Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Now A Part of EA and Origin Access - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 3,129
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem Now A Part of EA and Origin Access - MMORPG.com

Bioware's looter shooter, Anthem, has navigated its way onto EA and Origin Access, Electronic Arts announced yesterday, marking another point on its journey.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited September 2019

This move wont save the game!

Tbh i think this game is done now it sounds like its in full maintenance mode

EA better not F up the command and conquer remakes because if they do i will never buy EA stuff again CnC red alert 1 and 2 /yuris revenge one of my all time faves
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,112
    It wasn't already? I thought that was how most played it.
    JeffSpicoliPsym0nOG_ZorvanOctagon7711Nyghthowlerinfomatz
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Fitting, its worth playing just for the view. Nothing more. Really would be a good game with some game design in it though
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It was part of Premier Access before, the more expensive one.
    QuicksandIselinTacticalZombehGorweinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,435
    So new games at EA all start outside their subscription plan and then are eventually phased in? This makes sense unless they are multiplayer which more and more games are now. Not sure this is a wise system going forward.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    The only thing Anthem had going for it was being pretty, thats it, its linear, formulaic and is nothing but a cash shop. Everything about the game has been a disaster.
    JeroKaneinfomatzRellz
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Aeander said:

Yeah I'v been playing Madden 20 for the past month or so with the orgin pass and i remember seeing it available for download back then.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited September 2019
    I'm expecting to see EA/Bioware drop support for Anthem within the next few months or at least before next year. The game requires massive overhauls of big chunks of the game which they dont have the team for or money coming in to justify.
    Phryinfomatz
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There will probably still be a few people playing the game, but i seriously doubt there are all that many, its probably only a matter of time before the game has its ME:Andromeda 'moment' where they give up fixing the game and just maintain what remains, probably maintaining the game in its current state is the best that can be hoped for. :/
    Octagon7711
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,300
    edited September 2019
    Scot said:
    So new games at EA all start outside their subscription plan and then are eventually phased in? This makes sense unless they are multiplayer which more and more games are now. Not sure this is a wise system going forward.
    EA Basic is very cheap at $30 / year and Premier is $100. Premier gives you access to some but not all games at launch - Anthem was one of them - and Basic has mostly older games available... more than 100 games. Basic also gives you 10 hour trials of full new games as it did with Anthem. That's what I did with it and based on that decided not to buy it.

"Older" is relative though and you can gauge how well or badly a game did on retail by how quickly it gets to Basic. ME: Andromeda and now Anthem got there in record time :) 
    OG_ZorvanScotOctagon7711TorvalGobstopper3Dinfomatz
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 554
    Rest in peace Anthem. You tried and I enjoyed the game for roughly 25-30 hours.
    gunklacker

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,961
    Scot said:
    I think it's more along the lines of Anthem needs a crutch to stay alive. If Anthem were a success, it would not be on a low tier all access plan.
    Scot

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 2,955
    not coming back until they add some "meat" and buff storm ...
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 283
    Uh..

It has been, I thought?
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited September 2019

Aeander said:

I think it means it's going to the standard sub . If was available with origin access Premier (the premium sub) before.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,110

EA better not F up the command and conquer remakes because if they do i will never buy EA stuff again CnC red alert 1 and 2 /yuris revenge one of my all time faves

Didn't they already mess up C&C 4 (Tiberium Twilight)? The game went the way of trying to copy Supreme Commander 2 or something. SC1 was greatish....SC2 was under received (though was still fun). That dev team going to making Planetary Annihilation and bombing hard on that one was....it wasn't that great.

------[Then again, they only went back to making an SC-like because their LoL-like -Demigod- failed so very hard due to a piss poor network system and little to no post-launch development support. Don't get me wrong, the game's mechanics were absolutely fun and I miss it so very much. But the networking was utter garbage.]

Oh...so ya, it's EA. Plus have you seen their library lately? The only good thing to come out of them is APEX Legends; which was by one of their subsidiaries as a 'grown up Fortnite' knockoff.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member UncommonPosts: 389

Wait is there a CnC reboot happening? Thats fucking amazing!
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 128
    When a struggling game goes to EA, it usually means end of the journey.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,388
    LOOKS like an interesting game, but even Deathwing FEELS and PLAYS better.

Really, coming to Anthem videos after playing DW with stuff like Redeemer. Priceless. /epicfail on EA's part.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,870
    Just go f2p already before dying off completely. Maybe it'll have a better turn around.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,267
    You can literally buy the game for 5 - 10 bucks now. Retail stores are just dumping their stock now for this game and practically giving it away nearly free, just to get rid of it.
    Octagon7711infomatz
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,961
    I think Bioware will be joining Westwood and the others out back very soon.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,922
    All they really need to do is make the game more solo friendly, which gives players the option to solo or group content, by improving the gear and weapons, the game would pickup a lot of players, imo.
    CazrielTorval

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,300
    All they really need to do is make the game more solo friendly, which gives players the option to solo or group content, by improving the gear and weapons, the game would pickup a lot of players, imo.
    You mean like abandoning their "Game$ a$ a $ervice" multiplayer horseshit that all of us allegedly wanted and make it a single player game like all the games Bioware is best known for? What kind of heresy is this? 
    CazrielGorweOG_Zorvaninfomatz
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Scot said:
    Why wouldn't a subscription to a multiplayer game be wise?
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration