Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Touring Star Citizen's Biggest Ship (Star Trek Enterprise style)

2»

Comments

  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,210
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

    If a repair/refuel station needs stock it is wanted to use the game mission board system to generate a mission that X location needs Y resource/product, players take those missions get paid by the game to supply stocks, if players do not then it's designed so AI could undertake those missions.

    My understanding from it is that shops are not set to have unlimited supplies, set to be a supply & demand, they need deliveries to be made with the products they sell per location, and the item prices are to fluctuate based on that.
    I don't think people that need to refuel are going to want to wait for a miner to hopefully sell ore at their particular gas station then wait even more until this "AI" decides orders are not being filled.
    Come home, North Man.

    Rolling for Spicy.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,269
    edited August 25
    Wizardry said:
    Going to repeat the obvious,you should NOT be able to buy ships magically out of thin air.
    The game should have some depth,some effort put into it ,to allow players to role play as a pilot/person in a world.
    You should have to train,learn how to build and in the end you or perhaps others alongside can gather resources and build a ship to use in the world.Of course you would need a tool shed,a base to do the constructing and again NOT BOUGHT magically out of thin air by a NON WORLD entity ,such as a cash shop or pledge tier.

    This is what i call a FILTHY way to design a game and monetize it.
    Ah this comment is so E. E. "Doc" Smith. Crash land on planet. Teach primitive natives to mine. Then smelt metal. The make nails, electronics, plastics ... until finally - 3 cheers - a flyable spaceship once more. Ah they don't write them like they used to. (For good reason.)


    I actually understand the sentiment but its always been a problem in space games: what lines do you draw? Focus on the planetary aspects, the deep space exploration ... whatever. So much.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,865
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

    If a repair/refuel station needs stock it is wanted to use the game mission board system to generate a mission that X location needs Y resource/product, players take those missions get paid by the game to supply stocks, if players do not then it's designed so AI could undertake those missions.

    My understanding from it is that shops are not set to have unlimited supplies, set to be a supply & demand, they need deliveries to be made with the products they sell per location, and the item prices are to fluctuate based on that.
    I don't think people that need to refuel are going to want to wait for a miner to hopefully sell ore at their particular gas station then wait even more until this "AI" decides orders are not being filled.
    AI is intended to undertake the same mission players do, it is a failsafe, if it is dynamic then the mission reward can increase based on greater need.

    It can be annoying but makes sense, in areas of space full of piracy it would mean what you find in shops is low stock and/or expensive.

    The design on the comms satellites is the same lines if the criminal players disable them the crimes on the relevant areas of space do not get reported, it's where the sandbox aspect hits.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,210
    edited August 25
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:


    AI is intended to undertake the same mission players do, it is a failsafe, if it is dynamic then the mission reward can increase based on greater need.

    It can be annoying but makes sense, in areas of space full of piracy it would mean what you find in shops is low stock and/or expensive.

    The design on the comms satellites is the same lines if the criminal players disable them the crimes on the relevant areas of space do not get reported, it's where the sandbox aspect hits.
     *shrugs* Ok.

    And why is there pvp in this game, again?
    Come home, North Man.

    Rolling for Spicy.
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,300
    #Epic 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    #BoycottChina
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,865
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:


    AI is intended to undertake the same mission players do, it is a failsafe, if it is dynamic then the mission reward can increase based on greater need.

    It can be annoying but makes sense, in areas of space full of piracy it would mean what you find in shops is low stock and/or expensive.

    The design on the comms satellites is the same lines if the criminal players disable them the crimes on the relevant areas of space do not get reported, it's where the sandbox aspect hits.
     *shrugs* Ok.

    And why is there pvp in this game, again?
    Because it's a PvP Game?  Game is designed with piracy on mind, and general PvP.

    There are current missions that depending on lawful/unlawful reputation of a player vs mission givers will generate missions towards the same path for 2 players yet with different end objectives that will easily lead to a confrontation. So it's by design.

    And the trading whole thing is huge for PvP and economy, it balances it, and the fact some are earning from trading makes piracy also earn from it, and that also leads to things as escorts, distress signals, etc... all feeding what is a PvP game-world, if it was just PvE the whole thing would be far less interesting, for me at least.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,031
    I am afraid to ask what this one costs.......
    NorseGod
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Such a huge potential...I think all of us are imagining the ship be filled by dozens of players each doing their "job" and having fun sitting around doing meetings using FoIP...But I have this tingling sensation that will never happen unless for some 1 time RP event to showcase possibilities. 
    I think the reason (apart from all the current technical issues..and lack of release date) is that the game doesnt have the proper carrot on the stick Eve has which makes hundreds of players pull together...Just a feeling...what you guys think? 
    NorseGod

    MMOs played chronologically:
    Runescape,Lineage II, WoW,Tabula Rasa, AoC,Eve Online,Guild Wars, Rift(beta only),SWTOR(beta only),Star Trek Online
    Most fun: Tabula Rasa
    image

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,700
    Pigozz said:
    Such a huge potential...I think all of us are imagining the ship be filled by dozens of players each doing their "job" and having fun sitting around doing meetings using FoIP...But I have this tingling sensation that will never happen unless for some 1 time RP event to showcase possibilities. 
    I think the reason (apart from all the current technical issues..and lack of release date) is that the game doesnt have the proper carrot on the stick Eve has which makes hundreds of players pull together...Just a feeling...what you guys think? 
    We already had two dozen players in one ship for events or boarding action training.

    The big question will be ... in a PvP player organization battle  .... will 2 dozen players in single seat fighters + torpedo bombers be more effective than two dozen players doing their job in one ship ?

    I suspect that from an efficiency point of view many people in small ships will overwhelm even a well crewed bigger ship.


    Have fun
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,454
    edited August 27
    Yea, I'm not sure what jobs could exist on a big ship that would be as fun as flying your own small ship anyways during a combat scenario.  I mean, unless they do some sort of Puzzle Pirates thing where you're constantly playing mini-games to put out fires or grant a speed boost to your capital ship but even then I find it hard to imagine that working in engineering on a capital ship will be as fun as dog-fighting on your own in a smaller fighter.
    NorseGod
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,700
    Yea, I'm not sure what jobs could exist on a big ship that would be as fun as flying your own small ship anyways during a combat scenario.  I mean, unless they do some sort of Puzzle Pirates thing where you're constantly playing mini-games to put out fires or grant a speed boost to your capital ship but even then I find it hard to imagine that working in engineering on a capital ship will be as fun as dog-fighting on your own in a smaller fighter.
    In Star Wars Galaxies a six person crew on my YT1300 Millenium Falcon type freighter was pretty efficient.

    a) Pilot  ................... flying  (and shooting main weapons)
    b) Co-Pilot .............  energy distribution and checking radar (and shooting missiles)
    c) Droid Operator .... shield management, droid special actions
    d) Engineer .............. repairs and jury-rigging
    e) Top Turret Gunner
    f) Bottom Turret Gunner

    But for sure six pilots in six fighters multi-tasking together with their astromech droids were more effective in a fight.

    But it was fun to put an enemy on the "victory road" along the freighters equatorial belt, were both turret gunners together can quickly overwhelm the enemies shields after we softened it up with an opening salvo from main guns and a volley of concussion missiles or proton torpedos.


    Have fun

  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 2,210
    Yea, I'm not sure what jobs could exist on a big ship that would be as fun as flying your own small ship anyways during a combat scenario.  I mean, unless they do some sort of Puzzle Pirates thing where you're constantly playing mini-games to put out fires or grant a speed boost to your capital ship but even then I find it hard to imagine that working in engineering on a capital ship will be as fun as dog-fighting on your own in a smaller fighter.
    Like all games, you're going to be a ship janitor for a corp leader and his small group of friends. You won't be allowed to fly what you want. When was the last time you played the class/spec you wanted to raid with?
    Come home, North Man.

    Rolling for Spicy.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,454
    edited August 29
    NorseGod said:
    Yea, I'm not sure what jobs could exist on a big ship that would be as fun as flying your own small ship anyways during a combat scenario.  I mean, unless they do some sort of Puzzle Pirates thing where you're constantly playing mini-games to put out fires or grant a speed boost to your capital ship but even then I find it hard to imagine that working in engineering on a capital ship will be as fun as dog-fighting on your own in a smaller fighter.
    Like all games, you're going to be a ship janitor for a corp leader and his small group of friends. You won't be allowed to fly what you want. When was the last time you played the class/spec you wanted to raid with?
    Hmm.... to answer that question, that would be "Before I reach endgame" I guess.  And after I reach end-game, not being able to play how I want anymore tends to be a factor (not the only factor, but a factor) in me quitting most games.  Which I guess is close enough or equal to the point you're making.

    Though my own point was that it'll probably be the opposite.  That no one will be forced to be a Janitor because individual clanmates flying what they want will probably be the more meta and powerful choice.

    Unless you WANT to be a janitor, in which case, I wouldn't be surprised if we had situations where guild leaders would say "NO.  Too bad.  Go fly an individual fighter!"

    I mean, unless hired NPC janitors really suck or something.

    Not that I expect any of this to ever come to fruition.  I suppose the truest point is that if it somehow DOES come to fruition, it's going to be hell to try to balance it all properly.  Especially when factors like "What if you can't find anyone who wants to be a janitor?" crop up.
    NorseGod
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,298
    890J Capital Ship Take Off
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,298
    An Architect Reviews the 890J Super Yacht - Star …:
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,298
    edited September 7
    Awesome ship deserves an awesome comercial  B)


    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Erillion
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,700
    Someone liked „The 5th Element“ and „The Great Gatsby“ me seems ;-) 


    Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 3,880
    Babuinix said:
    An Architect Reviews the 890J Super Yacht - Star …:
    The nail clipper is coming for you!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 3,880
    Erillion said:
    Someone liked „The 5th Element“ and „The Great Gatsby“ me seems ;-) 


    Have fun
    I’m thinking someone is poking fun at CI and I’d say at least 60% of the fans have no clue and Roberts is probably clueless as well
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,298
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,197
    A Star Citizen full release or Donald Trump's space force...Any bets on which one we see first?
    ErillionBabuinix

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Sign In or Register to comment.