Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which old MMO would you like to see re-launch as a full-blown VR title?

fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
Which old MMO would you like to see re-launch as a full-blown VR title?

Comments

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    I don't want VR in the first place. 
    At least not until it's done with implants and a sensory deprivation tank. 

"Hold my calls!" 

Once upon a time....

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Hard pass by me on VR.  Not until the headset is so minimalistic I don't even know it is there. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Are we talking about fantasy VR where immersion is perfect, you control the game with your mind, and you don't even notice the tech?

Or are we talking about the crappy, clunky, unimmersive, and limited VR we actually have?
    Orthelian
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    When we get to the point of .hack //sign VR then I'd say Lineage II, the world alone would be an experience.
    [Deleted User]
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Amathe said:
    Hard pass by me on VR.  Not until the headset is so minimalistic I don't even know it is there. 
    I think room projection would be great. A spherical room that rotated with your movement.  
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    VR pretty much sucks, no none thank you.
    Agent_JosephQuicksandXarko
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    None

Agent_Joseph
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    currently as it is, VR sucks.  The games suck for VR as well.  So none.
    Agent_JosephQuicksand
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Earth and Beyond.
    [Deleted User]minyaen
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    City of Heroes - I think that Super Strength & Super Jump would be mind boggling experiences in VR.
    [Deleted User]ZoeMcCloskeyultimateduck

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Come on, people.  You're not thinking hard enough about this.  Which old MMO would you like to re-launch?  If it comes back as a VR title, then it comes back.  So you could use this as an excuse to request whichever MMO that has shut down you want back.
    ScotGladDogQuicksand
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    VR currently isn't really that good.  MMOs require me to spend hours and hours in the game, I can't stand wearing VR headsets for more than 20 minutes, eye strain, neck cramps, headaches, etc.  Just not worth it.
    Quicksand
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    honestly none, VR makes me want to vomit for any play session beyond a hour. I couldn't imagine a WOW raid or a night of farming in Azeroth without a vertigo induced nightmare
    Mendelelocke
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Pretty much none.  VR has too far to go for me to be comfortable with it.  Far too many people won't even use in-game voice chat for me to believe that they would use a VR device.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    edited September 2019
    Most of you seem to not like VR. I tried out VR not too long ago and was completely blown away. What an amazing experience. I'm wondering if some of you have really got to experience the good VR and not one of those cheap / silly phone helmet kits.
    elockeOrthelian
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    GladDog said:
    City of Heroes - I think that Super Strength & Super Jump would be mind boggling experiences in VR.

Yeah! Flying around or even that jump would be insane. Heck. Even flying around on a dragon via WoW would be sweet.
    ultimateduck
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Microsoft Allegiance
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    fcwedd said:
    Most of you seem to not like VR. I tried out VR not too long ago and was completely blown away. What an amazing experience. I'm wondering if some of you have really got to experience the good VR and not one of those cheap / silly phone helmet kits.
    It's not that we don't like it, it's that we don't want to do all of our gaming that way...A few minutes here and there fine.
    elockePhaserlight
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Hashbrick said:
    When we get to the point of .hack //sign VR then I'd say Lineage II, the world alone would be an experience.
    We are currently at .hack// level.  .Hack// is HMD head mounted display and that's what VR are right now.

As for the game , i want to see fantasy star online 2 go VR .
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    VR sucks, but give me Vanguard back.
    elocke
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Anarchy Online
    Jackal-79

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    fcwedd said:
    There's so many flaws with VR still, sadly.
    The way the game is developed can, by itself, make a person sick.  It doesn't even have to be a flaw of VR.  It can just as easily be game design flaws that don't mesh with VR.

There's just so many moving parts.  I love VR.  I don't get motion sickness, typically, but some (poorly designed) games have made me woozy.

On topic:
    It'd be really hard to pick one, since most MMOs aren't first-person titles.  It's kind of hard to picture what some of those worlds would look like in first-person immersion.

Even though, the level design isn't my favorite, I'm going to say FF14 would be a good VR title.  They have so many little details and beautiful environments.  I love the attention to detail in that game.

I don't think very many old MMOs would make very good VR titles, though.  You kind of need a game designed specifically for that perspective.
    fcwedd
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    ESO VR would be interesting. But maybe Darkfall. Something open world. But I hate FFA. So perhaps,,, idk. Nvm
    fcwedd

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    VR has so far to go that the "old mmo worthy of being re-launched" hasn't been re-leased yet!
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    iixviiiix said:
    Hashbrick said:
    We are currently at .hack// level.  .Hack// is HMD head mounted display and that's what VR are right now.

As for the game , i want to see fantasy star online 2 go VR .
    We aren't, you lay down you go unconscious and your mind is the control.  Did you even watch it?
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.