Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Kickstarterversary is here!

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
edited September 2019 in Chronicles of Elyria
It's late, so no time to go into great detail, but is it any surprise a couple of items being offered for sale to bloodline backers and above clearly tread the line of being P2W? (Go big or go home)

Edit....Uff...well it was late,  the below are rewards given for meeting stretch goals, the prefacing text is:

"If total sales reach the indicated amount next to each reward during the Kickstarter-versary celebration, those items will either be unlocked in the store, introduced to the game, or added as a freebie to your inventory. Rewards are only given to those with paid-off pledge packages by the end of the celebration period."
  • $200k - Marked Account - Anyone that has a pledge package by the end of the event will receive the "Marked" tag on their account. Marked accounts have an elevated chance of receiving a talent whenever creating a character until a talent is discovered. Note: This item will be awarded to Bloodline+ pledge package holders, only.
  • $240k - Ao's Coin - Once, these small metal tokens with a hole through their centers were worn by most of the Qindred faithful but they are a relatively rare sight to be seen hanging from a bracelet or necklace today. The old beliefs taught that each token represented AO's grace, and protected the life of the wearer. Cast in silver and rimmed in copper, it's believed this offering can be used once to buy your way back from true death. Note: This item will be awarded to Bloodline+ pledge package holders.
More fun can be found here 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/33170/were-celebrating-our-kickstarterversary

Those here under the bridge are not surprised.

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Post edited by Kyleran on
Shaigh[Deleted User]

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    That domain contest is a pretty nice kick to the balls for all the people that were supposed to get a land claim, but only got a kick in the balls
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    I haven't seen enough to consider backing yet. The premise of the game looks very promising. Like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall, I'm going to assume they're quite far away from launch.
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    edited September 2019
    "Welcome to the fourms. This is the only game I would call the real vaporware. They show no progress, the devs get mad when asked simple questions, they have debacle after debacle, and the PA footage they showed looked nothing like the concept.

Thank you. I'll check out these videos right away. I had no idea about the developers since I never backed the project and lost track of it.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The best part about dumpster fires is being unable to avert your eyes due to how gloriously they can burn.
    Mendel[Deleted User]Xarko
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited September 2019
    I think @Kyleran has either been mistaken or mistyped.

That's the "stretch goals"

If they reach those amounts during the next month then everyone with those levels of backing gets the reward.

For those with bloodline or above the best thing to "donate" to get is the tournament package.
    You get, for $10, a tournament token and 150 EP.
    The EP is normally $10 for 100ep. The token is an entry into a raffle to see if the first tournament to be held at your town.

Or you can sell them for more EP on the unofficial marketplace.

*Note* all items are digital for a game that may never be released. All money is a donation and is non-refundable. (even your "buying" a particular item)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited September 2019
    AnOldFart said:

If they reach those amounts during the next month then everyone with those levels of backing gets the reward.

For those with bloodline or above the best thing to "donate" to get is the tournament package.
    The EP is normally $10 for 100ep. The token is an entry into a raffle to see if the first tournament to be held at your town.

*Note* all items are digital for a game that may never be released. All money is a donation and is non-refundable. (even your "buying" a particular item)
    Well no, I quoted their prose verbatim but I did overlook / omit a key paragraph about these being overall campaign stretch goals, but thanks to your keen eye I've now corrected it in the OP.

Both items say they will be "awarded" at the end of the campaign.  The talent perk seems like an unfair advantage if only awarded to backers during this event and is a permanent account level perk.

The Ao coin is no big deal if awarded once during this event, is  consumed upon use and is never to be seen again or introduced in the game, but if it shows up in the store for sale it defintely falls into P2W territory.

In the FAQ post it does appear to be of limited value as a characters health remains the same (Basically it does not reverse or halt aging) but I can't recall if true death comes only from aging or if being PKd helps that process along.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    Their forums look pretty.

Yep, probably from all of the white light shining from the Ivory Tower.

We under the bridge abhor such, preferring blessed darkness of course.

[Deleted User]

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

Well no, I quoted their prose verbatim but I did overlook / omit a key paragraph about these being overall campaign stretch goals, but thanks to your keen eye I've now corrected it in the OP.

Both items say they will be "awarded" at the end of the campaign.  The talent perk seems like an unfair advantage if only awarded to backers during this event and is a permanent account level perk.

The Ao coin is no big deal if awarded once during this event, is  consumed upon use and is never to be seen again or introduced in the game, but if it shows up in the store for sale it defintely falls into P2W territory.

In the FAQ post it does appear to be of limited value as a characters health remains the same (Basically it does not reverse or halt aging) but I can't recall if true death comes only from aging or if being PKd helps that process along.
    Don't forget the stuff for sale like "Monster Hunter kit", "Battlecats" and even buy your own Arena for real money... and don't forget kids, this is only Week 1 of their sale :)

And as for the coin.  You really think it's no big deal?  So I go and kill King Detherus... and he pops out his trusty coin and gets to come back to life as a healthy monarch...

Ehhh...  so much wrong with this game.  People were so afraid of the boogyman publisher that they let Caspien talk them into funding what IMHO is the most over the top P2W setup I have ever seen.  And they have done so to the tune of almost 7,000,000 to date with much more to come.  

And seriously... the game was supposed to launch Dec 2017.  Should they really be celebrating the amount of time they have missed that date by?  They arent released, they aren't in 3 month no-wipe headstart for high backers, they aren't in beta 2, they aren't in beta 1, they aren't in alpha 2, they aren't in even alpha 1...  and they are having a sale to CELEBRATE that?

W... T... F...

SpottyGekko[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

I agree it's bang out of order, if I could give the souls pack away, I would. I hate p2w and what this game has become.
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

Don't forget the stuff for sale like "Monster Hunter kit", "Battlecats" and even buy your own Arena for real money... and don't forget kids, this is only Week 1 of their sale :)

And as for the coin.  You really think it's no big deal?  So I go and kill King Detherus... and he pops out his trusty coin and gets to come back to life as a healthy monarch...

Ehhh...  so much wrong with this game.  People were so afraid of the boogyman publisher that they let Caspien talk them into funding what IMHO is the most over the top P2W setup I have ever seen.  And they have done so to the tune of almost 7,000,000 to date with much more to come.  

And seriously... the game was supposed to launch Dec 2017.  Should they really be celebrating the amount of time they have missed that date by?  They arent released, they aren't in 3 month no-wipe headstart for high backers, they aren't in beta 2, they aren't in beta 1, they aren't in alpha 2, they aren't in even alpha 1...  and they are having a sale to CELEBRATE that?

W... T... F...

That's nothing, the real elephant in the room is the fact that Summer is coming to an end in ~2 weeks, you know exactly what that means...the last state of Elyria Caspian stated "Pre-elyria should take until end of summer to be done"....I just can't wait to hear his excuse why Pre-Elyria is being pushed into 2020, utter shit show.
    Kylerankenguru23[Deleted User]
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

W... T... F...

That's nothing, the real elephant in the room is the fact that Summer is coming to an end in ~2 weeks, you know exactly what that means...the last state of Elyria Caspian stated "Pre-elyria should take until end of summer to be done"....I just can't wait to hear his excuse why Pre-Elyria is being pushed into 2020, utter shit show.

Isn't he just gonna blame his team, as usual ?
    Slapshot1188Kylerankenguru23[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

W... T... F...

My guess is that he ignores it for as long as possible (no word from him in 10 days...) and when there is a response it will be around how they changed priorities and focused on delivering such incredible maps in DSS.

AnOldFartkenguru23

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

W... T... F...

My guess is that he ignores it for as long as possible (no word from him in 10 days...) and when there is a response it will be around how they changed priorities and focused on delivering such incredible maps in DSS.

Caspian is smart, he will make sure to conclude the KS anny sale and the 45 day reverse auction, once the coffers are refilled he will share the delay news, no one in the studio cares as long as the paycheck comes...KS anny along with the reverse auction should give them another 12 months of development time...then they can come up with the new excuse.
    Slapshot1188KyleranAnOldFartkenguru23[Deleted User]Hashbrick
  • DerryFHDerryFH Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited September 2019
    But, but surely SBS is doing the good job, right? People trust them, are happy with progress and spend every last penny to support the best dev studio of the decade.

amIright?

There is no other explanation other than mass lunacy or cult to throw that kind of money after seing the unimpressive DSS maps

funding as of now - $6,979,332, a massive increase from 30-Aug-  $6,485,225 (data thanks to StaalBurgher)

WTF is going on? At this speed and with the auction incoming SBS might pull 1- 1.5M from the community

edited September 2019
    Would you believe they've already received $26.8K against the $40K end goal?

Sale only just started on Monday afternoon.

Kyleran said:

That's towards the next 40k gold.

They have already passed the first 3 targets.

So since the sale started they have raised 149k...
    Kyleran
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

I find it amazing that people are still willing to throw down money on a project that has failed to show any solid progress.   As long as all money goes into the games development do all the sales you can to keep development going. I'm not going to feel sorry for those people when the project fail because they knew exactly what they were paying for.

MendelAnOldFart[Deleted User]
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

Even more amazing, thanks for the correction, I expect the reverse land auction to be an even bigger success.
    AnOldFart

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Shaigh said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

I find it amazing that people are still willing to throw down money on a project that has failed to show any solid progress.   As long as all money goes into the games development do all the sales you can to keep development going. I'm not going to feel sorry for those people when the project fail because they knew exactly what they were paying for.

At this point, even P.T. Barnum would probably would have to say "Wow.  Just wow."

Kyleran[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

Even more amazing, thanks for the correction, I expect the reverse land auction to be an even bigger success.
    Only problem is, it's going to be the same spenders buying additional titles on alts...
    KyleranSlapshot1188
    edited September 2019
    $387,000 dollars and only 1 week into the Kickstarterversary...
    And this doesn't include the money from DSS titles.

Still got the reverse auction to come too

Who said you couldn't squeeze blood from a stone...
    Kyleran
    AnOldFart said:

After SC it's the 2nd most facinating crowd funding effort, managing to continue bringing in money despite showing so little actual progress. 
    AnOldFart[Deleted User]mklinicklash2def

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

After SC it's the 2nd most facinating crowd funding effort, managing to continue bringing in money despite showing so little actual progress. 
    I keep seeing stuff I'm tempted by, I sometimes put it into the cart...
    Then I come to my senses and close the window down
    Kyleran
    edited September 2019
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

I keep seeing stuff I'm tempted by, I sometimes put it into the cart...
    Then I come to my senses and close the window down
    Another gamer's wallet saved,  I love this  job.

Those living under the bridge can't help all gamers, but are well satisfied saving the few, or even the one.

tweedledumb99[Deleted User]AnOldFart

I have just found out that people have bought the cardinal bee sets for a marked up price of $200 worth of ep since they were removed from the store.

Now they are back for $30

???