Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : GreedFall - Release Date Announcement

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : GreedFall - Release Date Announcement

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Maxstone1Maxstone1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I really hope it is..the Age of Exploration is hardly ever used well in RPGs so it'd be refreshing to see it succeed.
    SBFordLeFantome[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks similar to Assassin's Creed Odyssey.. and that's not a bad thing.
    LeFantomeSBFordLrdEtrius[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    It's going to be much smaller than it though, as Spider is a very small AA studio (they have 20-30 permanent developers).

And while they clearly took some inspiration from Odyssey for how to display gear information, the rest of the gameplay looks like another iteration of their last 3 RPGs (Mars War Logs, Bound By Flame and Technomancer).
    [Deleted User]
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I thought it was Greedmonger revived.
    WhiteLantern[Deleted User]Asm0deusGeeky
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    Game looks sick. Might have to pick this up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• passoubatidopassoubatido Member CommonPosts: 2
    cool
  • EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52

azarhal said:

It's going to be much smaller than it though, as Spider is a very small AA studio (they have 20-30 permanent developers).

And while they clearly took some inspiration from Odyssey for how to display gear information, the rest of the gameplay looks like another iteration of their last 3 RPGs (Mars War Logs, Bound By Flame and Technomancer).

Wow, those are some seriously mediocre games. I think I made it about 20 minutes into technomancer before I just couldn't take it seriously any more.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    So the thing with Spiders is they make some amazing worlds, their combat however is innovative but buggy and that is what takes away form the game for most people. But if you go through with it you find some amazing stories and depth in their games. Greedfall will just be another buggy "masterpiece" hardly ever mentioned.
    [Deleted User]
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Hashbrick said:
    So the thing with Spiders is they make some amazing worlds, their combat however is innovative but buggy and that is what takes away form the game for most people. But if you go through with it you find some amazing stories and depth in their games. Greedfall will just be another buggy "masterpiece" hardly ever mentioned.
    I'm not so sure. This combat looks a lot like it works like Witcher 3, AC Odyssey or Arkham series.. the attacks seem to home in on the enemy, I mean. It doesn't look like how it works in their other games, from the trailer at least. 
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    edited July 2019
    Game looks pretty great. Is this a euro jank dev like piranha bytes? Reminding me of Rizen 3, maybe it’s just time period.
    It is an euro jank dev, but their games are more like budget BioWare style RPG (Jade Empire/Mass Effect/Dragon Age Origins era) than what Piranha Bytes makes.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Hashbrick said:

I'm not so sure. This combat looks a lot like it works like Witcher 3, AC Odyssey or Arkham series.. the attacks seem to home in on the enemy, I mean. It doesn't look like how it works in their other games, from the trailer at least. 

Ya it looks like it and hopefully it's a refined version of that. The thing is though you have to play the game to get the gameplay flow, they are known to do some weird things to the flow of combat and that's usually what makes people run as it becomes too slow, boring, or clunky.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    another pirate game? I hope it's good.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Tokken said:
    another pirate game? I hope it's good.
    It's not about pirates, it's about colonialism. But it does looks like Risen 2/3 as both are inspired by the 17th century aesthetic.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z32yoMtrOw

I think the combat is not that great, but it is rpg.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z32yoMtrOw

I think the combat is not that great, but it is rpg.
    He's playing it on Normal. I did the same mistake, then I had to up the difficulty to at least Hard to make parrying, kicking and all the other tricks start to matter. In Normal spamming the LMB could basically you carry you with everything except bosses. In Easy the NPCs basically do the fighting for you, you don't need to lift a finger. And Extreme is too unforgiving for my taste.
    Kyleran