Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Borderlands Journey Ends and Another Begins - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageOne Borderlands Journey Ends and Another Begins - MMORPG.com

Now that the full Borderlands experience is fresh in my memory, here are some things I’m looking forward to/hoping to find in Borderlands 3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Arterius said:

Just have decide between Amara and Fl4K. Have a 10 and half hours to decide

Are you playing solo or with a group?
  • coleman11bcoleman11b Member UncommonPosts: 76
    INB4... “Blah blah no Steam, no buy.”
    [Deleted User]bobbymcswansonTillerAshikuroRueTheWhirl
  • Hugor49Hugor49 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Blah blah no Steam, no buy.
    [Deleted User]WhiteLantern[Deleted User]onelesslightcoleman11bMikeBSoulsemmerFlyByKnightAlverant3domand 5 others.

Arterius said:

MikeB said:

Arterius said:

MikeB said:

Arterius said:

Solo. Probably go with Amara as I don't like sticking with a character thats popular in online games. That way if I do group up we have a good party and not 4 FL4K's

Maybe FL4K for solo play and Amara for grouping? I've heard she's not so great solo. FL4K, on the other hand, is great at it due to the pet (who can also rez you) and his many sources of health regeneration/stealth if you go that route. Just something to think about.

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Live out in the woods with shitty internet so had to spend the last two days pre downloading just to make sure I'm ready for today.....I'm so hype me and a buddy got the fridge stocked with beer and we ready to enjoy the wonderfully crass atmosphere of BL3....yay time
    MikeBWhiteLanternPhixion13

Live out in the woods with shitty internet so had to spend the last two days pre downloading just to make sure I'm ready for today.....I'm so hype me and a buddy got the fridge stocked with beer and we ready to enjoy the wonderfully crass atmosphere of BL3....yay time

Who will you be playing as?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2019
    Looking at past games it's often the one that is weaker at the start that becomes the more powerful around level 40+.. minus Salvator who is just the strongest class they've done full stop. Plus, at later game the legendaries totally change things with skill synergy. I doubt anyone really knows what the strongest combos are yet, even the developers.

I'm going to play Amara first because she's the one I like the look of the least. I decided to be backwards about it for... fun.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Looking at past games it's often the one that is weaker at the start that becomes the more powerful around level 40+.. minus Salvator who is just the strongest class they've done full stop. Plus, at later game the legendaries totally change things with skill synergy. I doubt anyone really knows what the strongest combos are yet, even the developers.

I'm going to play Amara first because she's the one I like the look of the least. I decided to be backwards about it for... fun.
    Salvador just plays an entirely different game than everyone else in Borderlands 2. He was ridiculous. I hope none of the BL3 characters are that much better than the rest of the cast.
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2019
    MikeB said:

Salvador just plays an entirely different game than everyone else in Borderlands 2. He was ridiculous. I hope none of the BL3 characters are that much better than the rest of the cast.
    I don't really have a problem with it. The mixed balancing is part of what makes the game more fun and the loot more satisfying to me.

Every class can do fine... but, yeh, with Salvador I was soloing some Raid bosses without using glitches. It wasn't easy, at all, but it's pretty much impossible for most of the other classes. There's exceptions though, like using Zer0s Bore skill with that sniper from the hammerlock DLC (I forget it's name). You could, literally, kill raid bosses solo in about 5 seconds. He was definitely the best boss killer, if you had the right loot.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

INB4... “Blah blah no Steam, no buy.”

Damnit... YOU GOT ME TOO!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

MikeB said:

Arterius said:

MikeB said:

Arterius said:

MikeB said:

Arterius said:

Solo. Probably go with Amara as I don't like sticking with a character thats popular in online games. That way if I do group up we have a good party and not 4 FL4K's

Maybe FL4K for solo play and Amara for grouping? I've heard she's not so great solo. FL4K, on the other hand, is great at it due to the pet (who can also rez you) and his many sources of health regeneration/stealth if you go that route. Just something to think about.

"his many sources of health regeneration/stealth if you go that route" You...you used the wrong pronoun. YOU MONSTER!!! REEEEEEE!!!

On a serious note, FL4K does look like a great choice for solo players and a lot of the people who have played the game already have pretty much stated the same. I like pet based classes so my first play through (when BL3 comes out on Steam) will be with FL4K.
    MrSoulPants

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I figured either Moze or FL4K for my first playthrough, but probably FL4K cause I love pet classes. So far the game is looking good, so I just have to be patient for a few weeks to make sure 2K doesn't add some shitty monetization in post-release.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    I was quite happy to play Borderlands when it was not on Steam, most people posting here play MMOs which when they began were not on steam. On the other hand do I use Epic, no.

I am keeping an eye on this one, but will probably wait for a big discount.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited September 2019
    I just got the game- n the game has bugs on pc- maybe that’s why they are holding out for steam, with the toxic reviews n forums etc...

On a side note after an hour I went back to my other games- the game n story feels boring n lifeless...not sure why. I’ll give it a couple of more hours, but Iam not impressed so far.
    Phixion13
    orbitxo said:
    n the game has bugs on pc
    Yeh, those spiderants are a real pain
    edited September 2019
    As a massive Borderlands fan the game is exactly what I wanted. More variety in builds and loot, same humour, slight improvements all over really. I'll put 100s of hrs into it so money well spent.

It's easily a 10/10 for me.

The only thing that bothers me so far is that the big map rotates to the direction you're facing when you open it.. and there's no north indicator on it. It's just a little annoying for me is all.
    JeffSpicoli

As a massive Borderlands fan the game is exactly what I wanted. More variety in builds and loot, same humour, slight improvements all over really. I'll put 100s of hrs into it so money well spent.

It's easily a 10/10 for me.

The only thing that bothers me so far is that the big map rotates to the direction you're facing when you open it.. and there's no north indicator on it. It's just a little annoying for me is all.

Yeah, the 3D map is a little annoying. Having a good time so far, overall. Will play more over the weekend.

Arterius said:

I went with Fl4K I tried Amara, Moze, and Fl4k last night. Amara isn't really my playstyle. Moze was good but her Mech is terrible. Seemed to get stuck a lot. You think they would have designed around that. Enjoying Fl4k though. Only early on. Going to not make him a sniper. I hate snipers in FPS

Glad you are enjoying FL4K! I'm having a good time with Moze. I just tend to spawn the mech into more open area engagements to avoid any issues. It's only up every 90s so I tend to just think of it as an oh shit button in larger fights more than anything else right now. It requires a lot of point investment to really be more than that and points are precious in the early levels, so I'm not putting anything into it right now.
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2019
    I'm really enjoying Amara. With the right skill a portion of all weapon damage becomes elemental and you're spreading DoTs all over the place... and you don't even have to use an elemental gun. Pair it with explosive and the spread skill and you just melt faces.
    [Deleted User]

I'm really enjoying Amara. With the right skill a portion of all weapon damage becomes elemental and you're spreading DoTs all over the place... and you don't even have to use an elemental gun. Pair it with explosive and the spread skill and you just melt faces.

This is the Amara build I'm looking to try when I eventually get around to playing her.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    @MikeB I swear you play everything. Don't know how you do it. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    @MikeB I swear you play everything. Don't know how you do it. 
    I wish!
    MikeB said:

This is the Amara build I'm looking to try when I eventually get around to playing her.

This is what I've theory crafted for my first build. Might change depending on certain legendaries though.
    • Some health increases and reduced damage taken
    • Tons of health regen and elemental damage health leech
    • Lots of damage buffs when phaselocking and when damaging with phaselock
    • All attacks do elemental damage no matter what weapons I'm using (not sure if it applies to melee or not but it's not a melee build)
    • Max elemental status spread, elemental status damage and standard elemental damage
    • A lifesaver with a 2 minute cooldown cos I had a spare point
    Main action skill is the phaselock that bashes the area with fists, plus singularity added to suck enemies into it.
    OG_Zorvan said:

Are you crazy? Amara's the prettiest of the bunch! Snu Snu!
    i meant her skillset, not her appearance lol. But I've totally changed my mind about it now after playing her. I love it.
    [Deleted User]