Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mario kart android/ios will release 25/09/2019

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Looks fun

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    Mmmm microtransactions......you all thought your early video game memories were safe! But companies will find them and monetize the hell out of them!

On a more serious note, I think the saddest thing in recent years is that the imagination of children is reportedly going down compared to the past.....yet most of these things a derived by an imagination....
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Mario Cart was one of the most fun games ever. I hate to see it ruined with micro transactions. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Amathe said:
    Mario Cart was one of the most fun games ever. I hate to see it ruined with micro transactions. 
    Microtransactions are a blight.
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Amathe said:
    I knew one day you and I would agree on something. :) 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Amathe said:
    I knew one day you and I would agree on something. :) 
    Yep that is one thing I think are generally universally hated.  I know I can't stand that its successful.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Stop supporting developers and publishers who create these scummy micro transactions/cash shops...easy,all fixed.
    Maybe lucky...blessed,none of the games i like have any sort of cash shop or micro transactions,however when i am on the fence looking for something different new to play,i erase the scummy businesses from the equation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:
    Stop supporting developers and publishers who create these scummy micro transactions/cash shops...easy,all fixed.
    Maybe lucky...blessed,none of the games i like have any sort of cash shop or micro transactions,however when i am on the fence looking for something different new to play,i erase the scummy businesses from the equation.
    I've told you before Wiz... Atlas is adding a cash shop before it comes out of early access.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wizardry said:
    I've told you before Wiz... Atlas is adding a cash shop before it comes out of early access.
    Probably releasing a paid expansion while still in EA as well....
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    https://mariokarttour.com/en-US

Nintendo microtransactions on android arent that bad?

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2019
    Dragnelus said:

Dragalia Lost was pretty horrible by console standards (by mobile standards, it was still annoying but pretty much par for the course)

Although admittingly it'll probably be more like Super Mario Run, which IIRC didn't really have much in the way of microtransactions.  Or did it?  I forget.  How's Dr. Mario World on this front?

Is there something on that website about the in-app purchases?  I couldn't find anything about them specifically besides a mention in the parental controls section that parents can block them from being viewable.

Googleplay page for Mario Kart Tour doesn't mention anything about upgrading your kart or whatever.  Without a progression system, there probably won't be any significant pay-to-win at least, though of course that doesn't mean there won't be stamina systems.
    Wizardry said:
    Unfortunately, it's kind of the point that they don't need your support.  Whale/freeloader dynamic makes it successfu .  
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited August 2019
    Yea, if you're a free-to-play player or even if you're a ten bucks a month player, you're kinda in the "nothing of real value was lost" category if you decide to not support these things.

Whales pay like, thousands of bucks a month per whale.  Tens of thousands in some cases.  In the grand scheme of things, "I won't support them with my 10 bucks a month!" is meaningless at that point.  For most F2P games, you could probably take everyone who spends 10 bucks a month or less in a game's customer base and toss them out and it wouldn't really make much difference in revenues.
    Vermillion_Raventhal
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "Looks fun" Ok we got an opinion of some sort so you get a pass. :)
    Dragnelus
  • Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Can't wait

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Tiamat64 said:
    Dragnelus said:

Dragalia Lost was pretty horrible by console standards (by mobile standards, it was still annoying but pretty much par for the course)

Although admittingly it'll probably be more like Super Mario Run, which IIRC didn't really have much in the way of microtransactions.  Or did it?  I forget.  How's Dr. Mario World on this front?

Is there something on that website about the in-app purchases?  I couldn't find anything about them specifically besides a mention in the parental controls section that parents can block them from being viewable.

Googleplay page for Mario Kart Tour doesn't mention anything about upgrading your kart or whatever.  Without a progression system, there probably won't be any significant pay-to-win at least, though of course that doesn't mean there won't be stamina systems.
    Super Mario Run or whatever didn't monetize things badly. It was a one purchase deal to unlock all the content. Everything since has been slowly getting worse.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    "free to start", that is a statement by itself..

not too interested.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"