Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online E3 Video shows off new Ships/Graphics

HardinHardin Member Posts: 70

The guys at CCP have created a new trailer for EVE-Online featuring many of the new ships being introduced into the game and some of the graphical upgrades.

If you are into sci-fi and space ships then this video will make you go all tingly. It seriously rocks

EVE VIDEO

Amarr Victor

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    No matter how hard I try I just can't get into EVE.  It's the one MMO that I really WANT to like but can't :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• apocadallapocadall Member Posts: 64
    Yeah the game isn't for everyone even though a lot of people will agree it is well made but the game just isn't for them. I'm still enjoying myself in it so i'm not complaining.

I do miss playing SWG with you though Elnator, haha

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648
    Graphical improvements?

-I didn't see any comets.
    -I didn't see any nebula.
    -No new types of planets.
    -No new types of stars.
    -No space anomolies.
    -Same backgrounds.
    -No plantary surfaces.

In fact it looked like the same boring thing we see every video pumped out.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by sleepyguyftl
    Graphical improvements?

-No new types of stars.
    -No space anomolies.
    -Same backgrounds.
    -No plantary surfaces.

In due time my impatient WoWling, in due time.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by pirrg

Graphical improvements?

-No new types of stars.
    -No space anomolies.
    -Same backgrounds.
    -No plantary surfaces.

In due time my impatient WoWling, in due time.

I got some shocking news for you (and for every EVE fanboy). not everybody who dislikes EVE is a fan of WoW.

anyway, Trailer looks pretty good, but I doubt that many people at E3 will pay attention to it.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    I dont know ...

I am a huge fan of  "Elite" and every later space trading simulation.

When EVE came out the whole "Elite" community was so excited - finally elite online ..just fantastic.

But for some reason I never could get into it... even with EVE being a dream game come true...it is just to boring , something is missing.

And i could tell you , just what in my oppinion....

1. Remove skills alltogether - in such advanced game you dont need skills , they are remenants of the old rpg's
    2. Add optional twitch based piloting. While you can still have superior targeting/autopilot computers  -(point and click combat/piloting) you would be able to take over and manually perform some advanced piloting (again based on spaceship type)
    3. It is cold space , EVE needs human contact badly. First of make this great avatars come up as live video feeds in private chat. Secondly add landing on planets and space stations in FREELANCER style , animated sequences not real free movements. And most important add LOUNGE to every spaceport - this time with players avatars....
    This last one is purely cosmetical, but i feel it would break coldnes of EVE immensly

This are things which would make EVE expansion great ... not just some new ship graphic

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

EVE is fine the way it is.. and with there long lasting customers.

mmkay?

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by pirrgIn due time my impatient WoWling, in due time.

I don't play WoW, in fact I've never liked the game.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Graphical improvements?

-No new types of stars.
    -No space anomolies.
    -Same backgrounds.
    -No plantary surfaces.

I also noticed you still cant get out of your ship, nor can you gun on someone else's ship.

EVE is a good concept, they just need to expand on it, alot.  Once real planets are put in, and the ability to roam around inside your ship, your friends ship,  space station, and a planets surface, you will see the subscriber base triple.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

video looks amazing really.  i noticed one of the frigates with some fast roll manuevering.

the ship skins look pretty good. very nice look at the new big ships.. damn those things are massive

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by -Zeno-

I also noticed you still cant get out of your ship, nor can you gun on someone else's ship.EVE is a good concept, they just need to expand on it, alot. Once real planets are put in, and the ability to roam around inside your ship, your friends ship, space station, and a planets surface, you will see the subscriber base triple.

Have you ever seen the Matrix?

Of course you have. You know when he wakes up from his pod? That's kinda how you are in the EVE ship. Every ship control is hardwired into your brain and you are stuck inside a fluid filled pod.

Hence "Pod Pilots"

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Originally posted by SnaKey

Originally posted by -Zeno-

I also noticed you still cant get out of your ship, nor can you gun on someone else's ship.EVE is a good concept, they just need to expand on it, alot. Once real planets are put in, and the ability to roam around inside your ship, your friends ship, space station, and a planets surface, you will see the subscriber base triple.

Have you ever seen the Matrix?

Of course you have. You know when he wakes up from his pod? That's kinda how you are in the EVE ship. Every ship control is hardwired into your brain and you are stuck inside a fluid filled pod.

Hence "Pod Pilots"

Well then, its time to "free your mind" then!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Originally posted by Rattrap
    1. Remove skills alltogether - in such advanced game you dont need skills , they are remenants of the old rpg's
    2. Add optional twitch based piloting. While you can still have superior targeting/autopilot computers  -(point and click combat/piloting) you would be able to take over and manually perform some advanced piloting (again based on spaceship type)
    3. It is cold space , EVE needs human contact badly. First of make this great avatars come up as live video feeds in private chat. Secondly add landing on planets and space stations in FREELANCER style , animated sequences not real free movements. And most important add LOUNGE to every spaceport - this time with players avatars....
    This last one is purely cosmetical, but i feel it would break coldnes of EVE immensly

This are things which would make EVE expansion great ... not just some new ship graphic

If they added those, I'd resub in a second.
  • XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Not really any point in expecting them to radically change the game dynamics. Other companies have done that and it doesn't always work well.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Dont mind Pirrg,  hes just a NGE fanboy and lost his way to the SWG forums.

On a more important note and on topic, the video is preety good, although I didnt really see anything "new" besides the obvious, but since I dont play EvE im 100% sure somebody who does could see the new stuff in it, if their is any.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by Bissrok

If they added those, I'd resub in a second.

As do I. But I have to disagree on the removal of skills. Obviously it will be advantageous to people like us who havent played the game for long.. but imagine the vets. They worked for so long for their skills only to be taken away.... that's like SWG!

Although I dont have any suggestions, I think EVE skills system should stay or changed, but not removed.

But I agree what EVE needs is the human interraction. To me, the interface for social things is just lacking. I know you can simply click and stuff.... but seeing text text text text text repels me from socialsing.

I honestly want to like EVE, seeing how people say it's a good game. I agree in the sense that EVE stays true to its goals.... but I just cant get myself to like it :(

edit : Oh yea I forget to touch on the "jump" system. I think it's a nice a feature. It forces you to stay in one area, and when PvPing, you dont get to zerg rush like WoW.

I just feel that there should be "outposts" at certain areas that are far enough. For example if A to B is 26 jumps away, there is a point somewhere closer to B that is 20 jumps away from A can be reached in an isntant. So all you have to do is 6 jumps, the previous 20 "jumps" are instant.

Kinda confusing but the travel system is the most boring aspect of EVE in my opinion.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

If you guys wanna know the truth...

I think that EVE would quadruple in subscribers if they just added in where you could leave your pod on stations and walk around and go to bars and such. Hang out in your Corporate Hanger and what not.

I don't think anyone would actually use that stuff very much, but I think that it would get alot more ppl in the door just having that option available.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Yes, video is exciting but nothing new except the obvious ships. Maybe I didnt notice the small details. I am an eve fan for about 2 months now; so take it for what its worth

::::19::

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by Hardin

The guys at CCP have created a new trailer for EVE-Online featuring many of the new ships being introduced into the game and some of the graphical upgrades.
    If you are into sci-fi and space ships then this video will make you go all tingly. It seriously rocks
    EVE VIDEO

My GOD I think I just creamed myself.

Damn you Hardin, Crusaders and the new Amarr ships are so sexy they make me look at my Rifter and weep, and the portrait and stats of Khanid are just crazy cool.

But autocannons are still the sexiest weapon system in the game, so NYAH
  • fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Social interface?

What are you guys talking about?

The social interface in Eve is called teamspeak :-P

Playing Eve without voice comms is like having pizza with no sauce. Thats why they tell you how important it is to join a good corp, you need corp, you need teamspeak, this is a team game, it is VERY lonely playing solo.

Even something simple like mining is 10x better in a group.

Incidentally, once you have the social stuff going on, the training time flies. You spend hours flying around in fleet or doing an op, you don't even think about skilltraining. You CAN solo, its very EASY to solo and become a billionaire, but what's the point? You'll quit from boredom.

• apertotesapertotes Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Hotcell

Kinda confusing but the travel system is the most boring aspect of EVE in my opinion.

i agree with you. but everybody that agrees too, we al have to understant that the travel system is needed on EVE for the economy. if travelling was made intantaneus, there would be a crappy economy where everything would cost the same everywhere.

thanks to the travel system you can be a trader and it can be profitable.

we all would love to mine arkonor on 0.0, and then jump with all the goods insntantly to a safe spot on empire to sell the minerals for twice as much money. but that would be impossible, cause then everybody would do it, so the prices would fall everywhere, thus destroying the economy and the fight for resources.

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

What I understand that these are just some new textures we are getting, we get new engine when vista and dx10 get out.

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

I dont know ...

I am a huge fan of  "Elite" and every later space trading simulation.

When EVE came out the whole "Elite" community was so excited - finally elite online ..just fantastic.

But for some reason I never could get into it... even with EVE being a dream game come true...it is just to boring , something is missing.

And i could tell you , just what in my oppinion....

1. Definately no, as it would kill diversity. Everyone would be manufacture, researcher, miner, all race ship pilots. I wouldnt mind if they gave slight boost for new player to get into t2 frigates faster or like took requirements of advanced learning skill down. Imo learning skills were mistake in the begin with.

2. That's supposely on the radar for planetary flight, while keeping current combat like it is. I wount take much part in it as I enjoy slow strategic combat where you need good team work, logistic, preparation and knowledge of the game.

3. Agree that would be cool.

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by leipuri
    What I understand that these are just some new textures we are getting, we get new engine when vista and dx10 get out.

The new engine (the upgrade, not the DX10 engine for Vista) will have the new models and textures, yes, but it will also have new shaders, effects, HDR (maybe), and shadowing.

The Vista engine is being produced just because the current engine is technically six years old and pretty much reached the end of its life. The Vista engine will allow the Devs to continue to add upgrades in the future, and probably won't be supported much until they begin to phase out the old engine in a few years.

//insert sig here
  • HardinHardin Member Posts: 70

I think the fact that CCP are still putting 100% of their effort into developing this game is one of the reasons why subscribers continue to go up steadily - even after 3 years.

Most other MMORPGs enjoy a 'golden period' and then start a slow steady decline - EVE subscribers just keep increasing...

Amarr Victor