Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is nothing sacred?

MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
I noticed today, that there is a patch queued for Civ 6 sometime early tomorrow morning (your times may vary).  Yep, Civ 6 is introducing a Battle Royal mode.

Firaxis--.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

AmatheLokeroKyleranDrunkWolf

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    And it's on a mobile phone? 
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    How is this going to even work? I remember playing the game with few friends and it took days or weeks to finish a match.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Saw it earlier myself and just thought.. WTF. lol
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I just realized the worst part!  I now own a Battle Royale game!  Heaven help me!  Firaxis--.  Firaxis--.  Firaxis--.  Uninstall!  Uninstall!

KyleranAlBQuirky

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    My first question is "why?"

My second question is "how?"
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Just looked at some info from Eurogamer.  The basics:  post-apocalyptic setting, start with two units (1 infantry, 1 machine gun), move around a map to find/capture new units, upgrades, XP.  It seems like there's lots of fighting, with nothing else that says Civilization.  It's a free upgrade adding this new mode, so at least it doesn't cost anything.

I'll probably never play this.  The combat in Civ 6 is probably the least interesting aspect of the game to me.  And I'd prefer ancient units over modern units.  It's just the game speeds in every Civ game (starting at 20y/turn) pushes me out of the ancient era far before any decent ancient army can be built, so few wars happen.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    The big black mark on the era of gaming began in two places.
    Blizzard and SOE and then it just worse and worse.
    Most likely don't even realize what Smedley did back in the EQ2 days,he tested the cash shop idea then turned SOE into a full blown cash shop studio.You know yoru a real failure when your pre testing showed it made a LOT more money than the subscriber servers and yet you still failed...sigh.

Blizzard banked on selling their products by using the Epsort and bragging tools,albeit Smedley was every bit in that area as well with the bragging "showoff" tools but not with the Esport which is  where Blizzard flourished.
    IMO it catered to the immature side of gaming then again most at that time figured gaming in itself was a immature hobby.

Now fast forward,Epic games a bit of a loner,doing their own thing and doing it well decided to jump on the BR bandwagon and stop designing games.Now i do have to give Epic some credit because i was hooked into online play because of the Quake/Doom/Unreal series of games but it was Epic's Unreal that really took fps gaming to another level.
    Bottom line is Epic had the people that understand shooters,so when Fortnite became a reality as a BR mode Epic is good at it.

However,popularity aside,money aside because to me as a gamer,idc about popularity or money,UT is stil the most highly skilled shooter on the market and by a landslide.Sp TueFue...Ninja,whoever else can ride around on their bicycle bragging,they are playing a very subpar shooter.I look at BR games as a lol joke.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.