Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haw are you playing Classic.. What's your plan ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Best part of Vanilla is its diversity.  You can do whatever you want !
You can have a unique game play personally.

Please tell us your stories, strategies and mindset...... Give details !
I'm sure I'm not alone by saying I love others plans and how they think.  I'm also looking for new ideas, your never to old to learn new strategies :) 

Long story short I have a Rogue level 20 on a packed solid emulator.  I've been playing Vanilla from the games launch and know most every nook and cranny of the world except I don't raid.  I love Rogues Warlocks Priest and Hunters.  I hate Druids Shamans.  I find Mage and Paladins boring..... Contradicting myself, It's been so long, I'm open to play them anyway someday down the road. 

I re acquired my level 15 Rogue a few days ago and leveled to 20.  To pull off my strategy of getting to know everyone on my packed server, I'll have to commit to playing for a long time because I often suffer from WoW burnout. 

Since I seem to be enjoying myself, I'll find the largest Guild today and take a major leap by spamming others my level and offer help in what ever their doing…. For me this is the best way to be popular, using actions not words.  No better feeling than being wanted. I'm tickled pink when I get nice greetings at log in's with /tells……. At the same time I'll take the time watching rolling chat and look for interesting events happening at my level such as the hard duo and group quest.  Maybe generate new friends by hanging around such places.  Dungeons ?.... That’s never been a problem filling groups extremely fast.  I've wrote several how to post on that subject, I'll leave that out. 

Leveling speed?

I'll try and break a slow record…. Slowest ever, I never cared about speed, but I do like the abilities that come with it.  With being slow, it allows me to ponder new strategies.  

At level 22 I'll be getting "Distract" and "Vanish" at the same time I'll activate my Tissle tea recipe for restoring my energy bar, but first my cooking will have to be at 60.  I hate cooking !.......At level 22 I'll be playing completely different.  I'll be so much stronger because of "strategy" with  abilities being the key, not strength !..... With this I can solo to a crazy high levels and getting into scary messes.  I can pull off many PvP tricks on others too.  Better yet when I can sap without leaving stealth.  This is for kicking around two players at once.  Sap and vanish you can drive people insane ! 

Hemorrhage, Bleed, and applying poisons..... Then Vanish = fun :)  

I'm playing "Subtlety talents ".  Sure, Combat Rogues are arguably the strongest in the game.  But I like fun.  Only problem is grouping Subtlety is not viable for groups, raw damage is not there…. Sorry… I have to draw the line between fun and maximum potential, I pick fun.  

All else,

I have a soft spot for Alliance.  I like Elf's too.  I love Stormwind and Ironforge, and hate Orgrimmar and Thunder bluff and anything Tauren seems cheap and an afterthought.  But I do like The Crossroads, something soothing about that zone. Undead is Ok.  

I bounce from level appropriate zones a lot.  I think you have too or quest dry up or become too hard. Running dungeons several times are great for leveling and missed loot.  But this time around one time each is fine…. But I'm insisting on not missing any.  

Again, I control the action in finding people.  I'm good at it.  People seem responsive to all my ideas.  I think because MOST don't know how…. Relying on Guilds or chat are the worst, it severely limits the potential…. Yet, people insist it's the best and find them self's playing alone or blame the game !  

I'll stop here… You get the picture…. Today is join a guild day, and begin my extreme social plan ok getting to know everyone :) 

Tell us your thoughts !! 

How do you play ? 

Whats your Plan ?

BruceYeeelocke

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Got my Rogue from 20>22. 

Joined a large guild with a steady 60 to 66 people on in the last few hours, chat seems mature with all their questions, not childish.  Not sure if it's the largest, I just noticed the name a lot in Stormwind. 

I had to advance my cooking to level 60 to make Rogue Thistle tea.  I'm not usually into cooking but it was needed, and I was killing the wrong wolves in Duskwood and had to go back to Westfall, but no big deal.  At least I got my Recipe working :) 

Then back to Stormwind where I got my Vanish and Distract and crafted more poisons...... Now I'm really set for tonight. 
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Got to level 24, became bored to death, same reason I never played in much the first time around and now I guess my plan is to uninstall..
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited September 2019
    IDK I don't play WOW

Viper482
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

People on my server are getting better at using the tools given to fill groups. People are using the social panel for searching players and seems rolling chat is void of LFG's. Thank God finally, I don't have to see someone spamming the chat for an hour straight of "LFM Scarlet Monastery" that never yields nothing.

I'm getting invites all the time for groups and I'm a Rogue.  Usually that’s only people desprite for Tanks will do that.  

Over the weekend I got an invite for The Stockades at level 22, it seemed I was too low, but the group insisted I come anyway and I surprisingly did ok.  The tank was a little weak on strategy and was running too fast and got us killed a few times and was blaming the Priest as usual.  If I recall the best strategy for the last boss is to clear the side rooms first because everyone gets feared constantly and you end up fighting everything including the boss.  Infact it's best to drag each individual room way back to the hallway.  After a few attempts we finally did that….. Seems people still lack the given strategy for each dungeon because each one has a given strategy to make things easy. 

Last night at level 23 I decided to do a few quest I had in my log inside Dead Mines, but outside the instance.  I thought I could solo it with my Rogue stealth but didn't realize all in the area were elate 19's. On my way out two more likeminded players showed up and we triple teamed the quest, so it worked out good.   

Right now my weapons are weak, and I'm periodically watching the auction house for better ones, but tonight I'll run Shadowfang…. Hopefully I'll get what I need.

BruceYee
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Just leveling alts & crafting at a very slow pace.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Long story short I have a Rogue level 20 on a packed solid emulator. 
    Wut? With official Classic servers open you are "waxing eloquent" about how great the player experience is on a pirate server?  

What's wrong with this picture?

>:) 
    Amathe[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    edited September 2019
    I felt like I had to force myself to play until I found a good group to play with.

So my plan is to play with friends.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    "Haw", you mean "How".

Size of guild only matters to an extent. Any with 30ish active players (depending on the game) is doing fine. Good to see you have joined a guild always makes MMOs twice the game they are solo. :)
    edited September 2019
    My rogue just turned 28 right now. 
    The weekend was eventful.  My guild ran constant dungeons at all levels, i don't think I've ever belonged to such a large guild before easily 60 or more people on all the time. 

But it also seems EVERYONE is extremely knowledgeable of Vanilla on this emulator.  This has several good points to it.  Mostly no one is in competition, extremely mature and everyone is advanced in dungeon running (well almost). Questing.....At least one person is around any given area to help with the harder ones... That's unbelievable, I got help, gave help and guild chat is amazing with everyone helping each other..... This is truly a first in all aspects !!

Around 24 or so we ran Redridge Keep elite quest, our group of five, teamed up with another group of five and worked together waiting for respawns. The communication between both groups was nice.  

I was able to run Stockades again, Shadowfang twice and Blackfathoms.  I forgot how long Blackfathoms was, we were in their for easily two hours if not longer and only died once.  We chatted between fights and being underground like that I lost track of RL.  Soon I'll be running Scarlet..... Constant groups forming for it, I wanted to go so bad.... I guess next weekend, don't have much time on week days.

Right now the granddaughter need some attention.  I was not any help to anyone is real life for the last few days. 
    Kyleran
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Raidlogging, playing EQ with the same folks.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Flagged 

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon