Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Designed to be fun on a gamepad"

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 18,964
    This is as opposed to all the game developers who design games to be crap on a game pad? Get to launch, then we will decide how much "fun" to play CoE is.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Thane said:
    inferior controls, and most likely they will end with like 8 skill at a time max.

not my mmo.
    inferior only for people who play better with something else so that one is just preference. If they add only about 8 skills just because of the gamepad they they just suck at their job. FFXIV let you map 80+ buttons on the PS4 controller. Yes, 80+ and you can use all of them in real time. The same 80+ available on PC by enabling extra hotbars. But Square Enix have the money to make kb/m and gamepad play perfectly fine without screwing up UI or gameplay. These guys probably don't.
    While it is true you can map a lot of commands to the controller in FFXIV, i would not say it is all that easy to do so, or that it is not more cumbersome than using m/kb, i've tried both as i have it on ps4 as well as pc - you can play the same account on both after all.
    The more things you have on your hot bar, the slower it becomes, as with PC you only have to mouse click, with gamepad you have to remember which hotbar is selected in order to even use a skill assigned to it, it does work on the PS4 very well, but to say that the gamepads are the equal of m/kb would be misleading, though SE have done very well in 'narrowing' the gap as much as they have, there is still however, a gap that only a few exceptional players are able to close, the m/kb option does not require half as much 'skill' as using the gamepad however, which makes it far easier to play the game by comparison. :/
    Kyleran
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 554
    Not read this whole thread because I'm busy with rl stuff today.

I saw mention of the controller and when it was first mentioned.
    I can say with 100% certainty it was 2016 pre Kickstarter
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 15,468
    AnOldFart said:
    Not read this whole thread because I'm busy with rl stuff today.

I saw mention of the controller and when it was first mentioned.
    I can say with 100% certainty it was 2016 pre Kickstarter
    It’s actually on the Kickstarter FAQ.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 554
    OMFG something in the ks page that they are still doing...
    Slapshot1188
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,146
    Slight change of subject but I prefer fewer active options. I remember the days of eq where you had to read a spell into your spell bar and there were few options. Given that there should be a large selection and no best in slot ability I think it creates a lot of build diversity within the same class.