Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Adds Subscription Plan To Give Players Another Way To Play The MMO - MMORPG.com

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Iselin said:
    Another style over substance MMO with sexualized little girls that is F2P in Korea and B2P in the West with a "promise" of the cash shop here not being as over the top P2W as the Korean version... I'm having a strong sense of deja vu here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgaaRmgBbs

Deja vu idd:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7470447#Comment_7470447
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7500122#Comment_7500122

Seems you got a thing with little girls 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2019
    Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:
    Another style over substance MMO with sexualized little girls that is F2P in Korea and B2P in the West with a "promise" of the cash shop here not being as over the top P2W as the Korean version... I'm having a strong sense of deja vu here :)

Deja vu idd:

You're absolutely right. I definitely do have a thing about the pedo fascination with sexualized little girls in some games and eastern comics. I am tolerant about a lot of things from cultures other than my own but I draw the line there.

It's amazing to me that a lot of you don't and even go so far as having bloody avatars promoting that shit.
    Balticthunder
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:

Deja vu idd:

You're absolutely right. I definitely do have a thing about the pedo fascination with sexualized little girls in some games and eastern comics. I am tolerant about a lot of things from cultures other than my own but I draw the line there.

It's amazing to me that a lot of you don't and even go so far as having bloody avatars promoting that shit.
    I'm definitely not defending this game but I will say the game isn't as 'loli' intensive as some people are thinking. Alot of the 'good' astells are actually full sized or creatures, so people using 'lolis' that late in the game are honestly doing it cause they want to, which again goes back to your point that it can be a breeding ground for pedos. Unfortunately, this is true for most games that originate from the eastern market, which has an unhealthy obsession for small girls (Tera/Blade and Soul being the most primed mmorpgs on the market today that do this).
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:

Deja vu idd:

I know I am, just don'let it control your life m8.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    One more WoW clone destined for a painful death. I hope developers learn.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited September 2019

All the astel are loli, It's fine if you are into loli's I guess. It's loli's to the extreme.

Fanservice helps sales in Korea and Japan. So it is the norm over there, and I prefer this oriental artstyle over the ugly MMOs from the west.
  • teus130teus130 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This game don't have anything special, is a aura kingdom with simple class system, classic gameplay and better graphics, isn't a new mmo, just a lot of copy paste
    Hariken
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    You would have to pay me to play this game....I played in a beta and hated it.  I just found it very tedious and boring
    [Deleted User]
  • KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I play Black Desert and I played Astellia CB and I say it's not a game to pay for.
    [Deleted User]
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    edited September 2019
    I subbed to ESO and get enough points every month to "buy" the DLC's for free. So in effect, I get the whole game and any new content for the price of a sub.

That seems to be a decent model to me.
    [Deleted User]

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    In other words, they didn't sell enough pre-orders and they are worried about pushing out a dead game.

The pre-order packages are pay to win.
    -The optional subscription is barely optional when it comes with more exp, more dungeon tickets, etc.
    Dungeon tickets are pay to win.
    -Removing them and adding them into another section of the store for a different currency is not removing them.
    All in game armor looks like trash so they can spend more time designing 20$ cash shop costumes.
    -20$ costumes are full sets, 0 customization = 1000 clones running around town.

When you triple dip with a box price, a sub fee, and a cash shop. Your house should burn down.

Don't support this kind of behavior.
    [Deleted User]kenguru23[Deleted User]
  • RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49
    This may sound like an inventive idea, but it's a sign that the game's preorders are low as all hell.

I was on the fence leaning towards a no due to budgetary reasons, but now it's just a hard no.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    vaporware

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Tokken said:
    vaporware
    The game exists, therefore, it isn't vaporware.

It's shovelware.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Lol this is even beyond stupidity. Giving Goldseller a way to create spam bots without paying the full price instead of a chat/trade restricted trial.
    Paying $10 per spambot that you get banned would be cost-prohibitive for gold sellers.  If you're "paying" for a game via credit card fraud anyway, then why do you care if the fraudulent charge to someone else's card is $10 or $50?
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21

Viper482 said:

Astellia Unchained lul

Anyone who supports Archeage unchained has no business calling out any other game. Yea...you.

Noob always complain. See yah on Unchained noob :3
    alkarionlog
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Vrika said:
    Quizzical said:
    They have to charge for something.  I think having your choice of buy to play or a subscription is about the least offensive business model for games that there is.
    It wouldn't be offensive if that were all, but they're also selling stuff like more dungeon runs, and unseal items if you want to sell your equipment to other players.

It looks like Astellia is a game that allows you to level up at the price of box/subscription, but at the end-game you're expected to keep make additional purchases if you want to keep up with others.
    Are there details of exactly what they charge for somewhere?  Some other games I've played had limits on dungeon runs or whatever, but the limit was set so high that most players would never be affected.  All that it really affected was people who wanted to start a dungeon, do something quickly right at the start of it, then reset the dungeon and repeat.

Now, the details matter, of course.  If they're saying that you can't do dungeons at all unless you pay extra, that's a problem.  But if it's some narrow thing to interfere with farmer bots and will never affect normal gameplay, so what?
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    DMKano said:
    Aeander said:
    Tokken said:
    vaporware
    The game exists, therefore, it isn't vaporware.

It's shovelware.

I'd say crapware at best
    IIRC, shovelware is derived from "shovelling manure".   In other words, shovelware = crapware, if I'm not mistaken.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    teus130 said:
    This game don't have anything special, is a aura kingdom with simple class system, classic gameplay and better graphics, isn't a new mmo, just a lot of copy paste
    I play Aura Kingdom on the private server and it's so much better and this game is just copying it. Aura does have the dual-class system which I love. I have a mage/gunslinger thats a blast to play. And the server is packed now.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the game for what it was, and even got to play it with my wife for one of the CBT weekends. But honestly, we wont be paying for it. It is very generic, which isnt necessarily a bad thing. What it has, it does pretty well with, its just nothing new or novel. 

At only 40 bucks for the base package, I dont see why anyone would even want to pay a sub. It is more likely you will forget to cancel the sub, and easily pay more than 4 months worth. Now if you account automatically switched to "full-paid" after four months, it could be an easy way to "rent-to-own" kind of. Like a layaway plan to buy it. But if you ever pay the 5th month of a sub, you have already payed over what the game purchase price is. I dont get it.
  • AgentRiotAgentRiot Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    think it would be ok if it was only a 1 time sub, and then you either have to purchase or not, while if you do decide to buy it would cost 10 less
    alkarionlog
  • RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I tried the game, its just not worth b2p. Its worth f2p. It doesnt do nothing spectacular.
    Iselin
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Wizardry said:
    If they still sell packages and any form of cash shop,then it is 100% a NO.

sub fee is fine but it has to be the exact same pay model for everyone.I personally no longer even believe in sub fees,sell the game,maybe it is worth 50 bucks maybe it is not.If your game is good players will stick around to buy an expansion.
    300k players buying a 30-35 expansion is 9-11 million dollars.Unless this team is huge and carries a lot of overhead that is plenty of money.
    Even better is if your game is good>>>>word of mouth spreads fast,you should be able to get 500k+ easily with a great product.

What pay models tell me over the many years i have seen them is that ,the devs themselves know their product is not good enough,hence why we see so many varied models.

Make a great game and all your problems go away,well unless you need more server space ,that's a good problem to have.
    Read the article.

This is fundamentally a rental alternative to buying the box. 

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."