Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Rumor May Have Legs Thanks To Newest Leak - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Rumor May Have Legs Thanks To Newest Leak - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft's upcoming 8.3 update has been the speculation of much rumor the past month or so. A new batch of leaked screenshots might give some credibility to the previous Shadowlands rumor.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    The real news is everyone is in classic....
    SeelinnikoiJeroKaneFTrunks21Phryitchmongastovski1anemo[Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    not everyone is in Classic. Raid and dungeon pops are going at the same times and rates.
    FolmenFTrunks21
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Horusra said:

not everyone is in Classic. Raid and dungeon pops are going at the same times and rates.

Not what I heard....
    Phixion13FolmenWhiskeydustFTrunks21Phry
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Viper482 said:

Horusra said:

Not what I heard....
    I haven't noticed a difference in dungeon queues tbh.
    WoW will always be popular even if Blizzard screws up like they did with BFA.
    FolmenWhiskeydustHorusraPhry

..Cake..

• Zero_nameZero_name Member UncommonPosts: 13

Viper482 said:

Classic is dead, wow is dead
    FolmenbwwianakievWhiskeydust
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Rumours don't need legs when they have the media to do all the running for them. :)
    Folmen
  • Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited September 2019

Horusra said:

Mass move to Classic would not affect the queues. The number of players in the pool do not affect the queue times*, the ratio of roles do.

Unless there is a reason why we would expect all tanks to leave for Classic but not all healers you wouldn't see a difference.

*If they drop below the minimum required so you're looking at less than 5 people playing BFA queuing for a dungeon on all relevant linked servers then maybe....
    Folmensupx2PhryPhixion13Aethaeryn
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    What, there's still people in Bfa? Isn't Blizzard pulling the plug?
    FolmenPhry
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Getting some nostalgia time in with Classic at the moment.
    There's still that lingering desire to see a re-engined Wow 2 from Blizzard, but just a dream sadly.
    McOdenPhixion13
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    sgel said:
    Viper482 said:

Horusra said:

Not what I heard....
    If they manage the clusters properly people shouldn't see a difference. The "server capacities" of today are not the servers of 15 or 20 years ago.
    Folmen
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197

Arterius said:

Viper482 said:

Now WoW classic is #1 MMO and BFA WoW is #2 MMO

Blizzard wins the MMO industry by being #1 and #2 cause where is #3 and #4 or #5 or #6 or #7? Blizzard wins by having two MMOs #1 #2 even if BFA is now #2 blizzard still win by being #1 still

Whats with you and riding WoW's dick lately? I thing we all know that WoW is #1 MMO when it comes to subs even if its by a small margin but your dream land if you think its the #1 MMO PERIOD. 

Its #1 and #2 because WoW classic is #1 and WoW BFA is #2, and it is #1 and #2 because it has most players playing the #1 and #2 but not #3.

I however play and subbed to ESO cause my friend also play and subbed to ESO so together me and my friend are subbed and play ESO which means I actually enjoy ESO more than WoW even though ESO is not #1 or #2 but WoW is #1 and #2 but for me and my friend we enjoy ESO.

But just because we enjoy ESO more doesnt mean its #1 MMO it isnt #1 or #2 because WoW is now #1 and #2 and but it and maybe it but ESO is #3 MMO because it has console who play on console games so they play ESO who also play and sub to ESO on consoles.

I also played BDO, but now I dont play BDO. but when I did I enjoyed it more than any MMO, but then I didnt. But even when I did it wasnt #1 MMO but it is a successful MMO because it make more money than many MMO.

But #1 isnt favorite game or ESO be #1 and BDO #1 just because I play or played them. #1 is how successful it is and Blizzard wins by being both #1 and #2

Is this really how you talk/post or are you trolling?
    Whiskeydust
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    FTrunks21 said:
    Anyone who played WoW classic knows it sucked. The grind was unbearable. Not everyone can do the role they wanted with their class. Quality of life stuff was not there. The only thing good about it was discovering it for the first time and since we already did that when it came out, I don't get the hard on for it. Everyone says they want the hard game back, until they get it back and realize how terrible it was. I was there, Classic sucked. I guess enjoy the nostalgia while it lasts.
    BFA Devs trolling MMORPG on a Sunday morning. Listen if my work got replaced with that of the previous guy from over a decade ago I'd be pissed too. 
    Phrykenguru23FTrunks21
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Tenaka30 said:

Horusra said:

Mass move to Classic would not affect the queues. The number of players in the pool do not affect the queue times*, the ratio of roles do.

Unless there is a reason why we would expect all tanks to leave for Classic but not all healers you wouldn't see a difference.

*If they drop below the minimum required so you're looking at less than 5 people playing BFA queuing for a dungeon on all relevant linked servers then maybe....
    If masses left there would be a smaller pool and less frequent groups cause there would not be enough people to fill raids.  

If before 120 people were looking so 3 groups could be made...if you now have only 60 then one group and a half so those other 20 would have to wait.
    gervaise1 said:
    sgel said:
    Viper482 said:

Horusra said:

Not what I heard....
    If they manage the clusters properly people shouldn't see a difference. The "server capacities" of today are not the servers of 15 or 20 years ago.
    I see no difference in people in towns or questing.  Lot of people in chat.  No problems getting group for world quests.  So I do not think retail is endangered.
    FTrunks21 said:
    Anyone who played WoW classic knows it sucked. The grind was unbearable. Not everyone can do the role they wanted with their class. Quality of life stuff was not there. The only thing good about it was discovering it for the first time and since we already did that when it came out, I don't get the hard on for it. Everyone says they want the hard game back, until they get it back and realize how terrible it was. I was there, Classic sucked. I guess enjoy the nostalgia while it lasts.
    BFA Devs trolling MMORPG on a Sunday morning. Listen if my work got replaced with that of the previous guy from over a decade ago I'd be pissed too. 
    One could say some Classic lovers are trolls also....
    Ponku
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    All i can say is, can the last person to leave Retail WoW for Classic please remember to turn off the lights  :p
    itchmonTehani
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Classic will be all but forgotten in less than a year.

That said, there's some great things to be found in old-school game design.

I hope it will serve as a reminder.
    itchmonPonku
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Viper482 said:

Now WoW classic is #1 MMO and BFA WoW is #2 MMO

Blizzard wins the MMO industry by being #1 and #2 cause where is #3 and #4 or #5 or #6 or #7? Blizzard wins by having two MMOs #1 #2 even if BFA is now #2 blizzard still win by being #1 still

I think FF14 might have something to say about classic wow being #2.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Horusra said:
    FTrunks21 said:
    Nope its just the dying retail crowd that are the trolls because they keep trying to prove that Retail is the better game when for years its been dying as an MMORPG because it is no longer an MMORPG.  Its a Single Player Online game that MMORPG people cannot stand.
    danwest58 said:
    Horusra said:
    FTrunks21 said:
    Nope its just the dying retail crowd that are the trolls because they keep trying to prove that Retail is the better game when for years its been dying as an MMORPG because it is no longer an MMORPG.  Its a Single Player Online game that MMORPG people cannot stand.

Keep the dream alive that is it on its last leg.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    No matter how may times I have started leveling a character in Classic, I always get absorbed in the setting and the story. This is top notch game design gentlemen at Blizzard, watch and learn.
  • Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Horusra said:

Tenaka30 said:

Horusra said:

If masses left there would be a smaller pool and less frequent groups cause there would not be enough people to fill raids.  

If before 120 people were looking so 3 groups could be made...if you now have only 60 then one group and a half so those other 20 would have to wait.

The scale on which we are talking, across all servers there are always people queuing. *IF* we got to a point where the number of players was low enough that people aren't always queuing, Retail will have0 a bigger problem with subscriptions.

The fact that the queuing times appear unchanged (actually I'd swear they have sped up for me as a DPS only) suggests that Retail does not have a problem.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2019
    Horusra said:
    gervaise1 said:
    sgel said:
    Viper482 said:

Horusra said:

Not what I heard....
    I see no difference in people in towns or questing.  Lot of people in chat.  No problems getting group for world quests.  So I do not think retail is endangered.
    You don't see a difference, because of cross-realm for both zones and dungeon queues.
    You don't know if there are 20 instances of the same zone or just 1.

They did this years ago, to address low pop servers. Closing down/merging low pop servers have shown to be very bad publicity, so instead of shutting down/merging low pop servers, they put low pop servers in server groups with fulll/high pop servers for dungeon queues and zones.

Was an absolute brilliant move. No bad publicity and low pop server issues fixed!

I myself saw a huge difference in guild activity in BFA. The guild I am in normally has like 50-60 peeps online any given evening. This weekend only 7-10 where online. Rest are playing Classic.

If it's going to last. That is an entirely different matter. I think people are quickly going to find out how horribly taxing and toxic endgame in Classic is going to be, just like how it was in Vanilla.
    4-6 hour long dungeon runs with horrible drop rates, loot stealing, drama, etc.
    Thanks but no thanks for me! Been there done that. Not going through that again.