Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Galactic Guide

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited September 2019 in Star Citizen
Continuation of Galactic Guide Discussion thread:

************************************************************************************************

Galactic Guide: Pallas System (Hui sen Th.us’ūng)

"TRAVEL WARNING

With Th.us’ūng designated by the Xi’an as a scientific research system, visitors must take care to avoid areas deemed off-limits. Xi’an authorities will not hesitate to interdict or even destroy your ship if it ventures into a prohibited part of the system."

“To me, Pallas is the perfect example for how the Xi’an handle Humanity. We’re allowed to visit the system, but they really don’t want us poking around too much. Sort of like that neighbor who’ll answer the door when you knock but never invite you in.”

– Harry Tenny, A Complainer’s Guide to the ‘Verse, 2939

Somehow i am more and more a fan of the Xi'an. Maybe at one point we will be able to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a player character.

Have fun

rpmcmurphyNorseGodalkarionlognewbismx

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Cool, got a video of these events happening in game?

Oh!? it's not in game at all, it's just more talk, talk, talk...
    NorseGodPhrymoroel
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

I would not be surprised if its just a 'discussion' point because they can't say it will actually be in the game for 'legal' reasons. :/
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Phry said:

I would not be surprised if its just a 'discussion' point because they can't say it will actually be in the game for 'legal' reasons. :/
    The NeverEnding Excuses.

moroel
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited September 2019

If you cared to read the text, you would know that the Human-Xi‘an First Contact - the thing you call „these events“ - happened about 450 years before the timeline of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen Multiplayer. 

And the thing you call „...just talk, talk, talk ....“ already fills three volumes of excellent Star Citizen short stories by various authors. This project is more than the computer game(s) alone.

Have fun
    alkarionlogrpmcmurphy
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Erillion said:

If you cared to read the text, you would know that the Human-Xi‘an First Contact - the thing you call „these events“ - happened about 450 years before the timeline of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen Multiplayer. 

And the thing you call „...just talk, talk, talk ....“ already fills three volumes of excellent Star Citizen short stories by various authors. This project is more than the computer game(s) alone.
    At the moment it's about non-computer games alone since the game has neither the system nor the aliens supposed to live there.
    NorseGodalkarionlogrpmcmurphy

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Vrika said:
    Erillion said:

At the moment it's about non-computer games alone since the game has neither the system nor the aliens supposed to live there.
    They have nothing else to write about. It's not like they have more than 4 quests or story arcs.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited September 2019
    Star Citizen is the greatest space game experience I've ever played. It is  so awesome and amazing that I shed ttears when landing on a planet in real time.

I like your sarcasm, it's on point.

Erillion said:

Have fun
    Blah blah blah, it's no relevance because there is no game to make it relevant.

Seriously, 7 years and they are still an unfathomable distance away from implementing more star systems where they might have alien races and languages and cities and everything else that goes with it to make any of this "teenager's tropey sci-fi fan fiction" (aka lore) relevant.

Talk, talk, talk refers to CIG and their endless verbal diarrhoea, Consider this, you would probably spend 100x more time on youtube to get through CIG's talk, talk, talk than what you would get out of playing the game.

By "various authors" you obviously mean forum submitted fan fiction....
    NorseGod
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2019
    If you don't want "talk and more talk" you are sure are on the right place on a LORE thread

You guys seriously! :p 
    Erillion
    Star Citizen is the greatest space game experience I've ever played. It is  so awesome and amazing that I shed ttears when landing on a planet in real time.

Erillion said:

Have fun

Seriously, 7 years and they are still an unfathomable distance away from implementing more star systems where they might have alien races and languages and cities and everything else that goes with it to make any of this "teenager's tropey sci-fi fan fiction" (aka lore) relevant.

Talk, talk, talk refers to CIG and their endless verbal diarrhoea, Consider this, you would probably spend 100x more time on youtube to get through CIG's talk, talk, talk than what you would get out of playing the game.

Yes, I am sure it is fan fiction. 

Let’s take for example a fan called Doug Niles, who wrote the „Void Rats“ Star Citizen stories. 

If you like these stories, you can also read the three dozen „Dragonlance“ books and two dozen „Forgotten Realms“ books he wrote. You know ... these are only two of the most successful fantasy roleplaying settings in gaming history. 

Have fun 
    newbismx
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:

Erillion said:

Have fun

Let’s take for example a fan called Doug Niles, who wrote the „Void Rats“ Star Citizen stories. 

If you like these stories, you can also read the three dozen „Dragonlance“ books and two dozen „Forgotten Realms“ books he wrote. You know ... these are only two of the most successful fantasy roleplaying settings in gaming history. 

Have fun 
    So I can go into chapters and pick up void rats as a hardcover(or paperback I won’t discriminate) and read it?

No? So it’s submitted fan fiction like rpmcmurphy said. 

MaxBacon said:
    If you don't want "talk and more talk" you are sure are on the right place on a LORE thread

If you want to discuss the lore go into spectrum where anyone caught dissenting or talking negative will most likely get a forum ban or post deleted.

Here on mmorpg.com we will make fun of all the verbal diarrhea that CI put out on constant basis thank you very much
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Erillion said:

Erillion said:

Have fun

Have fun 
    Being a media tie in author doesn't make you a bad writer.  But it doesn't  automatically make you a sterling example in the trade either.  Haven't read his stuff, so I can't say much, but I will ask some of his old co-workers what they think....

Personally, I like reading lore and background stuff, so I might have to give this a go, if I can hold my nose over the thought that Chris Roberts thought it was good enough.  Chris is not that original, pretty much favoring standard tropes and fanservice.   See Kzinti/Kilranthi, Sand people and sandworms in trailers, etc.   

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

edited September 2019
    Kefo said:

MaxBacon said:

If you want to discuss the lore go into spectrum where anyone caught dissenting or talking negative will most likely get a forum ban or post deleted.

Here on mmorpg.com we will make fun of all the verbal diarrhea that CI put out on constant basis thank you very much
    I don't know how copy/pasting the same stuff on a random internet forum for years in a row is "fun" but ok :p I can only end in Erillion's Have fun note xD

Despite the spectrum, content is mostly for the actual players of the game.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

MaxBacon said:

I don't know how copy/pasting the same stuff on a random internet forum for years in a row is "fun" but ok :p I can only end in Erillion's Have fun note xD

Despite the spectrum, content is mostly for the actual players of the game.
    It’s funny since that’s what you guys do here. You copy and paste stuff from spectrum or whatever other marketing material CI releases onto a random Internet forum.

So yeah we do have fun since it provides endless amounts of laugh as critics watch the mental gymnastics when something is pointed out as not existing for years and years when it’s supposedly coming soon
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I'm sure it would be, if it ever got finished and CR didn't OCD on everything he wants for the game, then make a new game to pay for more OCD features.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Kefo said:
    It’s funny since that’s what you guys do here. You copy and paste stuff from spectrum or whatever other marketing material CI releases onto a random Internet forum.

So yeah we do have fun since it provides endless amounts of laugh as critics watch the mental gymnastics when something is pointed out as not existing for years and years when it’s supposedly coming soon
    Not really, the game actually progresses, on the other hand, your posts don't I mean we can come back years it's the same thing, there some changes tho remember when your main argument was cig couldn't even do the delta patcher :p it's something that doesn't exist yet it exists and people play it, it's mystery I tell ya
    edited September 2019
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:

Erillion said:

Have fun

Have fun 
    So I can go into chapters and pick up void rats as a hardcover(or paperback I won’t discriminate) and read it?

No? So it’s submitted fan fiction like rpmcmurphy said. 
    You can read it in large sized Paperback Book  „Jump Point Volume 1“. Hard Cover Book 2 and 3 are also available, again both large sized. 

I do not know what „chapters“ in that context is, my assumption is you mean a book store. I recommend to buy these books online. 

And i agreed: it IS Fan faction  ;-) 

Have fun
    edited September 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Not really, the game actually progresses, on the other hand, your posts don't I mean we can come back years it's the same thing, there some changes tho remember when your main argument was cig couldn't even do the delta patcher :p it's something that doesn't exist yet it exists and people play it, it's mystery I tell ya
    This is something I've complained about numerous times over the years. There is very little talk about the actual game, it's all contextless screenshots, marketing reposts and basically advertising. The subreddit and Spectrum are just the same, always the same old crap and pointless speculation about living a second life in something which may, or may not, be finished 50 years from now :)

I can count on one hand the number of times people discuss how to make a trade route work or best method for fighting AI pirates or optimizing travel times from city to atmo or where to find certain minerals etc.

It's almost as though people don't care for what is there right now but live off the hype of what might be there one day.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Tiller said:
    I'm sure it would be, if it ever got finished and CR didn't OCD on everything he wants for the game, then make a new game to pay for more OCD features.
    I think you are taking him too seriously, i am fairly sure he was making a joke, and an awesomely hillarious one at that  ;)
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited September 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

This is something I've complained about numerous times over the years. There is very little talk about the actual game, it's all contextless screenshots, marketing reposts and basically advertising. The subreddit and Spectrum are just the same, always the same old crap and pointless speculation about living a second life in something which may, or may not, be finished 50 years from now :)

I can count on one hand the number of times people discuss how to make a trade route work or best method for fighting AI pirates or optimizing travel times from city to atmo or where to find certain minerals etc.

It's almost as though people don't care for what is there right now but live off the hype of what might be there one day.
    It's kinda useless to discuss the actual game when 99% of the posters dont play it. B)
    rpmcmurphy
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

It took them how many years to implement the delta patcher? So yeah eventually they were able to do it and the fans celebrated like Chris Roberts just invented the wheel. Meanwhile some games have been using that patching system for who knows how long. 

Again its you guys reposting CI marketing material over and over, critics making fun of it, and fans defending it tooth and nail until CI is able to implement something that is cobbled together and then fans turning around and gloating that critics were wrong ignoring that it may have taken years to figure out something simple
    Babuinix said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

It's kinda impossible to discuss the actual game when 99% of the game doesn’t exist yet  B)
    Fixed it for you
    It’s even more funny that I recently posted in another thread a spreadsheet of optimal trade routes in Star Citizen compiled by players - and the usual suspects declared the information to be of little use (to state it mildly). While in THIS thread there are comments that no one talks about such things (it is not true, but that is their claim). So .... damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Have fun

rpmcmurphy
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

It took them how many years to implement the delta patcher? So yeah eventually they were able to do it and the fans celebrated like Chris Roberts just invented the wheel. Meanwhile some games have been using that patching system for who knows how long. 

Again its you guys reposting CI marketing material over and over, critics making fun of it, and fans defending it tooth and nail until CI is able to implement something that is cobbled together and then fans turning around and gloating that critics were wrong ignoring that it may have taken years to figure out something simple
    Celebrating is fun. ;-) 

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Celebrating is fun. ;-) 

Have fun
    Celebrate all you want but don’t act high and mighty when CI devs finally faked it till they make it