Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats that sound? You favorite!

What MMO has the best or you favorite sound? Many MMO no sound or bad sound, but some very good sound.

For me WoW best sound and music, FFXIV tied with WoW. I favorite sound and I favorite music. Very good sound in both.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited September 2019
    1) World of Warcraft Elf area music, and music played in all the Alliance Inns.  

2) Everquest 2,  The orchestra and flute music gets me every time.

3) Most Vanguard music.

Everything else sucks.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited September 2019
    Planetside 2 NC faction theme music, by far the best.

I usually turn the music off in MMO's as it's just annoying more often than not.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Vanguard music
    delete5230

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    when bots invade mmorpg forums
    If your not opposing, your nasty to people... one or the other.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    DMKano said:
    when bots invade mmorpg forums
    If your not opposing, your nasty to people... one or the other.
    If you are (or You're) not posting, you are (or You're) nasty to people...one or the other.

Your is the possessive form. It can be used like this: If you are not posting topics, YOUR responses are quite nasty. See the difference there?

But as an aside, you are correct, but be aware of messing with an "insider" (lol) as he can...well do nothing really, but yeah just ask him, he has all the inside scoop...as long as it was already published on another site.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    edited September 2019
    I agree that WoW had great music.
    I haven't played a lot of MMOs, or games in general, but I do have a favorite. Since UO was really the first truly massive game, and kicked it all into low gear, and was my first MMO, the opening movies gripped me and stays my number one. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krk80PdJ_m0

And then there was "Stones"

Written by a husband and wife team of GMs, originally for a SP Ultima game and then used in UO.
    Sadly, the lady died of cancer, and this is the shrine to GM Gwenno that was placed in the game, near the Shrine of Honor, with "Stones" playing. 

Edit: Well, that one's not working so here's another.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMDrzzjgLBchttp://  

Once upon a time....

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There are very few music scores that when you hear them it is automatic,even if not played the game in years.
    That for me is To Zanarkand from FFX.You can also feel the passion in the music as it fits the setting.

Square Enix has long been very much into high quality music scores for their games over the years using orchestra;s and taking it seriously.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wouldnt know,  first thing I do with any game is turn off any sort of background music.

Hatefullmklinic

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Favorite sound effect.....DING!
    Hatefull
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Always loved the background sounds in Lineage 2.  It really sounded like a living world.  Music never really stood out.
    Hatefull

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Asherons Call Drudge Death sound was/is just always a great sound ..

Ultima Online Lich sounds always make your heart skip a beat

Also the chicken sound in UO always sent you racing looking for the chicken that was nearby for the feathers ..
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2019
    ArcheAge character creation music... sexy stuff.

LOTRO for best music overall, no contest. Tom Bombadil tune will always be my house music.

Not sure about best sound effects.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    edited September 2019
    Scorchien said:
    Asherons Call Drudge Death sound was/is just always a great sound ..

Ultima Online Lich sounds always make your heart skip a beat

Also the chicken sound in UO always sent you racing looking for the chicken that was nearby for the feathers ..
    What about the UO sound of a Guard teleporting in and Whacking you suddenly? 
    Talk about jumping out of your seat. 

Once upon a time....

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Kyleran said:
    Wouldnt know,  first thing I do with any game is turn off any sort of background music.

You are so strange . . . I love it.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I tend to enjoy music in games except in entropia, but i even like the music in starcraft 2 especially the western stuff.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    a sheep sound

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My top three favorites are:

1.EQ 1 (which still haunts me)
    2.GW 2
    3.WoW

Honestly, I have been very impressed with how good the soundtracks are for video games overall. It's an area where you might think they would cut costs, but usually they don't. I can't think of any games I have played where I disliked the music.
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    EQ1 for me.  I remember being amazed at the sound that game pushed out of my computer's speakers in 1999.  Prior, non-MMO games had poor quality, non-original sound, usually played through some generic MIDI software.  EQ1 had original music, well orchestrated, that sounded like real musicians were playing the themes on real instruments.  Since there were so many load screens and Mendel tended to die with alarming frequency, I got to hear the music quite a lot.  It made the game have a tangible atmosphere in areas.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    FFXI, WoW, GW2, EQ2 and sometimes Lotro, depending on the zone, some zones the music sounds like a mash of carnival music and it's awful, other areas it's phenomenal orchestral or folk acoustic music, so good.
    Besides great music, I've always liked to listen for MOBs and danger signs. 
    I also like sounds that add atmosphere. Jungle birds and monkeys, water falls, crickets, roosters at sunrise, songbirds, footsteps that fit the terrain, etc. 

Nothing new in that, but I would like to see "sound" enhanced even more. 

Once upon a time....