Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you Bazgrim, great job !

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Geeky said:
    Grunty said:
    Geeky said:
    Man, people on this site really know how to be total buzz kills.
    Yeah!  Kind of like calling the managing editor of a website "a useless piece of shit".
    Because he was.  This site should be the catalyst for any and all MMO news yet it's more of a recycled news rehash.  Filled with corrupt ads, lazy writing, antiquated forum system and horrible community outreach program, Bill "The Loser" Murphy is a good riddance from this site in the hopes that whoever takes over can make something of it.
    Opinions, always a really good reason to call people names.

Yet, with all what you have said you are still coming here after 15 years, a sucker for punishment I guess.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AmatheKyleranLtldoggbcbully
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    lahnmir said:
    Geeky said:
    Grunty said:
    Geeky said:
    Man, people on this site really know how to be total buzz kills.
    Yeah!  Kind of like calling the managing editor of a website "a useless piece of shit".
    Because he was.  This site should be the catalyst for any and all MMO news yet it's more of a recycled news rehash.  Filled with corrupt ads, lazy writing, antiquated forum system and horrible community outreach program, Bill "The Loser" Murphy is a good riddance from this site in the hopes that whoever takes over can make something of it.
    Opinions, always a really good reason to call people names.

Yet, with all what you have said you are still coming here after 15 years, a sucker for punishment I guess.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah, 15 years and 300 some odd posts...you can see my level of faith this site has held.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,978
    Amathe said:
    Posters can rain, but the fans sing. :)
    Amathe
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I really do believe this game will release. 
    It seems they were saying it will release when it's ready (meaning done).  I think they are backing ways from this or putting as much distance between them saying that.  I think it will release in an ugly state...... As long as its playable I'll be their however I'll read between the lines with all the bad reviews because of the bugs IT WILL HAVE and approach with caution.

Bard procrastinates with games (see Vanguard).  Visionary Realms was created so he can take his time.  BUT his slow process will exceed even his own company, and be forced to release undone. 

I'm not worried about me, I plan on putting up with it (within reason). I'm worried about the shit storm of everyone else and the game implodes within. 

alkarionlog
  • BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    So Bazgrim believes elitism drove first gen MMOs? Weird.

Perhaps for some sure, but for me it was the social interactions with other players, good and bad which used to make me enjoy logging in every day.

Once MMOs became largely single player experiences where players couldn't really impact others I decided i was better off playing single player games.

No joke, I felt closer ties to the NPC companions in FO4 than most MMORPGs I tried in the past ten years, probably why I went back four times to do it all again, something I rarely ever do.

BTW, appropriate thread for a spammer to invade.  :D

Hey everyone, thanks for the thread. Just wanted to clarify a few things about myself, starting with this one which is really important...

Please let me know where I gave the impression that elitism drove first gen MMOs so that I can avoid saying that again, because that's absolutely not the case. I was raised playing EverQuest at the age of 6. I didn't have the time or the skills to be elite. What I really think drove first gen MMOs was the sense of adventure in an immersive world and the social bonds that formed around both of those adventures. I trust that those that follow my content regularly will know that I speak much more about how those aspects of MMOs have had a real impact on me personally and are far more important than any form of elitism.
    Gutlard
    Utinni said:
    It's odd this guy is trying to be a pantheon youtuber but he still gets stuff about the game wrong
    I am human and don't claim to be infallible. But I go to great lengths to fact-check everything as much as possible. Part of that is being aware of when I'm wrong. So could you give me some examples of things I've gotten wrong?
    Sovrath
    edited September 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Yeah i have a strong sense he has been sort of tainted in that like most mmorpg gamer's,they all began in Wow and THINK that is what a mmorpg should be.

If you're referring to me, I just want to let you know that I started by playing EverQuest. In fact, I have only spent a few months of my life playing WoW before I got bored of it. Since I was captivated by EQ for so long, I didn't start playing WoW till well after it had gone downhill. But overall, my perception is that Vanilla WoW wasn't a bad game. But as time went on, WoW started to have a serious negative impact on the genre as it got more shallow and everyone tried to copy it. EQ is my gold standard for MMOs. Although I definitely think that after all these years, something could come along that improves upon certain aspects. Thus my interest in Pantheon. But as I said in one of my above posts, I was only about 5-6 years old when I started playing EQ in late 1999, so in the game's prime, it had a profound effect on me. I played with several members of my family and the memories I have of working together with them on adventures pretty much shaped my personality. 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Well, I hope this game makes it as a MMORPG fan.

But also, so hopefully your channel really blows up, because I'm also a fan of people being able to make a career out of their passions!

Good Luck!

Gut Out!
    Sovrath

What, me worry?

bentrim said:
    Bazgrim is building his hopes and dreams around a game that will NEVER release...move on.
    I think it'd be more accurate to say I'm pursuing a career based on a game that MAY never release. And I fully accept that risk. I've done all the research I can and I've thought a long time about it and I've come to the conclusion that there is a very high likelihood that the game will release eventually. I don't know when and I don't know how good it'll be, but it's a high enough chance that I'm absolutely willing to move all-in on it. Sometimes moving all-in on a chance is what's necessary to get what you want.

Since I don't know when or in what quality the game will release, I hope you'll notice that I try to avoid both of these topics in my content. I just want people to be aware of where the game is at now and what the developer's goals are. I realize many people don't have as much time as I do to follow the game's progress, so really the focus of my channel is just to take what the devs give us and condense it into a shorter and easier way to understand. I hope that is self-evident because I don't believe that speculation videos really do anyone any good.

I also believe that since I want the game to become a reality, rather than sitting idly by and just hoping for the best, I should do what I can to help it. That's why I've pledged and that's why I spend so much time trying to educate people about the game. I'm just doing whatever I can to help manifest the type of community that I want to be a part of. Every little bit helps.

If it doesn't pan out, then so be it. Even in the past few years of intensely following Pantheon, I've already made a lot of friends, a lot of connections, and learned a lot about myself and the industry of video game development. So even if a proverbial dice lands on a 1 and something catastrophic happens and causes Pantheon to not release, I will not consider any of it to be a waste of time. I have a family and a career outside of Pantheon, so I'm prepared to just pick up those things and move on if necessary. But to say with such confidence that it will NEVER release is just... misguided, to say the least.
    Sovrathdelete5230Fangrim
    edited September 2019
    Bazgrim could be the #1 fan of Pantheon,
    He dedicates all of his free time following Pantheon. His videos are inspiring and makes the viewer feel good.  He takes it upon himself to interview Brad and his team and keeps us informed maybe better than Visionary Realms themselves.  The game is in development for years.  Many of us get frustrated in this slow process, yet Bazgrim gives us hope and inspiration with his positive attitude, even when small changes are added to the games development.

A message to Bazgrim:
    I hope Visionary Realms offers you a job on their public relations team if they haven't already !
    Your hard work shows :smiley:

[snip]

Here's Bazgrims link:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDj665Kgxxs15eMo73L6ZMA
    And lastly, thanks again to the OP for the shoutout. Several people have suggested that I get a job at VR, so it's something I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about and here's my stance: I agree that VR's style of communication currently is not always the most effective, and perhaps there are ways that I could improve it. However, that would require me to always convey things to the community on their terms. And I don't really like that. I understand that's how companies work, but as it stands now, I prefer to be independent and just speak my mind, so a job with VR is not something I'm pursuing at all. I think I'd be much better off as just another member of the fan community :) 
    delete5230Amathe
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Sovrath said:

I seem to focus deeply on the visible programming and coding. I can't help being fixated on the idea that it's bad and permanent.  I base this off old out dated thinking by the developers.  It appears they haven't progressed at all in my personal view.

Also, are you a coder? Do you know anything about Software development? If so then "great" but it seems like you look at what is being offered, in Alpha (pre-alpha?) and then take it to be finished. For some unknown reason.
    This is the thing about Delete that fascinates me most.  He's like totally obsessed with and constantly criticizing their "coding" while regularly confirming that he knows nothing about programming.

It's pretty interesting the way his mind takes everything to the most zealous extremes.  I've never seen anyone waffle back-and-forth so much.
    I think we should create a new disorder - why not? they are making up new ones every week - called Bi-poster Disorder.

I really don't know why he constantly keeps harping on their code when he knows absolutely nothing about it.  I wonder what got him so obsessed with bashing their coding ability.
    Sovrath
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    ....but for me it was the social interactions with other players, good and bad which used to make me enjoy logging in every day.
    That's why I logged in for sure. I already knew I was going to grind my ass off for XP. I logged in to see who was talking smack and dueling in Silver Knights Town and then head out to farm mobs, bosses, and bots (they would drop good stuff sometimes).
    Ant caves were my home farming btels....good times....
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Main issue for this game now will be "Is it better than classic WoW?" and even worse in the timeline of this game "Is it better than TBC classic WoW?"

I know there's probably 20-30k EQ vets who will try it but the larger old-school MMO audience has decisions to make.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited September 2019
    BazgrimTV said:
    Please let me know where I gave the impression that elitism drove first gen MMOs so that I can avoid saying that again, because that's absolutely not the case.
    I owe you an apology @BazgrimTV. I took something @delete5230 said at face value without fact checking it. Rookie move on my part. Anyway that led to me repeating the mischaracterization of your views, for which I am sorry.
    Post edited by Amathe on
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

DMKano said:

I think that there is greater than 90% chance that Pantheon will release in some form.

However - will it be the game that many supporters expected - a throwback to Vanilla EQ1 + Kunark + Velious?

It's quite possible that it doesnt live up to those expectations if Pantheon fails to match the quality and gameplay of EQ1 circa 1999-2001.

IMO that would be the worst case scenario - it would be better to not release if it's a worse game than vanilla EQ1.
    I agree, the question being -  released by whom? My Spidey sense tells me this game will reach a point where it gets sold and finished by another company. 
    Mendelcheyane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Utinni said:
    Main issue for this game now will be "Is it better than classic WoW?" and even worse in the timeline of this game "Is it better than TBC classic WoW?"

I know there's probably 20-30k EQ vets who will try it but the larger old-school MMO audience has decisions to make.
    well, that's a rather wide net. What does "better than classic wow" mean?

Because I tried World of Warcraft in beta and never played it with any seriousness. It was a rather dull game for me. I'm not saying it bad, hardly that. But the whole streamlined theme park thing is, well, "dull" for me. So by that regard, so many other games are "better than world of warcraft" classic or no classic.

It needs to have enough content and/or ways players can create content/be the content so that they can continue playing while updates and expansions are added.

The last thing I would want is another "classic world of warcraft."
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    BazgrimTV said:

I think it'd be more accurate to say I'm pursuing a career based on a game that MAY never release. 
    You think your youtube channel is a career?  ...
    Amathe said:
    BazgrimTV said:
    Please let me know where I gave the impression that elitism drove first gen MMOs so that I can avoid saying that again, because that's absolutely not the case.
    I owe you an apology @BazgrimTV. I took something @delete5230 said at face value without fact checking it. Rookie move on my part. Anyway that led to me repeating the mischaracterization of your views, for which I am sorry.
    Understood. No problem :)
    Amathe
    TwoTubes said:
    BazgrimTV said:

I think it'd be more accurate to say I'm pursuing a career based on a game that MAY never release. 
    You think your youtube channel is a career?  ...
    Not at the moment. Thus why I said "pursuing." I like to dress for the job I want, not the job I have.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Amathe
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Hmm. I frankly dont understand the OP. At all.

I play for my own amusement. I dont want to "show off".

What kind of showing off would that be, anyway ? You're great at a game ? OMG ur so cool. To whom exactly ?!?!?

For showing off I would suggesting, I dunno, learn an instrument. For that actually could impress the ladies. Everyone wants to impress the ladies, right ? Thats actually a thing.

And science has btw proven that no, egoism is NOT the main motive that drives people. Otherwise, why would for example so many people go to war to defend their country ? You can lose everything this way, including your life. And why would people go for jobs like teacher or nurse, especially considering how under appreciated and underpaid these jobs are in our current society ? By the way, soldiers dont exactly get rich either.

Amatheelocke
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

You wouldn't be the first to say that.
    I think it's because your a nothing trying to be something and have a few people fooled and I call you out on your nothingness. 

Case in point.
    Just remember people are really getting sick of your negative post too.

Me first you second !...... You have like three followers that follow everything you say and always adds an agree at the bottom for what ever reason.  If I didn't know any better, it almost seems as if you have four accounts on this site.  Your internet savvy enough to do that too.  Why they have so much respect, I'll never know.
    bcbullyKyleranalkarionlogvandal5627
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

I think it's because your a nothing trying to be something and have a few people fooled and I call you out on your nothingness. 

Case in point.

Me first you second !...... You have like three followers that follow everything you say and always adds an agree at the bottom for what ever reason.  If I didn't know any better, it almost seems as if you have four accounts on this site.  Your <You're> internet savvy enough to do that too.  Why they have so much respect, I'll never know.
    If there were his three accounts like you assume then why would you question the level of respect they allegedly have for him? Why would you think he has his thumb on the scale of something so meaningless? And who actually ever pays attention to how many LOLs someone has? What the actual? Why care what he thinks? All you doing is giving him more LOLs by pointing out that it bothers you.

Kyleranalkarionlog
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

delete5230 said: Why they have so much respect, I'll never know.
    It starts with the fact that he can spell.
    Kyleranalkarionlogvandal5627cheyane

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Amathe said:
    delete5230 said: Why they have so much respect, I'll never know.
    It starts with the fact that he can spell.
    And his posts are usually coherent.
    Amathevandal5627cheyane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Case in point.

Me first you second !...... You have like three followers that follow everything you say and always adds an agree at the bottom for what ever reason.  If I didn't know any better, it almost seems as if you have four accounts on this site.  Your internet savvy enough to do that too.  Why they have so much respect, I'll never know.
    actually people who looks like fools and want to fool others in beliving the trash you like is a good thing, is far more anoying then someone pointing that out
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.