Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Ship of Heroes Video Peeks at Leveling & Training - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLatest Ship of Heroes Video Peeks at Leveling & Training - MMORPG.com

The Ship of Heroes team has released a new video called Leveling & Training that takes a peek at the progression system throughout the game. The video begins with a level one character and reveals "what happens to her powers and stats" as she progresses through two levels.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Amathe

Comments

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    this game build around the hyped of COH , now COH are playable, this game is nothing.
    Whiskeydust

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    I cant tell if this game is making good progress or just very good at keeping people informed. Either way its looking better every time I see a new video.
    blamo2000MendelRinswind89bcbully
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

itsover said:

this game build around the hyped of COH , now COH are playable, this game is nothing.

Yeah, who wants a better game with updated everything and different and new content? I would rather play on unofficial servers that can be closed any second, because my time is for a-wasting.

I was never a huge fan of CoH, and I am not able to play on private servers. This, along with the other super hero mmorpg, are the two new mmorpgs being made that I am excited about and feel fairly certain I will be able to spend a large amount of time in either/both without boredom immediately setting in.

SBFord[Deleted User]NanfoodleWhiskeydustGladDog
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

itsover said:

Untrue IMO. I never played COH when it was live but now since it's playable again and lots of hyped posts about it have popped up I've watched a ton of gameplay videos. It has aged very very poorly and I wouldn't even waste the time it takes to download to try it out. Sure there is lots of character customization but so what when the character models and game world look so awful. Graphics/artstyle are very important to me and COH is like downgrading my pc to a potato. I can see the appeal of the gameplay and am happy that people who like the game can play it again but it is not for me.

SOH on the otherhand looks like a modern game built around the same concepts of COH and that is something I can very much see myself at least trying out when it launches.
    SBFordGladDog

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    itsover said:
    Then there's always the averse-to-piracy crowd that won't play COH on principle.  Ship of Heroes is more interesting to me.  The way forward is rarely backwards.  And this genre needs a healthy dose of forward.

RexKushmanSBFord[Deleted User]GladDogTacticalZombeh

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am excited to play this one. And Kudos for the updates.
    GladDogGolden-Ace

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    edited May 2019

itsover said:

CoH will never be updated, the servers will always risk being shut down, it's old and ugly, and we live in an era where superhero movies and tv shows are massively popular, and constant and I think people who want a superhero game will be far more interested in this and the other one being made than they would be in CoH, which depending on their age they may never know existed, much less seek it out on a private server.
    GladDogTacticalZombeh
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Ncsoft has lost massively for not developing COH 2 ( or something similar ) , because as someone else said here, we live in a super hero era where movies and tv shows are very popular! Imagine if they had the brain(s) in 2012-2014 to start developing COH 2 ! By now, it had to be release and, if done right, very sucessfully!
    GladDog
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited May 2019
    This game is ruined by 2 things nostalgia 2.0 and tab targeted combat
    GladDogGolden-Ace
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    This game is ruined by 2 things nostalgia 2.0 and tab targeted combat
    You aren't the target audience, I am. Although I can play games that don't use tab targeting in fact most of the time I target with my mouse but I don't enjoy action combat so this is right up my alley.
    GladDogblamo2000
    Chamber of Chains
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm actually playing the CoH servers, but I am doing it for ideas.  I'm pretty involved in SoH, and can't wait to do my part when the time comes!  I've seen a lot of stuff in CoH that badly needs to be rethought through.  Yes, CoH was fun, and still has an element of fun left in it.  But, I'm looking to the future.  When the supporters beta for SoH starts, I'll quit playing anything else, because for me, SoH is the future.
    Golden-Aceblamo2000TacticalZombeh

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Golden-AceGolden-Ace Member UncommonPosts: 12
    GladDog said:
    I'm actually playing the CoH servers, but I am doing it for ideas.  I'm pretty involved in SoH, and can't wait to do my part when the time comes!  I've seen a lot of stuff in CoH that badly needs to be rethought through.  Yes, CoH was fun, and still has an element of fun left in it.  But, I'm looking to the future.  When the supporters beta for SoH starts, I'll quit playing anything else, because for me, SoH is the future.
    like GD I'm also playing and involved with SoH, but I'm a base builder.  I-24/25 came with a lot of base features that I found interesting.   a lot of good ideas.  some of which could be improved upon
    GladDog
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    I played CoH from the beginning, and eventually quit because it became so repetitive. Now, the old servers look ... old. The game is still fun, but it looks its age. I'm really looking forward to SoH, for new stories, better graphics, updated gameplay.

And the devs are very communicative. The interaction with the users is some of the best I've ever seen in an MMO.
    Golden-Acebcbully

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• snarre123snarre123 Member UncommonPosts: 13

itsover said:

He meant Company Of Heroes. Completely different construction site. :D