Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Adds Subscription Plan To Give Players Another Way To Play The MMO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAstellia Adds Subscription Plan To Give Players Another Way To Play The MMO - MMORPG.com

Astellia is fast approaching with early access hitting servers on September 20th, but Barunson E&A has announced a new way for players to experience the classical MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Astellia Unchained lul
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]oriya9itchmonRich84
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If they still sell packages and any form of cash shop,then it is 100% a NO.

sub fee is fine but it has to be the exact same pay model for everyone.I personally no longer even believe in sub fees,sell the game,maybe it is worth 50 bucks maybe it is not.If your game is good players will stick around to buy an expansion.
    300k players buying a 30-35 expansion is 9-11 million dollars.Unless this team is huge and carries a lot of overhead that is plenty of money.
    Even better is if your game is good>>>>word of mouth spreads fast,you should be able to get 500k+ easily with a great product.

What pay models tell me over the many years i have seen them is that ,the devs themselves know their product is not good enough,hence why we see so many varied models.

Make a great game and all your problems go away,well unless you need more server space ,that's a good problem to have.
    RenndHashbrick

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Pfft

Bwahahahahahahaha!
    [Deleted User]Spriggen1337ScorchienXarkoDragonJockeyoriya9Scellowtexhnolyzealkarionlogdoomex
  • RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I don't see anything wrong with this as long as they split the difference when you upgrade.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Cough, there's a reason why "Black Desert" has been so successful even though it started out poorly imo... Value Pack, Optional cosmetics, free beauty shop, not Pay 2 enjoy.

Hopefully they offer this value with the game until I know for sure im not buying into this :3.
    Rennisaalkarionlog
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Its a patch for wow classic?
  • NachtnebelNachtnebel Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Edit: Ok this game is getting a red flag from me as well. Since they just kept on announcing stuff and suddenly change it way after (pre creation on 12th september suddenly 9th september). No matter if I would like it or not, but this communication is nothing I seek for. Means having to wait longer for another mmo and stucking to WoW and FFXIV then
    Post edited by Nachtnebel on
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    6 months and counting until closure! BWAHAHAHAHA sub model
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I would totally dive into this game but I was only looking forward to Avalon, but the map was meh.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    RoinRennisaRemyVorenderwingoodRich84
  • HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited September 2019

Wizardry said:

If they still sell packages and any form of cash shop,then it is 100% a NO.

sub fee is fine but it has to be the exact same pay model for everyone.I personally no longer even believe in sub fees,sell the game,maybe it is worth 50 bucks maybe it is not.If your game is good players will stick around to buy an expansion.

300k players buying a 30-35 expansion is 9-11 million dollars.Unless this team is huge and carries a lot of overhead that is plenty of money.

Even better is if your game is good>>>>word of mouth spreads fast,you should be able to get 500k+ easily with a great product.

What pay models tell me over the many years i have seen them is that ,the devs themselves know their product is not good enough,hence why we see so many varied models.

Make a great game and all your problems go away,well unless you need more server space ,that's a good problem to have.

Well don't play the game then because I am pretty sure they will have it all. As long as they don't go pay to win I think they will do ok. They need money for server upkeep and paying themselves.... Games can't just live off of base purchase esp mmo's and afford upkeep and keeping a whole team.
    sschruppNachtnebelRennddoomexalkarionlog
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I want this game to succeed but its got to many red flags for me to support at the beginning. If its hanging in there at 6 months I will give it a look.
    Rellzalkarionlog
  • ArtamianArtamian Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Yeah, just pay for a trial and then pay full price again if u like the game...
    If you had doubts that it wasn't a scam/cashgrab before, now you can be certain of it
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    All the astel are loli, It's fine if you are into loli's I guess. It's loli's to the extreme.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    They mean a way to give them a guaranteed income........
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    They have to charge for something.  I think having your choice of buy to play or a subscription is about the least offensive business model for games that there is.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Payment model means alot, the actual game means more though.

And the game is well .... sorta not great. So yea.  I agree with DMK here. will go the path of Revelation online. Will have small following if they keep the server up nothing more.
    [Deleted User]
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I'll probably choose the sub plan, if only to try it out for a month before deciding whether I'd want to invest more.
    Jakoben
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Astellia Unchained lul

Anyone who supports Archeage unchained has no business calling out any other game. Yea...you.
    Roin
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2019
    Another style over substance MMO with sexualized little girls that is F2P in Korea and B2P in the West with a "promise" of the cash shop here not being as over the top P2W as the Korean version... I'm having a strong sense of deja vu here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgaaRmgBbs

Balticthunder
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    "Any payments made through the monthly subscription cannot be used towards the purchase of a game package."

So in other words, if i try the game out and decide to like it, the game will cost me 10 bucks more.
    It would only be fair when you try the game with the sub plan, you will get a discount on the full game price.

This just looks like a money grab to me and I will wait for the next "big" MMORPG.
  • xybedoutxybedout Member UncommonPosts: 58
    This is so stupid. They should rather make a proper demo/trial period. Level limited, time limited, wotever.. plenty have done it before. Just copy an idea.
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Lol this is even beyond stupidity. Giving Goldseller a way to create spam bots without paying the full price instead of a chat/trade restricted trial.

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Quizzical said:
    They have to charge for something.  I think having your choice of buy to play or a subscription is about the least offensive business model for games that there is.
    It wouldn't be offensive if that were all, but they're also selling stuff like more dungeon runs, and unseal items if you want to sell your equipment to other players.

It looks like Astellia is a game that allows you to level up at the price of box/subscription, but at the end-game you're expected to keep make additional purchases if you want to keep up with others.

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    sadly, reading and reading and finally, hard pass on this one.