Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Homecoming Team Polls Community on Licensed Servers - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCity of Heroes: Homecoming Team Polls Community on Licensed Servers - MMORPG.com

Here's an interesting one for today: The City of Heroes: Homecoming team is polling their community on what they would like to see from an officially licensed server. We'll pose the same to you: what would you want if a licensed server came to be?

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Neat
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    I'd like to see something that would encourage more people to take their time and RP through regular, mid-range missions. Seems like now everybody just wants to run Death From Below and farm so they level up as fast as they can, then do TFs and other upper-level-to-endgame stuff.

I'm happy with the variety of powersets, but more (including a swinging travel power) and/or some tweaks to the existing sets would be nice.

I think if possible the two things I would most like to see is some (more or less) randomly-generated content at all levels. The other would be, as you level up, street mobs X levels below (grey) would not show up, unless you were mentoring a sidekick. So it would be like you're cleaning up the city as your character advances.

Also I would like to see changes to the drops and crafting so that the crafting didn't go by arbitrary pre-set recipes but by a logic of physics and chemistry, biology for mutation enhancements, maybe a naturopathic system of magic.
    Narushian[Deleted User]wingood
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I'd like to see a lvl increase with more content and more power sets. I was so excited when the game was re-released on a private server. But after getting three characters to end game content....I was tiring out. I moved on. I will most likely return, like I did in the old days when I had multiple characters at end game content, but not for a while. Enjoying the game I'm currently playing.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    NCSoft gets their jollies off on fukking with western players. I don't believe for a second that even if they give the license that they won't pull it a few months later for some bullshit reason.
  • NarushianNarushian Member CommonPosts: 1
    I would like to see something like "X years later, with the heroes gone the city has gone into chaos...."

Also as DavodtheTutt mentioned a progressive less and less of trash mobs in lower zones as you "clean up" these areas.

Some tweeks to travel powers could be nice, including maybe a new "progressive" travel power. using your base power "Magic, tech, Mutation, Skill ..."

Maybe also a team summoning system (portal or gateway/ power type)
    DavodtheTutt
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Narushian said:

I would like to see something like "X years later, with the heroes gone the city has gone into chaos...."

Also as DavodtheTutt mentioned a progressive less and less of trash mobs in lower zones as you "clean up" these areas.

Some tweeks to travel powers could be nice, including maybe a new "progressive" travel power. using your base power "Magic, tech, Mutation, Skill ..."

Maybe also a team summoning system (portal or gateway/ power type)

Welcome to the forums! :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Having read the above posts I can sum up what players want in a licensed CoH: More.
    wingoodDavodtheTutt
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    being able to add content would be amazing , new powersets , new travel powers....fresh anything would be cool
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293

Arterius said:

If the game gets a licensed server and they can make new content I will jump back in. The only reason I stopped is because i knew that nothing new was going to come and didn't know how much there was to do at end game

the entire issue we are playing on homecoming is something that never went live (with powersets that weren't released outside of beta) and they literally released a 64 bit client last month and an update to most dominators assault powersets 2 weeks ago.
    i don't know what more you need from a team of people doing voluntary work.
    Ilaya[Deleted User]DavodtheTutt
  • eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I just want an official server. I have never played this game.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293

Arterius said:

ananit said:

Arterius said:

If the game gets a licensed server and they can make new content I will jump back in. The only reason I stopped is because i knew that nothing new was going to come and didn't know how much there was to do at end game

the entire issue we are playing on homecoming is something that never went live (with powersets that weren't released outside of beta) and they literally released a 64 bit client last month and an update to most dominators assault powersets 2 weeks ago.

i don't know what more you need from a team of people doing voluntary work.

Interesting... I didnt know any of this to be honest

which is what a licensed server would fix i think.
    more visibility into what is going on, maybe a roadmap and more advertisement. and who knows, maybe a dedicated full team of devs instead of people doing it as a hobby down the line.