Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Livestream Talks Steam Launch, Housing, and More - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

Xatsh said:

model seems fairly standard for any B2P Game.

Buy Game + Premium Option + Cosmetic Cashshop (some b2p games anyways with cosmetic cashshop, some are p2wish) and then a few weeks post launch start adding more P2W items to milk the whales 

Fixed it for you

Would you be willing to state right here and now that you know with certainty that they're going to add P2W? Cause unless you do with some of your "insider information" you're just guessing like the rest of us. If you do have some information though please share it with us to prevent people from wasting money on a b2p title that will eventually go p2w.

You dont need any insider I formation to realize that P2W items are only a matter of time in this case.

All of Gamigos games are heavy P2W - fact.

How else are they going to run the servers when  sales start to dip?

What did other games do - look at BDO - started out fair - and over time went more and more p2w.

Same thing will happen here

Did you watch that stream/video though? What you are saying completely discredits everything they are saying/promising which is why I asked for proof or even a whisper of something you may have heard rather than just speculation. If what you are "guessing" will happen actually happens it will be such a betrayal of trust that everyone giving Gamigo the benefit of the doubt now will never touch any of their titles ever again. Would they really be willing to do that for a few 5k from a few whales? after buying another company for millions?

I also would like to ask you if that guy sitting in the middle in that stream/video used to work for Trion and is he part of that 25% of Trion staff they kept.

First of all - none of the stuff they say is legally binding - until there is a legally binding doc signed by Gamigo guaranteeing that there will be zero changes for the entirety of AA unchained- none of what was said in this video holds any water.

Once you understand this - you will know what this video is about- it's only purpose is to get consumers to spend money on preorder packs.

That is all - that is the entire point.

So they can say whatever they want and then do a full 180 and go full P2W - because dont for a second believe that they care about you the player- the only thing Gamigo cares for is $$$.

And if 3 months post launch that means completely going back on their word in order to make $$$ - they will do it in a blink of an eye

Please understand this, dont be fooled

yes the middle guy us Merv Lee Kwai aka Kroholan - he is ex Trion,  all the game producers answer to him now so he is the head producer honcho of all ex-trion games including AA

There's way less than 25% ex Trion staff now as many have left in the last 7 months 

Ask Gamigo for a written guarantee where they can be held legally liable in court if they introduce P2W items - go ask them for this and see what you get lol.
    Another wall of text full of nothing ..

No Dev house will give such a guarantee and you know that , so you have said nothing here , just blowing hot air ..

Not even the mighty Trion will give .. wait .. such a .. hmm .. wait .. oh yea .. they Shut the Fuck down ..

Would be nice if they informed there White Knight he can take a day off..

Seems now you will be there Black Knight and piss in every bowl of AA cornflakes you can ..

alkarionlog
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    DMKano said:
    BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

Xatsh said:

model seems fairly standard for any B2P Game.

Buy Game + Premium Option + Cosmetic Cashshop (some b2p games anyways with cosmetic cashshop, some are p2wish) and then a few weeks post launch start adding more P2W items to milk the whales 

Fixed it for you

Would you be willing to state right here and now that you know with certainty that they're going to add P2W? Cause unless you do with some of your "insider information" you're just guessing like the rest of us. If you do have some information though please share it with us to prevent people from wasting money on a b2p title that will eventually go p2w.

You dont need any insider I formation to realize that P2W items are only a matter of time in this case.

All of Gamigos games are heavy P2W - fact.

How else are they going to run the servers when  sales start to dip?

What did other games do - look at BDO - started out fair - and over time went more and more p2w.

Same thing will happen here

Did you watch that stream/video though? What you are saying completely discredits everything they are saying/promising which is why I asked for proof or even a whisper of something you may have heard rather than just speculation. If what you are "guessing" will happen actually happens it will be such a betrayal of trust that everyone giving Gamigo the benefit of the doubt now will never touch any of their titles ever again. Would they really be willing to do that for a few 5k from a few whales? after buying another company for millions?

I also would like to ask you if that guy sitting in the middle in that stream/video used to work for Trion and is he part of that 25% of Trion staff they kept.

First of all - none of the stuff they say is legally binding - until there is a legally binding doc signed by Gamigo guaranteeing that there will be zero changes for the entirety of AA unchained- none of what was said in this video holds any water.

Once you understand this - you will know what this video is about- it's only purpose is to get consumers to spend money on preorder packs.

So they can say whatever they want and then do a full 180 and go full P2W - because dont for a second believe that they care about you the player- the only thing Gamigo cares for is $$$.

And if 3 months post launch that means completely going back on their word in order to make $$$ - they will do it in a blink of an eye

yes the middle guy us Merv Lee Kwai aka Kroholan - he is ex Trion,  all the game producers answer to him now so he is the head producer honcho of all ex-trion games including AA

There's way less than 25% ex Trion staff now as many have left in the last 7 months 

Ask Gamigo for a written guarantee where they can be held legally liable in court if they introduce P2W items - go ask them for this and see what you get lol.
    Hell All Devs care about is there $$ over the players....If they cared about the Players they would make everything Free and not charge a penny for anything....So of corse they care about there money....Anything you spend your money on the seller of the product care about the money your giving them more than they care about you....LOL
    alkarionlog
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    People who say ArcheAge is pay to win, because they don't know how to win this mmo.
    They rage & quit saying this mmo is dead.
    Feels bad on gamers who waste their time playing other mmo & who don't know ArcheAge exist.
    Gamigo gave us chance, expecially for noob gamers out there to play buy to play version of the game.
    See yah all in Unchained :3

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Albatroes said:

If what you are "guessing" will happen actually happens it will be such a betrayal of trust that everyone giving Gamigo the benefit of the doubt now will never touch any of their titles ever again.
    I'm more curious which of their titles do you currently play/have played in the past that you held in moderate regard (keep in mind that Gamigo owns Aeria Games)?
    What I'm saying is that right now they really haven't done anything to prove they intend to fk over Trion games customers/players. I'm giving Gamigo the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure a few others are as well. Right now is the time they'll be judged for their actions so why would they screw that up for some box fees and whale money.
    alkarionlog
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    DMKano said:

I guess there's nothing left to do but wait and see then.
    What are your opinions of Mr. Merv Lee Kwai? is he trustworthy? do you think people should trust what he's saying in that stream/video or just believe them to be bold faced lies?
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    OMFG, they want $25!!!! It's a scam... a ripoff.

Jesus... it's $25. If you don't want to pay, then don't. If you don't like the game, don't play it. The hyperbole of assumptions that the world is ending because the game is getting re-released and they want $25 for it is ridiculous.

Personally, I think AA is one of the better MMOs out at the moment, especially if they remove the p2w elements. If you don't, guess what? You will not be forced to pay for it. Crazy, right? You can go back into your moms basement and put on your tinfoil hat now.
    PhryalkarionlogViper482
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Jesus... it's $25. If you don't want to pay, then don't. If you don't like the game, don't play it. The hyperbole of assumptions that the world is ending because the game is getting re-released and they want $25 for it is ridiculous.

Personally, I think AA is one of the better MMOs out at the moment, especially if they remove the p2w elements. If you don't, guess what? You will not be forced to pay for it. Crazy, right? You can go back into your moms basement and put on your tinfoil hat now.

Unfortunately, If you want to be competitive you'll need to drop $75 due to the way systems work in AA because they are allowing 3 accounts per person so as it stands they have done a great job cleaning up the cash shop but there is still going to be a massive advantage if you pay more.

ultimateduck
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Gamigo really has an opportunity here to earn some nice rep points with the community. I don't know much about them, but if they do this right, they could revive one of the best games ever created. Maybe it's a long shot considering all the negativity this thread has to offer, but I'm going to try and be optimistic here. Isn't that what we all want anyway? For Gamigo to do it right?
    BruceYeeCoolitScorchienultimateduck
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Say @DMKano, for how long does Gamigo have the license of ArcheAge? You said XL Games will be taking the game back from them. I'd be interested in how they would shape it (hoping not for the worse but who knows nowadays).

I'm interested in the "no P2W" unchained mode, but I'm also not believing anything they say without seeing the product first.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bloodaxes said:
    Say @DMKano, for how long does Gamigo have the license of ArcheAge? You said XL Games will be taking the game back from them. I'd be interested in how they would shape it (hoping not for the worse but who knows nowadays).

I'm interested in the "no P2W" unchained mode, but I'm also not believing anything they say without seeing the product first.

XLGames owns the game, they can pretty much do whatever they want whenever they want. ;)
    Phry said:
    Bloodaxes said:

XLGames owns the game, they can pretty much do whatever they want whenever they want. ;)
    Yea I know that. He numerous times mentioned that Gamigo is going to lose their license with AA and XLGames will be hosting the game for NA / EU. Just not sure when.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bloodaxes said:
    Phry said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Yea I know that. He numerous times mentioned that Gamigo is going to lose their license with AA and XLGames will be hosting the game for NA / EU. Just not sure when.
    Totally could happen, but in the meantime, i am sure Gamigo will do their usual and monetise the crap out of it, come to think of it, thats all XLGames really cares about so as long as Gamigo is ensuring the cash flow, flows, then they should be okay. ;)
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    mcrippins said:
    Gamigo really has an opportunity here to earn some nice rep points with the community. I don't know much about them, but if they do this right, they could revive one of the best games ever created. Maybe it's a long shot considering all the negativity this thread has to offer, but I'm going to try and be optimistic here. Isn't that what we all want anyway? For Gamigo to do it right?
    opportunity? yes, will they do so? they history of games says they won't, most people here are in denial and with a wishifull thinking on if they belive hard enough it will become true
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    DMKano said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Sadly this is in the realm of sensitive info that I cant share.
    I bet in a year, pretty sure you let this slide somewhere too
  • wesk51wesk51 Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Hi people waiting for the new release we are already organizing an international guild (Royal Navy).

haranya

PVP
    WB
    Group trade run with guild protection
    PK (only if necessary)

We are already numerous, the discord is already ready and we continue to receive many requests.

Join us, send your application to the email [email protected] with a short presentation, we will reply with the discord link if interested.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193

I paid over $150 before it was ruined so $25 IS a fucking problem to me. 
    Viper482alkarionlog

Did you get $150 of gameplay out of it? Will you get $25 worth of gameplay out of it if you buy it again?

Just for some perspective, $150 is a $15 monthly sub for a whole ten months. That isn't a huge deal.
    SovrathViper482alkarionlog
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited September 2019

Did you get $150 of gameplay out of it? Will you get $25 worth of gameplay out of it if you buy it again?

Just for some perspective, $150 is a $15 monthly sub for a whole ten months. That isn't a huge deal.

Dude, are you freaking serious? If you have to compare a non-subscription game to a subscription game in order to legitimize it your point is already bs. I can only speak for myself that NO, I did NOT get my $150 worth because this piece of shit company destroyed the game right out the gate with their p2w. Pre-release the game was amazing. If they are trying to make it right it would be a no-brainer to invite original founders who backed them with $150 back without another charge. I would try it out in a heartbeat and probably spend 4x that $25 in their cash shop for extras. They're idiots for not doing so and they deserve to fail as a business.

$25? I made that while I typed this post, it is nothing to me. This is all about principle.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    XL Games has been playing this "fresh start even playing field" thing from the first "Fresh Start" and fleecing revenue from it's remaining player base.

Stop making excuses, and trying to round edges. Anybody who has been around since launch day should know better.

Go ahead and make pretend they won't be putting advantage in the cash shop when XL is lost on how to generate revenue outside stat items.

People have stated if it was a subscription ONLY server, with no cash shop they'd be willing to pay a sub fee to compensate. Nope, XL Games wouldn't dare do it. Too hardu.

"I will not part with a single coin" -Thorin Oakenshield (suffering from gold fever)

[Deleted User]Viper482
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:

Dude, are you freaking serious? If you have to compare a non-subscription game to a subscription game in order to legitimize it your point is already bs. I can only speak for myself that NO, I did NOT get my $150 worth because this piece of shit company destroyed the game right out the gate with their p2w. Pre-release the game was amazing. If they are trying to make it right it would be a no-brainer to invite original founders who backed them with $150 back without another charge. I would try it out in a heartbeat and probably spend 4x that $25 in their cash shop for extras. They're idiots for not doing so and they deserve to fail as a business.

$25? I made that while I typed this post, it is nothing to me. This is all about principle.
    So much this.

Those who paid $150 should at least get the $25 pack for free.

It is 100% the principle of it - and they are clearly showing that they dont give 2 shits for their own players who have dropped major cash before.

Their greed and complete disregard for playerbase is showing again.
    While it's a pittance as far as money is concerned I do agree that people who purchased the game, especially at the higher tiers, should just get access to this new game.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited September 2019
    I'll wait until I can see what's in the store and what does the ArchePass actually reward for premium and maybe I'll consider it. If it's passable, it will probably take them 2-3 months to release P2W items. You should get your money's worth before it turns to rubbish.

Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:

So much this.

It is 100% the principle of it - and they are clearly showing that they dont give 2 shits for their own players who have dropped major cash before.

While it's a pittance as far as money is concerned I do agree that people who purchased the game, especially at the higher tiers, should just get access to this new game.
    here is the deal ITS NOT A NEW GAME, its the same thing it is today, only with a promise they won't let the cash shop be p2w, with we already know its a lie
    If someone purchased the original game and are being asked to purchase it again, they have a legitimate gripe. If they just paid a sub or spent money in the cash shop and expect to be given the game for free when it's re-released, they can dry up and buy it or stfu and just not play it.

I don't remember if I paid for the actual game, I do know I paid for a subscription. I kinda remember it being a free download with a sub option. I stopped because I didn't like the p2w cash shop and the regrade system. If these have been addressed it may be worth the $25.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited September 2019

As Gamigo are allowing 3 accounts per person sadly AA:U is still p2w.

The average joe with one account has ZERO chance of competing with someone who has bought 3 accounts due to the way labour and land work in AA.

It's a smart move by Gamigo, generate good press by removing the p2w items from the store but don’t limit each person to one account as the game goes b2p.

I was hopeful at first, but the devil is always in the detail.

alkarionlog
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:

So much this.

Annnd here we are again ..

When Trion opened 3 Fresh Start servers the same thing was suggested here ...

And you had nothing to say ...

Strange ..............

But then again we also pointed out to you that Trion had,

"complete disregard for playerbase"

Which you disagreed with ...

Strange ......

You just want  Gamigo to fail cause well  " Sour Grapes", which is kinda  shitty cause there is a community that actually likes AA wants to play the game , But you do not miss any oppurtunity to piss in there fucking corn flakes do you ..

Let it go man ....... Trion failed .. Lets hope Gamigo can give the AA community a game they can enjoy, instead of relishing daily in such schadenfreude..

ultimateduckalkarionlog