Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Player Uncertainty, Chronicles of Elyria To Compensate Players Affected By Claim Issues - MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAfter Player Uncertainty, Chronicles of Elyria To Compensate Players Affected By Claim Issues - MMORPG.com

Recently Chronicles of Elyria, the ambitious sandbox MMORPG from Soulbound Studios, held a period where players could set up their land claims for the upcoming release. However, it didn't completely turn out the way some players wanted, and now some are seeking a solution for their un-usable titles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Is this game playable or are people claiming land that doesn't exist yet? Every post about this game is confusing.
    XingbairongValentinaNordicApacheinfomatz
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    edited September 2019
    Buying your role... This is the epitome of pay to win?
    Post edited by Greatness on
    OzmodanScotNordicApacheinfomatz

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited September 2019
    If I had to take a guess I would say I think they are on the verge of bankruptcy and most of their developers have fled the sinking ship. This progress we see is a last resort to buy time until the inevitable, while hoping to keep those invested interested.

The staff left working on the project have minimal design skills, and they have zero artists; hence why it looks like it's done by a first year game design student. Keep in mind this game was turned down by a few publishers already. They needed that big money to survive, now they are running on fumes of a few whales.
    [Deleted User]OzmodanSpottyGekkoInebriatedSkunkOctagon7711[Deleted User]NordicApacheinfomatzWaanTekkon
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    So from my understanding if you mess up your screwed. We don't care that you spent extra money to upgrade or get a title but we will happily keep your money and give you some store credit that you more then likely wont want to spend since you got screwed out of land already.
    [Deleted User]NordicApacheAsm0deus
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    A very sad state of affairs.  Most of us said that when the game was proposed because the staff lacked experience and it is evident from the current state of the game.  Will it ever get made?  Hard to tell, but the prospects are not looking favorable.
    NordicApache
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2019

Greatness said:

Buying your role... This is the epitome of play to win?

Don't forget they have kings that was overthrown. Imagine how they scream about paying tons of money to be king then just toppled in days. This game is a mess
    GreatnessNordicApache
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Hehe, reading CoE news is always a lesson in social psychology...
    ScotOzmodan[Deleted User]NordicApacheWaan
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Utinni said:

Is this game playable or are people claiming land that doesn't exist yet? Every post about this game is confusing.

Well, the special thing about CoE is that it's a two-pronged project: at the moment, both developers and players are roleplaying live the development of a MMO.
    Whether CoE will move into the next stage of being an actual computer game is anyone's guess.
    Slapshot1188KalafaxbobbymcswansonOzmodan[Deleted User]Octagon7711wingood[Deleted User]NordicApacheinfomatz
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited September 2019
    The chronical of CoE continues, I don't usually follow games in development but was persuaded to do so by the drama.

From having a CEO who is running a personality cult, to the ineptitude of a development team that can be like a headless chicken, to zero understanding of the consequences of making a PvP domain MMO.

I still wish CoE well, for those of us who wait for reviews before they buy this is all popcorn before launch. Hopefully these teething problems all pan out and we all end up with a great game.
    Slapshot1188GaladournOzmodan[Deleted User]wingoodNordicApacheWaan
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Folks, this is just the tip of the iceberg. The game is still years from release. Not a single player has been admitted to the game testing and it's not even in Alpha.

Caspien said this year they would be "The Storm".

Well, all they appear to be is a mess.
    GaladournOzmodanKyleranOctagon7711wingood[Deleted User]NordicApacheinfomatz

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Galadourn said:

Hehe, reading CoE news is always a lesson in social psychology...

Caspien's degree is in psychology. See the correlation?
    Galadourn[Deleted User]NordicApache

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Anyone who didn't see the obvious flaw in the game from the start (finite/fixed land plots being sold for cash willy-nilly) and know that this was going to turn out as just one big disaster hasn't learned anything from other similar disasters (Archeage anyone?)

That these people get away with this shit is another thing entirely. It's no different than a contractor coming to do work on your house and telling you it's "payment up front, I have to pay my guys" then disappears after doing 1/4 of the work. Con men at work on a much broader scale.
    Ozmodan
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    A store credit? Lol what a joke, glad I didn't touch this train wreck
    Asm0deus
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "Caring in our response" i do NOT see that as being a truthful statement.
    If it was user error by n ot following the prompts carefully,the system is likely at least a bit flawed.

Even so if they are CARING like they claim,allow the users to try and go through the process again to follow these so called prompts.Also their response was automatic YOUR FAULT instead of a CARING response like...ok we will look into the problem and get back to you which was not the case,it was an auto...YOUR FAULT ...TOO BAD.

Was it also YOUR FAULT for giving them money.Oh you made a grave mistake giving us money,here is your money back.
    In all my years of gaming experience and you might find this a surprise,only ONCE in my entire life did i find a customer support team to be caring and competent and no it wasn't ffxi,it was while playing EQ2,SOE the only support team i ever witnessed as being really good.

How about this for customer support "EQ2".....The support staff actually fires up the game,enters the game right in front of me and asks me about my issues and how she could help and after solving my problems asked if i had any further questions or concerns.All the while took only about 5-10 minutes for the support person to arrive in game and help me.
    I guarantee 100% you will never find that kind of support in COE...ever.YOUR FAULT ...too bad sigh.
    Octagon7711Asm0deus

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    More to chuckle about.  This game has given me more laughs than Monty Python, Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy and the Marx Brothers combined.  You can even toss in the Ritz Brothers, but, of course, they never contributed any material worth laughing at.

A made up event for an in-process game (I'm being nice) that failed to develop all the imaginary lands and cities to cover all those they had already sold.  Legions of comedy writers couldn't have come up with anything so ludicrous.  I am truly sorry for anyone who gave money to this project.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Wasn't this the game that stated during the kickstarter that the game would be up and running in about 6 or 7 months?
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Dakeru

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Wasn't this the game that stated during the kickstarter that the game would be up and running in about 6 or 7 months?
    He had Gantt charts though...
    [Deleted User]

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wizardry said:

How about this for customer support "EQ2".....The support staff actually fires up the game,enters the game right in front of me and asks me about my issues and how she could help and after solving my problems asked if i had any further questions or concerns.All the while took only about 5-10 minutes for the support person to arrive in game and help me.
    I guarantee 100% you will never find that kind of support in COE...ever.YOUR FAULT ...too bad sigh.
    From what I recall about this game - I could be wrong - playable characters remain in the game when you're logged off.

You could hunt down the CS character and if it doesn't help you, you can kill it. That counts for something doesn't it?
    [Deleted User]SpottyGekko
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    edited September 2019
    For a game that has an active community, ongoing events (albeit behind the scenes), and is currently working through the Lore, Politics, and Territory with their Players( i.e. investors) for when the game eventually releases in about 5 years, there is a ton of hate from random MMO community members.
    Slapshot1188Kylerankenguru23bcbullyinfomatzWaanTekkon

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

Kalafax said:
    For a game that has an active community, ongoing events (albeit behind the scenes), and is currently working through the Lore, Politics, and Territory with their Players( i.e. investors) for when the game eventually releases in about 5 years, there is a ton of hate from random MMO community members.
    Lots of their Players (i.e. investors) are posting here.  Facts don’t equal hate.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kalafax said:
    My "hate" is anything but random....and it's a MMORPG community, no MEOWS here bucko.

>:) 
    Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Hate?  Lots of us LOVE this "game".  It's providing tons of free entertainment!
    KyleranSlapshot1188bcbullySpottyGekkoanemoNordicApacheinfomatztweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Kalafax said:
    Can you tell us about the lore, not seen anything on that yet?
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

I spotted this a mile away, Thrones thorns or what of chaos, from giant ant or whatever ant it was called in 2006. The next step will be, "we can't deliver what we promised, thanks for the money" or "vanish" with complete I.P. cleansing.

More like "Hey we run out of money, here is what we have so far. We need more money. Ok, cool? here is another fund raising for it. If not, thanks for your time, k bye" Puff disappear like magic show.
  • 3vilution3vilution Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Game is toast