Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Have A

2»

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Game isn't going to be 40 hours just for midgard. It will be no more than 20, maybe 25 if you are a completionist. Paying 60 dollars for half a game (at best) that was harder to make back in the 90s is just a dumb move. And they aren't just doing it for money. SE is incompetent. They are simply unable to deliver the full game in a time they think will capitalize on it the best.  They are used to plopping out poop like ff13-2.
    [Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Arterius said:
    adam_nox said:
    Game isn't going to be 40 hours just for midgard. It will be no more than 20, maybe 25 if you are a completionist. Paying 60 dollars for half a game (at best) that was harder to make back in the 90s is just a dumb move. And they aren't just doing it for money. SE is incompetent. They are simply unable to deliver the full game in a time they think will capitalize on it the best.  They are used to plopping out poop like ff13-2.
    I guess it depends on what they mean by as long as a full RPG. I would guess 40+ hours easily. Def since the game is so long it needs to be on two discs. I guess there RPG's that are only 20 hours long though
    I learned long ago that that quality and length of a game are not related. Its all about pacing and some of my favourite games are quite short and would have suffered had they been longer (Undertale, Asura’s Wrath, Hellblade etc.)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    moshra
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2019
    adam_nox said:
    Well, we already know they're expanding it with... er, stuff from the later parts of the game apparently.  Rude and Heideggar never came into contact with the heros in Midgar in the original FFVII yet they're doing so here (Rude isn't even introduced until a bit later after Midgar).  Heck, you didn't even get ANY summons until after Midgar in the original.

.....which I suppose ties back to me thinking the bigger worry being what the heck will the next episodes use when everything was shoved into Midgar.

Although I do admit that expanding Midgar to 40 hours would take more than what we've seen so far.  At that point they might have to dip into shoving expanded universe material in there.  Well, they're already putting in at least one named SOLDIER character so I wouldn't be surprised if they took this opportunity to resolve some of the open ends from Before Crisis too.  ......which would mean shoving in Zack references and flashbacks there too.  Do that and toss in a whole bunch of Deep Ground SOLDIERS and Before Crisis shenanigans and maybe have old-school AVALANCHE return etc and I could see the Midgar arc expanding to 40 hours.  If that wasn't enough to reach 40 hours, I wouldn't be too surprised if they shoehorned Yuffie and Vincent into there somehow (especially since without them, there's only going to be 5 playable characters... assuming Red XIII becomes playable midway into the game instead of at the very end)

And then at that point they might as well indefinately delay the next game in the series because heck if I know what's left for that by that point.  Though I guess the WEAPONs in the third game will be epic at least.
    [Deleted User]
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932

Albatroes said:

Asch126 said:

I will continue to think this episodic game will not go as well as people think it will.

It'll go well for SE seeing as they are charging full game price for each episode, because "each episode will be a full gaming experience."

It is a full game experience, over 40 hours gameplay.
    edited September 2019
    Oh yea, they might put in cut content from FFVII to expand it too.  Originally Red XIII was going to have some "brothers" (fellow experiences) like Indigo XII, etc.  There apparently was a lot they wanted to put into FFVII that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Of course, in that same scrapped storyline idea, you actually kill Hojo in the Midgar arc too.  I imagine they probably won't have that part in etc (unless they REALLY want nothing for the later episodes, lol. Then again, it's not like Hojo doesn't know how to come back from the dead)
    Phry
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    If you don't like the franchise or the company who makes it why would you come to this thread just to spew negativity at folks who are excited for the game?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    THANK GOD!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Looking forward to the FFVII remake, but i will wait for the PC version, i have a PS4 but its gathering dust and honestly, i would rather not give Sony any of my money, besides which Console versions of games are inevitably inferior and i would rather wait than spoil the experience. :/
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    it is either a turn by turn JRPG or an action rpg

it can't be both, many tried, many failed, you can't balance your game for both at the same time

this choice makes me wonder if they know what is the game they are working on
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2019
    Scellow said:
    it is either a turn by turn JRPG or an action rpg

it can't be both, many tried, many failed, you can't balance your game for both at the same time

this choice makes me wonder if they know what is the game they are working on
    Eh, it's basically just an action RPG with global cooldowns/super-bars (and menus when using skills with cooldowns/super-bars)
    [Deleted User]
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Super excited. Lot of hate about the episode system but I don't get it. People like to joke its going to be 6 episodes long but 3 sounds good to me. I mean a Final Fantasy 7 Trilogy just sounds to go when the eventual complete collection comes out.

Plus, with all these fantastic remasters or remakes coming out in the last few years I more then looking forward to diving into this game. It may help that I have never played FF7 before in my life and that the only spoiler i know is that a certain someone dies.

I think people are not understanding that each episode is literally the size of an entire game. SE is putting insane work into this project and deserves $60 per episode. This isn't an HD remaster. This is a fan service to one of the most popular games in one of the most popular franchises of all time.

Yeah I never really played FF7 except for much later when it came to PC as I didn't own a PS console until recently. I don't think I ever finished Midgarde.

I am excited about classic mode just because I know how much of a mess the active combat system was in FF 15! It looks like the 7 remake is a bit better though, so we'll see.

Actually, given how much of a mess 15 was (in general) I'm happy to have a few years of the 7 trilogy remake! Or 5-10 years however long it takes to finish it out.

alkarionlog
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Remali said:
    Pls bring it to the pc..
    I don't want to buy a ps4 just for one game... but I might just do it
    ff7 do ahve for PC and square-enix are doing a lot of games for pc too, so chances are they will have a pc launch

btw call me when they launched the game in full, before that don't deserve my time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Like I said earlier I am not a huge FF7 fan, but it certainly takes forever to get out of the first city.  That's usually where I get bored and stop playing.  I'm not sure how many hours it takes, but it seems like an average modern game length of time.  I guess how frequent and time consuming combat is will be a big factor too.