Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Have A

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy VII Remake Will Have A

When the Final Fantasy VII Remake combat was debuted a few months back, many players were excited, but some purists wondered how it would work without the traditional turn-based combat. Well, according to the team at the Tokyo Game Show, ATB Gauges are making their way back into Midgar.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I will continue to think this episodic game will not go as well as people think it will.
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidRoinScellow
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Asch126 said:

I will continue to think this episodic game will not go as well as people think it will.

It'll go well for SE seeing as they are charging full game price for each episode, because "each episode will be a full gaming experience."
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Arterius said:

Super excited. Lot of hate about the episode system but I don't get it. People like to joke its going to be 6 episodes long but 3 sounds good to me. I mean a Final Fantasy 7 Trilogy just sounds to go when the eventual complete collection comes out.

Plus, with all these fantastic remasters or remakes coming out in the last few years I more then looking forward to diving into this game. It may help that I have never played FF7 before in my life and that the only spoiler i know is that a certain someone dies.

I think people are not understanding that each episode is literally the size of an entire game. SE is putting insane work into this project and deserves $60 per episode. This isn't an HD remaster. This is a fan service to one of the most popular games in one of the most popular franchises of all time.
    Hatefulldrkmgicadam_noxcheebainfomatzBadSpockalkarionlogVezlin
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I love every article these days whats including classic word.

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Super excited. Lot of hate about the episode system but I don't get it. People like to joke its going to be 6 episodes long but 3 sounds good to me. I mean a Final Fantasy 7 Trilogy just sounds to go when the eventual complete collection comes out.

Plus, with all these fantastic remasters or remakes coming out in the last few years I more then looking forward to diving into this game. It may help that I have never played FF7 before in my life and that the only spoiler i know is that a certain someone dies.

I think people are not understanding that each episode is literally the size of an entire game. SE is putting insane work into this project and deserves $60 per episode. This isn't an HD remaster. This is a fan service to one of the most popular games in one of the most popular franchises of all time.

This is the kind of thinking companies like SE hope to bank on.

This is fine for someone who never played 7 before, but I'd hope others who actually played the original really see what is going on here. End of the day, it is your money, so hopefully you feel like you get what you pay for.
    RoinDakeru
    Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

This is fine for someone who never played 7 before, but I'd hope others who actually played the original really see what is going on here. End of the day, it is your money, so hopefully you feel like you get what you pay for.
    Not everything is a corporate conspiracy man. Sometimes people make games for their customers without trying to scam them.
    [Deleted User]Hatefullinfomatz
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400

Utinni said:

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Not everything is a corporate conspiracy man. Sometimes people make games for their customers without trying to scam them.

It seems some people would rather have nothing if it doesn't work out the way they want it to.

I for one can't wait. I would gladly take 3 episodes of my favorite game redone completely over a remastered version.
    Hatefull
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Thank you SE for this!!!! , omg im so happy now ^^
    Hatefullinfomatz

Arterius said:

Utinni said:

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

I agree with you but in this day and age its hard to tell which one is which. We will know if it was a scam when the game comes out and see what kind of quality it actually is.

If it was a western developer I'd be more concerned. Japanese developers usually have some dignity.
    HatefullAlbatroescheebainfomatz
  • VagabondoVagabondo Member UncommonPosts: 68
    One of the greatest games of all time.

I hope it gets the respect it deserves, with this remake.
    Hatefull
  • EvilGamingEvilGaming Member UncommonPosts: 24
    so only on ps4? i mean it would sell hella good on pc
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Has it ben confirmed it is 3 episodes, or is that just people guessing? I wasn't a huge fan of FF7 as I prefer real rpgs where I create a story and not movies with a little gameplay in-between scenes, but it seems we are entering into a new rpg drought like we had between 04 and 14 so beggars can't be choosers and I'll definitely be getting at least the first one (as long as it comes out for the PC).
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited September 2019
    I'm on the fence. This is my first ps1 rpg and first ff game. Since I beat it, I knew it was special and could never taint that by replays, or remakes, or following the franchise past 10.
    I see what people are saying. I can understand turning one zone into an entire game could be cool because it's like giving full tour of the Enterprise, or milenial falcon. It's for fans to immerse selves in the popular title.
    So much will balance on quest content... If we run around trying to twist the main plot or ruin it by over explaining things because it will be hard to justify an entire game off a few hours of one map... And useless side quests will be insulting.
    I hope it doesn't go to cheese.
    Only time will tell. I won't buy until you all try ;)
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Utinni said:

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

I agree with you but in this day and age its hard to tell which one is which. We will know if it was a scam when the game comes out and see what kind of quality it actually is.

If it was a western developer I'd be more concerned. Japanese developers usually have some dignity.

Yeah about that dignity, let me show you the masses of "dating colonel Sanders Sims" like games they poop out for fast cash . Ehehe
    [Deleted User]

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Utinni said:

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

This is the exact ignorance I'm talking about....SE is notorious for nickle/diming people as well as shotty ports when it comes to pc, yet they have dignity?

The only thing I'll say about this company which causing a lot of confusion amongst those that doing even a remote amount of research into this company is that a large portion of their revenue goes full circle, meaning that their money is used to balance out other projects (if you want more information on this, just look at how XIII and FFXIV ARR stayed afloat). They aren't exactly EA/Activision with the top 5% of the company making outrageously more than the others, but it still doesn't condone how they make a large amount of their revenue (unless you really believe that a mmorpg like FFXIV pulls in comparable revenue to WoW, arguably more, with just subs and has nothing to do with their monthly updated cash shop in a P2P game.....yeah, right).

Its not a conspiracy theory if you have a company's history on public record. Besides, just because someone isn't blindly fan-boi/girling over something doesn't mean they dont want it to exist. People act like it has to be an all or nothing approach instead of being a fair one.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]cheeba
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Based on the gameplay they showed at E3, it's worth the asking price even if it's only 20 hours long (but it's going to be a lot more). People are paying that for Gears 5 with 12 hours of content and are happy about it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I don't mind the episodic vision, but it's still my biggest concern. I don't even mind if they completely re-imagine the game as long as they finish it(looking at you FFXV).

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

Utinni said:

Albatroes said:

Utinni said:

Arterius said:

This is the exact ignorance I'm talking about....SE is notorious for nickle/diming people as well as shotty ports when it comes to pc, yet they have dignity?

The only thing I'll say about this company which causing a lot of confusion amongst those that doing even a remote amount of research into this company is that a large portion of their revenue goes full circle, meaning that their money is used to balance out other projects (if you want more information on this, just look at how XIII and FFXIV ARR stayed afloat). They aren't exactly EA/Activision with the top 5% of the company making outrageously more than the others, but it still doesn't condone how they make a large amount of their revenue (unless you really believe that a mmorpg like FFXIV pulls in comparable revenue to WoW, arguably more, with just subs and has nothing to do with their monthly updated cash shop in a P2P game.....yeah, right).

Its not a conspiracy theory if you have a company's history on public record. Besides, just because someone isn't blindly fan-boi/girling over something doesn't mean they dont want it to exist. People act like it has to be an all or nothing approach instead of being a fair one.

Hope your day gets better man.
    vandal5627
  • atonicoatonico Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I will buy a Playstation again (my last was PS2). Eager for the game, hope they can make a good redemption  :)
    alkarionlog
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    I am lost to the last posters actual point?
    I know full well how SE operates,i have been following SE since the beginning of man and do a LOT of research and reading.

If you are trying to compare SE moral standards versus other giant corps,it is not even close.Now there are hidden agenda that nobody thinks about like paying employees very low wages,perhaps less than fair but then guess what EA was sued for that exact reason.

So SE puts out some trash games to help fund another bigger better project,yeah it's a crap deal i know but how are any of these other studios doing it one better?Nobody says you have to buy those crap cash grab games do they?Remember Landmark,that was SOE's exact plan,to use that as a cash grab to fund EQ Next.

Personally i don't even much like FF7,my type of design resides with the series games like FF3...FF5...FF8/9/10 and FFXI online.

If you want to talk money and numbers and moral standards,just realize how FFXI was made and compare it to how devs are making these games now.5 years of debt,only a hope and prayer it would make back the debt and turn a profit,it took them 7 years to turn a profit.Now a days it is lol,devs want their cake and eat it too,free handout money,cash shops all over the games,loot boxes and on that same subject,loads of real crappy way over rated games.

So not sure why you would be pointing any fingers at SE when there are MANY much worse game studios out there.Would you rather SE takes the money and runs or is it not better to put the money back into some games?This very topic i eluded to when Eve online first came out,CCP made loads of money and just sat on it,that is not the type of dev studio i want to support.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Pls bring it to the pc..
    I don't want to buy a ps4 just for one game... but I might just do it
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    I watched the first 15 minutes, the other day, and it looked pretty awful, to me.
    Couple that with spreading 1 game out into 3+ games, and I think it's unlikely I will even bother.
  • DogDroppingDanDogDroppingDan Newbie CommonPosts: 18
    Japanese Developers have more dignity?

Holy nutballs go look at konami and the sonic team there buddy.. OR the entire IF line up of games.

Hell just google battle raper trilogy
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2019
    Midgar's a cool enough setting to have a game of its own anyways IMHO.  If they really hypothetically are still going with that episode thing and the first one hypothetically ends the Midgar arc, I'm actually more worried about how they could possibly top it with the follow up episodes.

I mean, sure, the Gold Saucer will be really cool but there really wasn't much plot in that place.
    [Deleted User]