Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recruit A Friend is Back in World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRecruit A Friend is Back in World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

After some time away, the Recruit A Friend program is making its return to World of Warcraft - but that's not all. What's a triumphant return without a few triumphant upgrades?

Read the full story here

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I can't believe i'm getting an itch to play WoW classic (this game is probably retail) but i'm getting that itch and i stopped playing in 2004.

Of course, i'd play with my own personal hardcore mode on. You die once, you delete your char and start again.
    Vexiusx
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2019

I can't believe i'm getting an itch to play WoW classic (this game is probably retail) but i'm getting that itch and i stopped playing in 2004.

Of course, i'd play with my own personal hardcore mode on. You die once, you delete your char and start again.

It's both really. The sub includes both versions of WoW.
    FolmenWaan
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    hmm, i've had some heresy and i've been getting bored of starcraft 2. Not bored, but sick of the stress. Like i was reluctant to play SC 2 yesterday due to the stress of 1v1 but when i got on, i had friends so we did a 3v3 and i don't care whether i win or lose on that.

But yeah, i may try out WoW but only in my own personal HC mode
  • EelonEelon Member UncommonPosts: 12

You didn't get very far if you stopped playing in 2004. The game came out in November 23rd 2004. Should definitely give it another go. we all have faster internet and better PCs now. Its a much better experience.
    I hit lvl 60 on my hunter. I guess 2005. Then i tried 1 or 2 raids and realized i wasn't going to raid for better equipment to do harder raids for even better equipment. 

But things have changed, i stream now and before i quit WoW in 2005 i guess, i did try to play HC where i delete my char when he dies, he made it to level 11 or so. 

So perhaps, I'll try again. 
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512

I hit lvl 60 on my hunter. I guess 2005. Then i tried 1 or 2 raids and realized i wasn't going to raid for better equipment to do harder raids for even better equipment. 

But things have changed, i stream now and before i quit WoW in 2005 i guess, i did try to play HC where i delete my char when he dies, he made it to level 11 or so. 

It is pretty tough you will not get too far w/o dying. Even if you are careful mobs have a huge aggro range and you can be fighting something and get spawned on. Not to mention the lack of mana / energy etc etc.. I guess you could grind mobs to level up which would be much safer, but quests start getting tricky around lvl 8 id say.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489

jitter77 said:

It is pretty tough you will not get too far w/o dying. Even if you are careful mobs have a huge aggro range and you can be fighting something and get spawned on. Not to mention the lack of mana / energy etc etc.. I guess you could grind mobs to level up which would be much safer, but quests start getting tricky around lvl 8 id say.

Let him have his fun!!
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Good luck to you.

I think my first death came at level 6 near Goldshire when a 3rd murloc came running in out of nowhere and joined his two buddies beating on me and my pet Imp. I hate murloc runners. :)

Amathe
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Iselin said:

I think my first death came at level 6 near Goldshire when a 3rd murloc came running in out of nowhere and joined his two buddies beating on me and my pet Imp. I hate murloc runners. :)

I believe my first death was when I tried to solo Hogger (the first try). 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Amathe said:
    Iselin said:

I believe my first death was when I tried to solo Hogger (the first try). 
    You were just asking for trouble. Classic Hogger is no joke :) I killed him when there were about 20 of us running around in the area looking for him. He has a lot of different possible spawn spots in Classic.

I just hit him once and others finished him off for me while I quickly invited anyone I had time to invite while he was still alive. I managed to get 3 others credit for the kill.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

God damnit, i think i'm going to be downloading WoW classic tonight . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ... if my new computer gets build perhaps i could play both EU and WoW at the same time. I think I could pull that off.

My new computer is a beast.

32 gigs of RAM
    2070 nvidia gpu
    amd ryzon 7 or something

i coudl definitely play both EU and WoW at the same time. That would be awesome.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Sounds like we need an ironman competition between a bunch of us and see who makes it further. I did a few IM's for Empyrion, it was fun.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    camel sounds lazy.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

hmm, i've had some heresy and i've been getting bored of starcraft 2. Not bored, but sick of the stress. Like i was reluctant to play SC 2 yesterday due to the stress of 1v1 but when i got on, i had friends so we did a 3v3 and i don't care whether i win or lose on that.

But yeah, i may try out WoW but only in my own personal HC mode

lol .. you wont get far in your HC mode ..Unless of course you want to devolve your HC mode to easy mode by only doing Overland content at or below your level..
    Im downloading WoW, first time since 2005 i play it in any rendition.

Got frustrated in SC2, went 2-4 and last 3 days im 9-13 to fall below 3k MMR. Just really frustrating to play against people who play annoyingly.
  • LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Classic is a blast! The difficulty in this game makes it fun again.

• UnbinoUnbino Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Classic its so fun. Ahhhh the golden Wow days. So sad what WoW has become nowdays
    I played WoW classic for first time since 2005. It is kind of boring like all the rest of MMO's are. I got to level 5 and was bored out of my mind.

At least while trying not to die may be fun, ill probably start again when my new comp gets fully build as i could play 2 games at once.

I also jumped into WoW quicker than i expected, after a 2-8 slide on sc 2 i was so frustrated, i switched to WoW. Then again, if i didnt stream, i wouldnt even care about the game.

Also, i got my first sub.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I played WoW classic for first time since 2005. It is kind of boring like all the rest of MMO's are. I got to level 5 and was bored out of my mind.

At least while trying not to die may be fun, ill probably start again when my new comp gets fully build as i could play 2 games at once.

I also jumped into WoW quicker than i expected, after a 2-8 slide on sc 2 i was so frustrated, i switched to WoW. Then again, if i didnt stream, i wouldnt even care about the game.

Also, i got my first sub.
    Don't stream, join a guild and I think you will have a better time.