Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday, Aug 30th D&SS finally begins

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:
    As D&SS moves into the "Count" level of picks the COE forums are ablaze with declarations by one king or another to wage total war against any Count who "randomly" chooses a County within their borders without prior permission.

Appears this could upset all of the carefully made plans of those in the ivory tower.

I'm hoping a few Counts deliberately do disruptive placements just to enjoy the ensuing drama in the coming years regardless of if or when the game actually is released.

Here's a sampling of the threads.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32845/the-stormlands-during-count-level-dss

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32848/the-undead-lords-during-all-levels-of-dss
    From what I hear a lot of it is fake drama with alts.

IMHO it’s far too early for this stuff.  The game is not even in Alpha.  This could have been much juicier closer to launch.  Right now the “threats “ are more along “We are going to kill you 2 years from now!”
    PhryScot[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    At least it is hilarious reading it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Kyleran said:
    As D&SS moves into the "Count" level of picks the COE forums are ablaze with declarations by one king or another to wage total war against any Count who "randomly" chooses a County within their borders without prior permission.

Appears this could upset all of the carefully made plans of those in the ivory tower.

I'm hoping a few Counts deliberately do disruptive placements just to enjoy the ensuing drama in the coming years regardless of if or when the game actually is released.

Here's a sampling of the threads.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32845/the-stormlands-during-count-level-dss

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32848/the-undead-lords-during-all-levels-of-dss
    From what I hear a lot of it is fake drama with alts.

IMHO it’s far too early for this stuff.  The game is not even in Alpha.  This could have been much juicier closer to launch.  Right now the “threats “ are more along “We are going to kill you 2 years from now!”
    Only 2 years from now?

Most likely 3 or 4 yrs at least, 2025 is not outside the realm of possibility. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    CCP should throw these dudes a few mill. 
    Slapshot1188AnOldFartanemo
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    edited September 2019
    Ozmodan said:
    At least it is hilarious reading it.
    Gives new meaning to the term Forum Warrior

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Vornair has been full of cunts for awhile. So not surprising they have no more room. Maybe they missed being the most hated kingdom. So had to take their drama back. At least they are all within one kingdom so Caspian can just release some "story event" onto them.
    mystichaze
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    bcbully said:
    CCP should throw these dudes a few mill. 
    I find this legitimately funny. 

Even a bit more after you consider how badly CCP’s other game investments always go (a terrible waste).
    [Deleted User]

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Well it seems like DSS is the event that never really ends.

After a one day extension the selection tools were taken offline but will return on Oct 7.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    That's for those previously unpledged mayor's to choose their settlements
    AnOldFart said:
    Any idea how long that one runs and is called Settlers of Elyria or is that something afterwards?

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Any idea how long that one runs and is called Settlers of Elyria or is that something afterwards?
    At this point, you have to think that SBS has an event for all the players they hope will be the cannon fodder for the high level contributors to prey upon.  They could even call it "the Sheeple Stampede".  I wonder how they are monetizing that?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    At this point, you have to think that SBS has an event for all the players they hope will be the cannon fodder for the high level contributors to prey upon.  They could even call it "the Sheeple Stampede".  I wonder how they are monetizing that?

Well after Settlers of Elyria there is the Dutch Auction I believe, and the Kickstarterversary has about 2.5 weeks more to go.

Kyleran said:
    Mendel said:
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:

Well after Settlers of Elyria there is the Dutch Auction I believe, and the Kickstarterversary has about 2.5 weeks more to go.

You know things have reached a new level of bizarre when folks create threads to praise the Creative Direction of the game and reference a RNG rare item from the Kickstarter Sale as the basis for the statement.  Currently sitting at +11...

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/33589/creative-direction-of-coe-a-bit-of-appreciation#post371832

These are the folks that hated the idea of a Publisher, Cash Shop and LootBoxes.  So now they have a Cash Shop raising literally millions of dollars by selling in game items and an RNG mechanic that resembles a lootbox, but no benefit of a Publisher.   Awesome direction!

You probably shouldn't share threads like that one, impossible for me to not "participate" which just seems to set the downvotes rolling.

:D 
    Slapshot1188

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I downvoted.

Also I believe dss opens again for 2 weeks prior to the reverse auction
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    You probably shouldn't share threads like that one, impossible for me to not "participate" which just seems to set the downvotes rolling.

Think of it less as "participating" and more "injecting a harsh dose of truth" into a thread.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Kyleran said:

Think of it less as "participating" and more "injecting a harsh dose of truth" into a thread.

Folks do not visit those forums for the truth.  

That's why we have MMORPG.COM  :)