Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Ocean First Departure R Coming to Switch, PS4 on December 5th - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Ocean First Departure R Coming to Switch, PS4 on December 5th - MMORPG.com News

Classic RPG, Star Ocean First Departure R will soon be releasing on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. The game first came out on Sony's handheld PSP and is a remake of the original Star Ocean. The new version will have a number of enhancements to make it worth experiencing for the first time or all over again upon its re-release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    this is like the 3rd opr 4th time this has been released! Squeenix need to get a shufty on and do a re-release/hd remake of star ocean til the end of time!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I rather wish this one put more effort into its hd presentation, like Trials of Mana remake is doing. That game looks like a modern JRPG. This one sticking to the tiny retro sprites is less... impressive.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this is like the 3rd opr 4th time this has been released! Squeenix need to get a shufty on and do a re-release/hd remake of star ocean til the end of time!

Still have the original Till the end of time on PS2. Probably my favorite SO since the Snes game. I never got to finish it though. Still have a lot of oldies waiting in line to finish.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I do hope that the JRPG remake/remaster trend continues on the Switch.

Personally, what I want most would probably be a Tales of the Abyss remaster. Great game, but had severe, gamebreaking load times on PS2. 
    alkarionlog
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Guessing the R is for Rehash? Resell? Reused? Redundant?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited September 2019

this is like the 3rd or 4th time this has been released! Squeenix need to get a shufty on and do a re-release/hd remake of star ocean til the end of time!

Still have the original Till the end of time on PS2. Probably my favorite SO since the Snes game. I never got to finish it though. Still have a lot of oldies waiting in line to finish.

its my 2nd fave JRPG of all time (breath of fire 3 is my fave this needs a complete remake like the mana series) Star ocean 3's ending is really good probs my fave ending to a game, then theres the endgame/new game which has different difficulties like the mobs doing 4x damage and having 4x health n stuff like that and collecting the tropihes too required multiple restarts/playthrough to get it was a well made JRPG that came from a time that enojyed (and was profitable) to make them! Edit i should be clear re release it for PC
    rojoArcueid
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2019

Roin said:

I forgot the meaning of that word but some JRPG series are very commonly known for having an R or an F at the end of the name representing an enhanced, complete edition of an older game. Or expanded with new content.

Tales of Hearts R
    Tales of Graces F
    Persona 3 FES

are some examples.
    infomatz

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Star Ocean 2 was one of my favorites back in the day. Still regret not picking up the PSP versions of 1 and 2, so I'm glad to see this happening. (Even though sometimes they go cheap..ish on ebay.)

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Asians really hate the west, Nintendo + Sony alliance to kill XBOX/PC
    alkarionlogAeander
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Roin said:

I forgot the meaning of that word but some JRPG series are very commonly known for having an R or an F at the end of the name representing an enhanced, complete edition of an older game. Or expanded with new content.

Tales of Hearts R
    Tales of Graces F
    Persona 3 FES

are some examples.
    That's actually wrong. 

Tales of Hearts R - "Re-imagination"
    Tales of Graces F - "Future"
    Person 3 FES - "Festival"
    Fairy Fencer F - "Fang"
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.