Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Details WoW Party Sync - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Details WoW Party Sync - MMORPG.com

Party Sync for WoW was detailed by Blizzard today on their blog, outlining several items.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm amazed they're just now adding this. A definite advantage over FFXIV where if you're not in lock-step with your partner in terms of questing just forget it.
    [Deleted User]
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited September 2019
    They should prob. add this to Classic too. It's indeed a nice feature, akin to Level Sync in FFXI plus the bonuses of helping in quests.
    [Deleted User]GamePlay4UAlvonuDerryFH
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    FFXIV is story driven and that is the reason for what you are complaining about and I would say don't expect it to really change.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

LrdEtrius said:

They should prob. add this to Classic too. It's indeed a nice feature, akin to Level Sync in FFXI plus the bonuses of helping in quests.

yea, but then, that's not classic, is it?
    GamePlay4UAlvonuKalafax

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

Thane said:

LrdEtrius said:

It would be classic... It wouldn't be Vanilla though ;)
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Tofke said:

Thane said:

LrdEtrius said:

sorry, but.... no. would not be classic. that actually was no question, my bad using the question mark.

you wanted classic, now seriously.... enjoy classic, and stop asking for shit that classic didn't have.
    HiromantcheebaGamePlay4UAlvonu

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Thane said:

Tofke said:

Thane said:

LrdEtrius said:

sorry, but.... no. would not be classic. that actually was no question, my bad using the question mark.

you wanted classic, now seriously.... enjoy classic, and stop asking for shit that classic didn't have.

I think it's funny you think it's going to remain 100% untouched. Btw, it's already not classic with some of the updates/features in it. Guess you're just screwed.

Jamar870 said:

FFXIV is story driven and that is the reason for what you are complaining about and I would say don't expect it to really change.

*yawn*

This is FFXIV fanboi 101. It's a lame, tired excuse for not having features that make sense.
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39

Thane said:

Tofke said:

Thane said:

LrdEtrius said:

First of all Classic is not Vanilla already - they did not keep to "no change" promise and tweaked several important things, including, but not limited to mob damage and resistances, that already changed the gameplay and this is obvious (spellcleave nonsense going on at its full).

And this is bad because they justify unwillingness to improve things that really could be improved and make game better, but change things that make game more dumb and don't see any problem in that. As I said many times in many places - Blizzard just lost the vision which original WoW was built upon and crossed that point of no-return long time ago. It would be great to play WoW in its original gameplay and with its original philosophy and vision applied to the further expansions - I would gladly play modern expansions with classes that are still unique, dungeons where trash packs need to be CCed, and not just AoE blazed through, where it takes teamwork and real tactics to get through and not just the race who'll mash more buttons per second. I would love to go through modern WoW locations and meet other players doing things in open world, not only in instances where all port through LFG. I would love to gather resources, craft things and trade with other players if these resources and crafted items would be worth something... But Blizzards have one answer to all these things: "Don't you like MOBA's guys?" :-) at least it seems to me that it's all they wanted and seek in retail WoW - to transform it into yet one more MOBA and don't give a dam about returning to MMORPG roots that made original game great.

Therefore don't use that dumb "you wanted classic - you got classic" - we did not get it as there's noone in Blizzard left to give it - they just fired those who knew what it is and how it should be. If there would be original creators of the game and someone would have listened to them, retail WoW would have never become the trash it is and there would have not been need for Classic in the first place.
    deniterRobbgobb
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Jamar870 said:

*yawn*

This is FFXIV fanboi 101. It's a lame, tired excuse for not having features that make sense.
    *yawn*

Hater 101 - hating on a game even on a thread that has nothing to do with the game.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Eh, the problem lies with that every quest uses a different mechanics (killing enemies vs. looting them vs. looting from enviroment; quest progress for the whole party, items stays, or even when playing party you "steal" the item from the other party members).

Compared to other developers. Blizzard hat essentially unlimited manpower, money and time to fix this, but couldn't be bothered to make playing the story together in an MMORPG (so what should be a multiplayer story experience) enjoyable.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore