pointed out.  Rather then new content every month they really need to stop and go back a few steps and start to work on the bugs which is what this and last month has mainly been about. 

The last patch R69 finally got me 50-60fps on a 2060gtx card.  My old 1070 ran it pretty good but only around 30-44fps.   

They have been creating a little bit of chaos with a bunch of math fixes and balance to classes. Which I completely understand as I have tested the classes out they nerfed.  It was warranted and long over due.  I think those upset will get over it, but understand why some get mad because they spent a lot of time beefing up things to become gods only to have that tuned down.

happens in a lot of games and glade to see things all starting to get fixed.  They made a big mistake with with UT scene which they never expected people to power level so fast which didnt give them the time frame to make the changes in a much longer drawn out, instead now they are reactive because people are in the 300+ stat ranges which they didnt think would happen for a year.  This right there is what broke some game mechanics allowing for ultra powerful pvp gods.

I look forward to the new stuff and Ep2.  everything good comes to those that wait :)
    Kylerangervaise1
  • AlleineDragonfyreAlleineDragonfyre Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Looks like Alleine Dragonfyre has had a change of opinion about SotA.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/maevealleine/recommended/326160
    Fan or not, I have always been outspoken about everything that I mention in that review. There is a link to one of my de-activated threads within the review as an example. People that know me were not surprised at all.

Hillt said:
    WTF? No. However, I was pressured to remove it by someone at Portalarium. Apparently I'm a high-profile player whose review holds more water than most. That's all I'll say but I can share it still doesn't sit well with me and I struggle with urges to re-post it. I feel it's unfair, honestly.
    Hillt said:
    Either that or she was just having a major temper tantrum.  This chick was on Massively a few months ago tearing people a new one and calling them all trolls for criticizing the game.  Then she decided to join the ranks of the lowly trolls and then flip-flopped back to the light side 48 hours later, no explanation.
    Actually, I did no such thing. Just removed the review. And I don't owe anyone, especially you, an explanation. I'm here because it amuses me and a friend tipped me off. The speculation is as hilarious as it is annoying.
    LeFantome said:
    It really is so well written, isn't it? What a shame that the videos don't show in-line. Underpants Gnomes definitely needs explanation. I have it backed up, and ready to go back live, should the goddess move me.

BetaTank said:

Actually, there are quite a few on that poohole of a forum on Reddit that do actually play, sadly. I know of one that's super active on the official forums and actually RUNS the subReddit. Again, super creepy guys. You guys can shell out tremendous amounts of abuse and personal attacks on Reddit but cannot handle it thrown back at you. Watch, you won't be able to now either. I'm waiting.

And yes it seems that I belong nowhere these days. I'm a pariah to the trolls and I'm no longer a an in-game favorite. Oh darn. But no, Reddit was not the reason. 

Hillt said:
    Awww look she is now on here. That's so cute...except when the drama comes from those in the game. When someone post some negative stuff on Steam and reddit then delete it all off that is DRAMA and CRAZY!! Too bad there is proof so should you try to defend the game again you will be shown your hilarity. 

What? There is plenty about the game that is defend-able. And there is plenty, as I've said in the review, that is not. 

I can tell you that she still plays, but RL stuff was going on that frustrated her.  She changed her mind after talking to a few people which is why she pulled it.    I have seen her online still late in the evenings.  It was a good read for sure.  It is also part of why Port has switched to a tick/tock dev cycle now because of what she pointed out.  Rather then new content every month they really need to stop and go back a few steps and start to work on the bugs which is what this and last month has mainly been about. 

The last patch R69 finally got me 50-60fps on a 2060gtx card.  My old 1070 ran it pretty good but only around 30-44fps.   

They have been creating a little bit of chaos with a bunch of math fixes and balance to classes. Which I completely understand as I have tested the classes out they nerfed.  It was warranted and long over due.  I think those upset will get over it, but understand why some get mad because they spent a lot of time beefing up things to become gods only to have that tuned down.

happens in a lot of games and glade to see things all starting to get fixed.  They made a big mistake with with UT scene which they never expected people to power level so fast which didnt give them the time frame to make the changes in a much longer drawn out, instead now they are reactive because people are in the 300+ stat ranges which they didnt think would happen for a year.  This right there is what broke some game mechanics allowing for ultra powerful pvp gods.

I look forward to the new stuff and Ep2.  everything good comes to those that wait :)

Um. I have RL stuff but the game really does have all the problems I discuss in the review. No one influenced my decision except Portalarium. It definitely wasn't Reddit trolls or other players, however.

Hope that clears the air a bit. And, like I said in the review, I still play, but I'm not the cheerleader I once was. Nor do I spend more than the two subscriptions I have for my twin characters. 

DracSchniderXee2018Kylerangervaise1[Deleted User]kenguru23
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars!
    Broadcasting in the Metaverse
    ... snip ...

I enjoyed your post on Steam a lot mostly, if I'm being honest, because it reinforced my own dim view of KS MMOs that are developed with an over-abundance of tiers that creates IMO, a really shitty starting state for the games with such a huge disparity between backer whales and any new player. It makes it almost pointless to play the games unless you are one of the original whales.

It's a fatal flaw they all have unless they show some restraint with exactly what backing at those higher tier gives you.

Starting to play a new MMO is a bit like starting a race and everyone should be more or less equal on launch day. Advantages and prestige should come from playing the game with more passion and skill than others, not because you opened your wallet and pre-bought those advantages.

I'm just an old-fashioned MMO player and this is something about SotA and most other KS MMO projects that really annoys the shit out of me.
    Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    :) Iselin I do agree on release they should have at least done a level wipe and bank everything people had imo, but they didnt which did give a little bit of an unfair as far as levels go.  Some still think housing locations were very important.  perhaps for the first few months, but these days Its all about the player towns for markets for the top sales.   

As to KS games, I think that these games probably would never have existed if it wasn't for the people that backed them.  I think it was the player funding that allowed the people with the idea to make it without requiring a massive budget or to be in bed with a publisher or gaming co.

@Alliene Still remember the day you and Hubby started in Isle of Xee :smile:  Was fun times.
    edited September 2019
    Xee2018 said:
    :) Iselin I do agree on release they should have at least done a level wipe and bank everything people had imo, but they didnt which did give a little bit of an unfair as far as levels go.  Some still think housing locations were very important.  perhaps for the first few months, but these days Its all about the player towns for markets for the top sales.   

As to KS games, I think that these games probably would never have existed if it wasn't for the people that backed them.  I think it was the player funding that allowed the people with the idea to make it without requiring a massive budget or to be in bed with a publisher or gaming co.

@Alliene Still remember the day you and Hubby started in Isle of Xee :smile:  Was fun times.
    I get how KS games get funded but some, very few, do show restraint with what the higher tier donors get as thanks for their donations. Camelot Unchained in particular is all about extra copies of the game, extra game time or even lifetime subs at the highest tiers. Other games give you things like NPCs or towns named after you, ability to design a quest, ettc. There are lots of things that can be provided as rewards without them affecting the game start state.

It just boggles my mind that most crowdfunded games do essentially give out P2W advantages seemingly oblivious to the harm that does to their ability to attract new blood post-launch. They then try to sell the fiction that those advantages aren't all that advantageous. Star Citizen and Chronicles of Elyria are two good examples of that horseshit in action. One selling uber ships and the other one kingships, dukedoms, etc.
    AlleineDragonfyre

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlleineDragonfyreAlleineDragonfyre Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Iselin said:
    Xee2018 said:

I get how KS games get funded but some, very few, do show restraint with what the higher tier donors get as thanks for their donations. Camelot Unchained in particular is all about extra copies of the game, extra game time or even lifetime subs at the highest tiers. Other games give you things like NPCs or towns named after you, ability to design a quest, ettc. There are lots of things that can be provided as rewards without them affecting the game start state.

It just boggles my mind that most crowdfunded games do essentially give out P2W advantages seemingly oblivious to the harm that does to their ability to attract new blood post-launch. They then try to sell the fiction that those advantages aren't all that advantageous. Star Citizen and Chronicles of Elyria are two good examples of that horseshit in action. One selling uber ships and the other one kingships, dukedoms, etc.
    There definitely has been absolutely no restraint from Portalarium in their funding. There was talk in the beginning from the entire community (both backers and developers) about MMO investing and that virtual space now has real-life value.

Here's the thing though: Games first and inherent quality is that they are assumed fair to all players. If players feel the game is tipped in other players favor, they're not going to play. Period.

So, in this case you cannot have it all. Either its a game or a virtual homestead and not a game. If that is the case Portalarium should stop calling it a game and call it a virtual home to hang out in and show off your stuff. Because, honestly, that's really all anyone does anyway.

Recently someone told me they spent $17,000 on the game like it was nothing. And people wonder why no one plays it.
    KyleranIselingervaise1[Deleted User]
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars!
    Broadcasting in the Metaverse
    edited September 2019

And yes it seems that I belong nowhere these days. I'm a pariah to the trolls and I'm no longer a an in-game favorite. Oh darn. But no, Reddit was not the reason. 

Hope that clears the air a bit. And, like I said in the review, I still play, but I'm not the cheerleader I once was. Nor do I spend more than the two subscriptions I have for my twin characters.

Welcome to the forums, another white tag pulled, keep coming back!  :)

Some of us here who live under the bridge always welcome new members and have no issues if they have opposing views, as long as they can take as good as they give, and always remember, it isn't personal.

If no one else wants you, no worries, you can always come here and tell us we're wrong, we'll be happy to disagree with you, no matter what the actual point may be.

I appreciated the candor in both of your posts that I read (including the one on Steam) and realize people can have a change of heart, without insisting they totally come over to the dark side.  (yet) 

>:)

OGDeathRow[Deleted User]

edited September 2019
    @AlleineDragonfyre while the rumors in game of you being pressured by Port was true, it was the threat of your PoT that was wrong.  Just know that your post on Steam was actually liked by more people then those who disliked it. Everyone agreed with your review yet you took it down because of pressure from the developers and you still play their game. 

And as Kyleran said above "Some of us here who live under the bridge always welcome new members and have no issues if they have opposing views, as long as they can take as good as they give, and always remember, it isn't personal."

Also, if you believe what you wrote is true about the game why did you agree to take it down? Couldn't you have told them that once you see positive improvement in the game from your prospective you will/can go back and revise your review? That's what you did this time, was to revise an earlier review you posted or did you create a new review somehow?    
    Post edited by Hillt on
    Kylerantweedledumb99
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hillt said:
    Everyone agreed with your review yet you took it down because of pressure from the developers and you still play their game. 

That's what blows my mind.  Having your eyes wide open to how shady the developers are and yet still being willing to play their game.  Maybe it's an ego thing, as in:  Well, I don't like how they treat other people and me, but at least I'm important enough to them that they care what I say, so I'll keep playing.

Hillt