Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Players Break From Kingdom, For Own Nation - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria Players Break From Kingdom, For Own Nation - MMORPG.com

Things are already heating up in the political world that is Chronicles of Elyria, as evidenced by the latest player news from the community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So much excitement for a game that doesn't exist!
    [Deleted User]AeanderSlapshot1188kenguru23gastovski1GreatnessXarkoalkarionlogGrunt350itchmonand 3 others.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    The community has already created a more interesting game than the developers ever will.
    Slapshot1188kenguru23Ozmodan
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    This is comedy.
    Slapshot1188XarkoOzmodaninfomatz
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Nyctelios said:
    What happened with the previous demos?! This is not even the same aesthetic as the parkour, combat nor the very first demo showing weather, aging system and the inventory system.
    Honestly, it only looks like a 2007 browser game.  And I'm being nice.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Ozmodaninfomatz
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Game is not even in Alpha yet. I am sure that by the time this thing gets to release (if ever, have SEVERE doubts) that there will be plenty of Kingdoms who's players have left. Maybe even Kings.

Seriously, who buys and picks land YEARS before a game releases? This is what happened with Revival, and then they folded. Same Lead Designer... Hmmm...
    OzmodanJakobenbcbully

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    From the look of the demo it seems to be approaching Greedmonger level quality already.
    Ozmodan
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• seven_deadliesseven_deadlies Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Pre-alpha graphics are place holders so we can test mechanics while they work on art. I've seen delivered promises in recent videos - such as questing, and persona and identity which is a big part of how the deviants, costumes, and crime / bounty hunting system will work. While I cannot say much more due to NDA... as a high level backer from 2015, and before kickstarter, I am happy to say I regained my faith in soulbound studios recently. The project is really coming together and I think the NPC dynamics will be out of this world.
    Slapshot1188Kyleranwinghaven1GreatnessOzmodanFacelessSaviorinfomatzTekkon
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited September 2019

Nyctelios said:

That looks worse than Albion online, Jesus. If there was a basic bitch looking game, that would be it. Someone get that game a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. BTW what happened to this?
    Post edited by Tiller on
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Pre-alpha graphics are place holders so we can test mechanics while they work on art. I've seen delivered promises in recent videos - such as questing, and persona and identity which is a big part of how the deviants, costumes, and crime / bounty hunting system will work. While I cannot say much more due to NDA... as a high level backer from 2015, and before kickstarter, I am happy to say I regained my faith in soulbound studios recently. The project is really coming together and I think the NPC dynamics will be out of this world.
    Actually if they are showing something of substance to the higher level backers its good to know and helps to explain the continued and enthusiastic financial support, thanks for the update.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited September 2019
    looking for affordable properties? visit here at #flatxph
    The chance of your properties being real is bigger then the chance that they are in this game ’Throws bot 10k for non existing stuff.’

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    ScotSlapshot1188
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited September 2019
    Stories like this are how EQ Next won Best of Show.

Let's come back to Earth here.

Nothing is heating up in the political world that is CoE. Things are heating up in the political world of Let's pretend that if there actually was a world called CoE.

This is nothing more than a game of What would we do if..........

Please people.......spare me, this joke lost its punchline years ago.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188itchmonFacelessSaviorinfomatzScottweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Welcome to the boards! You have been with us for six years, two posts don't go far mate. :D
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Actually if they are showing something of substance to the higher level backers its good to know and helps to explain the continued and enthusiastic financial support, thanks for the update.
    I point you to these very forums where high level backers (King even) said the exact same things:

King Detherus April 2018:
    "now i can't break NDA, but i will say that things are moving, and that alpha and beta backers received news that has them excited"
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7314033/#Comment_7314033

Plenty of others going further back.   We heard all about "NDA Stuff"  with VoxElyria (canceled) and ElyriaMud (canceled). 

I also found it interesting that this exact same non-event (4 players "rebelling" against a "king" on a forum 2+ years before a game releases is on multiple sites (Like MassivelyOP). Did someone actually think this was good publicity and spam all the MMORPG sites?  Wow... if that doesn't speak to the state of the game... 

So much for Caspien's statement that he was banning MMORPG.COM and MassivelyOP and would take all his updates to PCGamer.   Looks like the last CoE article on PCGamer was June 2016.

Caspien declared that "This year, we are the storm."  Well, we are 2/3 through the year.  Is the storm really 4 players on a forum made a post that they didn't like their absent "King"?

Where is the actual playtest with players? 
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    kenguru23[Deleted User]FacelessSaviorinfomatz

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2019
    image Peaceful? Right....
    Kyleran
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Sounds like a ponzi scheme with a thin coat of mmo
    Slapshot1188WhiteLanternMendelOzmodaninfomatz
    Nyctelios said:
    Tiller said:

Nyctelios said:

That looks worse than Albion online, Jesus. If there was a basic bitch looking game, that would be it. Someone get that game a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. BTW what happened to this?
    Exactly my point. They already had demos way better than this years ago
    As the Harbingers pointed out years ago (but was denied by the Ivory Tower), there was no actual game behind those demos. They were simply avatars walking around.
    Ozmodan

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    This is starting to remind me of that one game that was full of deception and lies that a mmorpg.com member posted on that ended up becoming one of the longest threads ever here. Anyone remember the name or have the link to it?!

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Greatness said:
    This is starting to remind me of that one game that was full of deception and lies that a mmorpg.com member posted on that ended up becoming one of the longest threads ever here. Anyone remember the name or have the link to it?!
    Greedmonger perhaps?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    250 backers and collectively $60 000 pledged means on average those players have already pledged $240 to the game.

Whales of Elyria.

Vrika said:
    250 backers and collectively $60 000 pledged means on average those players have already pledged $240 to the game.

Whales of Elyria.
    Pretty sure that $60k is just the Dukes. At least that is what was written:
    During this time all 4 of the dukes have expanded their communities, becoming 3/4 the population of Kairos and increased their support of CoE to more than $60,000 collectively. 

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Can you imagine shelling out 10k and have your intelligence insulted by this animated pile of turds and feeling kind of obligated or brainwashed to praise the buffoons that have put that farce of a video together in the holy name of "progress is being made on the game" ?

I get pre-alpha and tech demos.  I wouldn't think twice about it if this was in the first 6 months of development.  I wouldn't think twice if better looking material hadn't been shown before.  But after all this time, this is what they have to show ? Man, even Brad looks great with Pantheon right now...and with 2 873 433 times less drama.

Then again, what should we expect from people that spend 3-4 months worth of time and resources drawing basic maps...
    Tiller
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    lahnmir said:
    Greatness said:
    Greedmonger perhaps?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Wait found the game but could not find the articles:
    Thrones of Chaos/Mourning I believe!

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Another down-graded video.  Would anyone like to put bets on how long it will take before this devolves into stick figures on a solid color background?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Vrika said:

Whales of Elyria.
    During this time all 4 of the dukes have expanded their communities, becoming 3/4 the population of Kairos and increased their support of CoE to more than $60,000 collectively. 
    I think you're right.

My mistake for assuming that it must mean the whole community because average of $15 000 per duke would be insane amount of money.
    Slapshot1188

Vrika said:
    Vrika said:

Whales of Elyria.
    I think you're right.

My mistake for assuming that it must mean the whole community because average of $15 000 per duke would be insane amount of money.
    I think there is a Duke called GhettoMaster (what a perfect name for this game) that has spent like $40k alone... probably more by now as that was years ago.  These 4 better start getting serious or they are going to be left in the dust by the more "dedicated" Dukes.

[Deleted User]