Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic : World First Ragnaros

NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
edited September 2019 in World of Warcraft
A guild named Apes on EU already killed Ragnaros today.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=294838/world-first-classic-ragnaros-kill-by-apes?webhook

Apparently they are a well known vanilla guild from private servers and ever since Classic announced they were preparing like crazy. And thanks to the layering system they were able to rush to 60 and farm what they needed easily. Well congratulations to them I guess. I hope they were able to enjoy themselves but rushing just for the sake of becoming the first to do it is just not for me.

Comments

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Well yeah... In 2019 standards it is a pretty easy, straight forward fight. On top of that we are not the same kids who didn't know shit back then and actually made effort to understand even the simplest mechanics. Today we have years of guides, videos, addons and most importantly experience. And on top of that for a guild like them which was already active in a vanilla server before this is a piece of cake.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    What is with Europeans and not having jobs? They have a knack for ruining Lineage 2 servers as well, with their no life, world first nonsense.
    Kyleran
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    lol
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    F2Plague said:
    What is with Europeans and not having jobs? They have a knack for ruining Lineage 2 servers as well, with their no life, world first nonsense.
    Better social welfare systems I think.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Kyleran said:
    F2Plague said:

We use different systems over here, our days for example are 27 hours long. Thats why we get shit like this done easily.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Asheram
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    F2Plague said:

We use different systems over here, our days for example are 27 hours long. Thats why we get shit like this done easily.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    And 23 of those hours are daylight
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Harder than LFR but much easier than the truly challenging modern raids.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Is Ragnaros hard? 
    Lol no. Not by today's standards. 

Also considering all the guides and information we have on WoW today and that the guild had killed Ragnaros before.... its really nothing surprising. 
    Even then Ragnaros wasn't that crazy back in the day. It was more difficult to find people who built their specs right to fight in raids, as getting 40 decent players was difficult. 

I want to see how guilds handle AQ/Naxx though, as that was insane back then. I remember guilds disbanding over AQ
    Axxar
  • OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    the WoW forums are in a uproar over this. There saying blizzard dropped the ball but making it the patch it is (MC,Ony,BWL are easier?). This patch when released gave most of the classes/talents there final form.

Goes to show, people asked for it, and still complain. Blizzard announced it was said patch long ago, so it shouldnt be surprising. The conspiracy teams are out to saying blizz did this on purpose so people wouldnt wanna play classic. Ya, they dont want something they invested time and money into to work......crazyness.

Grats to APES! there hard work payed off. 
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    And I should care about this why?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I doubt anyone expected it to be like it was in the actual launch. However I hope some people just ignore all this and just enjoy themselves with like minded individuals. 

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    edited September 2019
    I had been on my second 60 for a while before I even discovered the existence of Molten Core back in the day.

I had been PvPing in Warsong Gulch with a group from a very large guild and got invited to them. Over the week they started debating whether going there was worth the repair bills or not. Soon after, I was on may first raid as an Arms Warrior who took aggro from the tank whenever I did a big crit.
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I was honestly not surprise when I heard this. It was only a matter of time...