Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Updates Outline Improvements

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageShip of Heroes Updates Outline Improvements

Ship of Heroes issued a new update today on their blog, outlining several new improvements.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Really enjoying the motivation (and openness of development) of the developer. Never really was into super hero MMOs but I will check this out solely from the work the developer has put in. If marketed well could definitely gain quite a bit of players that enjoy CoH.
    Blaze_RockerAlverantGladDogwingood

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    The last (?) CoH successor project to start up is now the one seemingly closest to launch!?! ... Umpossible!!!

What happened Valiance Online and City of Titans people? Y'all lose your nerve or can't set petty squabbles aside long enough to actually get your games done?
    SamhaelDr_ShivinskiGladDog

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks good, not sure I have ever used a randomiser but I guess some supers do?
    GladDogwingood
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Why is Gamora
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Blaze_RockerGladDogRobsolfwingood
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are currently in Late 2019. Why does time move so fast the older we get? I need time to slow down!
    AlverantGladDogwingoodTacticalZombeh
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This looks great. Can't wait to play it.
    GladDogwingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    The CCT beta was delayed a bit for technical reasons. They are using TrueSky for atmosphere and day/ night cycles. However, there is a detail in UE4 that needs to be fixed for TrueSky to operate at all. So the dev team is waiting for Epic to fix the problem. Within a couple of days of the fix, the CCT beta will go live.

Why is TrueSky so important? Because once you make a character, you will be able to travel around the city and see the sights! The team really wants the players to get the chance to experience Apotheosis City, even though there won't be any bad guys to fight. That will come in the next major beta test.

They also have a few buildings you can go in, and a hidden beta club to explore. There is a badge to earn by finding the beta club that can only be gotten in this test.
    Blaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Xarko said:

Why is Gamora

More like Princess Fiona from Shrek.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Scot said:
    Looks good, not sure I have ever used a randomiser but I guess some supers do?

On the developer forums, we asked for the capability to lock down parts of the costume, and then let the randomizer change out the other items. That lets us play around with different looks that much faster.

They listened and I think this will be in the CCT beta.

This is what I like most about this game, the developers actually listen and implement stuff rather quickly.
    [Deleted User]Blaze_RockerGladDogScot

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    I hope it goes awesome for them but damn I hate their name, "Ship" of Heroes? Bleah.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Pinas of Heroes any better?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Once again, the lore surrounding the name...

It was in the late 2040's.  A notable scientist named Dr Cornish discovered a mineral that supplied a virtually unlimited source of energy.  This new material, which he named Unobtainium, transformed the world.  With this level of power, plans were laid to reach for the stars.

About 20 years later, the Earth was attacked by a xenophobic race called the Nagdalliens.  The development of Unobtainium had attracted the Nags, and an alien invasion started.  While the nags had very superior technology, what gave Earth its edge was its heroes.  The heroes banded together and defeated the Nagdellians, sending them off to their home in the Glies 412 A system.  Captured Nag technology allowed scientists to develop space faring travel methods as well as weapons to use in their own defense.

With peace restored and a united Earth, the exploration of nearby solar systems began.  These ships encountered Nagdellians in many places, and it was always the ships with heroes aboard that fared the best.  Still, there were many caualties, so a better system to explore the galaxy was sought after.

They finally decided that the best thing to do was develop massive ships that could properly defend themselves, as well as continue for decades without outside support.  Thus was born the idea of a multi-generational starship that could go for 20, 30, or even 50 years without contacting the Earth or one of her colonies.  The lesson was also learned that the ships with heroes were much better prepared to deal with alien incursions.  The percentage of heroes on these ships was planned to be about 4 times the number of Earth's concentration of heroes.  However, the unexpected benefit of exposure to Unobtainium, as well as discovering other alien tech out in the cosmos, led to a concentration of heroes that more like 12X what exists on Earth.

The F.H.S. Justice is a multi-generational starship.  The Justice has been plowing through the cosmos for 200 years, and has only visited Earth three times to have sections added to the ship.  The justice started with 8 sections, and has had sections added until she currently has 20.  Each section supports about 3/4 of a million people.  The Justice has a population of about 16 million.

So, the Justice is a starship with a concentration of heroes about 12 times that of Earth.  In other words, it is a Ship of Heroes.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!