Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Is Coming September 30, Founders Packs Available Now - MMORPG.com

Comments

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Fool me once...
    deniter
  • renky77renky77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    - "new Unchained politics"
    - "founder's packs"
    Are you fking kidding me? Really? Gj there.
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I don't think I've ever found any games that receive positive reception in MMORPG.com comments section. Ever.
    kenguru23
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    ArcheAge is a good game. If what ruined the game initially has been addressed, then it's one of the better MMORPGs out at the moment. If I had the time to play an MMORPG, I would do this... but I do not.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2019
    Ryxes said:
    Gamigo is the old Aeria Games, known for p2w and where most games go to get milked one last time before they die. I wouldn't trust a word these sleazeballs say.
    No its not.

Gamigo was founded in 2000. As well as publishing stuff they (eventually) developed and published Cultures Online in 2010. As a result of the experience they decided that game development was a risky business and they would focus on publishing. And they started buying companies starting with (the assets of) Outspark (US) in 2014.

As they did with Trion last year they "acquired" Aeria Games (in 2016). And "re-organised" it into their business model. They (aim to) make savings by using their own backend, sales platforms, analytics, one lot of senior management etc.

so saying Gamigo is the old Aeria Games is like saying its the old Trion Games or ... well here is what they said in their 2017 report:

-----

Since 2014, gamigo has taken over a total of more than 20 assets and companies, the majority of which are in the publishing sector. Among others, the following companies and assets have been acquired in the publishing sector: INTENIUM GmbH (company, now gamigo Portals GmbH), GameSpree GmbH (company, now gamigo Publishing GmbH), Piraya Mobile GmbH (now gamigo Portals GmbH), Fiesta Online game licence (first USA, later also the worldwide exclusive IPs respectively as Asset Deals), Infernum Games GmbH (company, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), the Last Chaos game licence, Looki Publishing GmbH (company, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), Playzo Games GmbH (company, now Looki Assembly Studios GmbH, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), Aeria Games GmbH (company) and the game licence of Heroes and Puzzles (global exclusive licence, Asset Deal)

-----

Trion they bought in 2018 of course and it isn't their latest acquisition!

Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    What a WORTHLESS MONEY GRAB this is. After an initial MONEY GRAB they are sticking it right back in your face saying, buy it AGAIN...STUPID!!
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Shame it couldn't have launched as B2P all those years ago. A great game spoiled by bad monetization model. I genuinely hope they stick to there word as it could still be fun for those wanting to jump in, might even myself.
    gervaise1kenguru23
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    bentrim said:
    What a WORTHLESS MONEY GRAB this is. After an initial MONEY GRAB they are sticking it right back in your face saying, buy it AGAIN...STUPID!!
    Why? Just think of this as AA for people who never bought it first time around. Like a GotY edition say,

People who bought AA previously can still play AA just as they did previously. AA could easily have closed if no one had stepped in leaving those who bought it with "nothing".

As to the "they" in your comment - that would be Trion of old. And for all intents and purposes "they" are no more. 
    AI724
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Already bought founders and a later pack in the original, ain't buying a founder's pack for this game again.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i'll give it a try if:
    - it's not a alt festival again
    - they fix the cheat and dupe things

nothing coming in mmo genre and actual release are just joke
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Until someone designed a game around a decent experience at a reasonable price. where those who pay into a consistent yet reasonable cost all are granted access to a similar yet quality experience, you have a shit game.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    I will give it a shot, price to buy in is cheap and so far outside the fact you can run 3 alt accounts they seem to have removed the rest of the p2w from the cashshop and so on.

AA is a really good game, if it is a fair playing field then it is something worth giving another shot.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "I'll give it a shot, it'll be different this time even though they didn't change any
    thing"

[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Could never play this shit again. GvG pvp was literally the most trash I have ever seen in any game. The entire premise was to throw mages at each other to animation cancel stunlock silence the whole enemy zerg while exploding them in one go in the matter of 1.5 seconds. Good luck to anyone who wants meaningful pvp from this steaming pile.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    "I'll give it a shot, it'll be different this time even though they didn't change any
    thing"

Well they have changed quite a lot on how they monetize it... which is what a lot of people had a problem with.

If they keep the P2W stuff away, then it'll be a gaming experience lots will enjoy.

..Cake..

• WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Noob always complain :3
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Well since my last post was deleted, I'll say it AGAIN. PATHETIC MONEY GRAB, on a BAD game!
  • ZannypantsZannypants Member UncommonPosts: 13
    If they did away with or revamped the labor system I would probably give it a go.
    Can't really complain about the founders packs though. The game is Buy to Play, you're going to have to buy the game regardless. More like pre-order bonus, not founders pack.
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    So the original "Founders Pack" I purchased is null and void to enter unchained. So I need to buy a new founders pack to enter. Thanks but no thanks.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

Good thing for AA Unchained there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Demuerte said:
    there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again.

Kinda hard to take you seriously when you White Knighted Trion for 6 years here while we told they were incompetent ..

And now you want throw a blanket over a portion of the community and call them stupid ...

Pot meet Kettle
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Demuerte said:
    there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again.

Kinda hard to take you seriously when you White Knighted Trion for 6 years here while we told they were incompetent ..

And now you want throw a blanket over a portion of the community and call them stupid ...

Pot meet Kettle

Not calling any individual stupid - calling those who bandwagon and let masses decide for them stupid.

Learn the difference please. 
    Really Demuerte said ..." there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again."

And you quoted him and posted this Carlin line ..

" NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS"

It only means one thing there...

And where did i say individual .. I did not ..

Learn to read ..

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    gervaise1 said:
    Ryxes said:
    Gamigo is the old Aeria Games, known for p2w and where most games go to get milked one last time before they die. I wouldn't trust a word these sleazeballs say.
    No its not.

Gamigo was founded in 2000. As well as publishing stuff they (eventually) developed and published Cultures Online in 2010. As a result of the experience they decided that game development was a risky business and they would focus on publishing. And they started buying companies starting with (the assets of) Outspark (US) in 2014.

As they did with Trion last year they "acquired" Aeria Games (in 2016). And "re-organised" it into their business model. They (aim to) make savings by using their own backend, sales platforms, analytics, one lot of senior management etc.

so saying Gamigo is the old Aeria Games is like saying its the old Trion Games or ... well here is what they said in their 2017 report:

-----

Since 2014, gamigo has taken over a total of more than 20 assets and companies, the majority of which are in the publishing sector. Among others, the following companies and assets have been acquired in the publishing sector: INTENIUM GmbH (company, now gamigo Portals GmbH), GameSpree GmbH (company, now gamigo Publishing GmbH), Piraya Mobile GmbH (now gamigo Portals GmbH), Fiesta Online game licence (first USA, later also the worldwide exclusive IPs respectively as Asset Deals), Infernum Games GmbH (company, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), the Last Chaos game licence, Looki Publishing GmbH (company, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), Playzo Games GmbH (company, now Looki Assembly Studios GmbH, merged with gamigo Publishing GmbH), Aeria Games GmbH (company) and the game licence of Heroes and Puzzles (global exclusive licence, Asset Deal)

-----

Trion they bought in 2018 of course and it isn't their latest acquisition!

as this whole thing trying to say they are diferent? if so you failed
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    DMKano said:
    I'd rather go eat a jar of mayo barehanded than continue this tit-for tat with you. 

Well then explain the comment ..

Are you saying that the portion of the community that decide to buy AA are stupid ..

Are you saying that there are Stupid people that are easily  influenced into buying AA  ...

Just who are the large group of Stupid people you are referencing ?

seems pretty clear from the comment by  Demuerte said ..." there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again."

and you responded with ..

What else can that mean , other than you think anyone who buys AA is Stupid ..

Tokken
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    I'd rather go eat a jar of mayo barehanded than continue this tit-for tat with you. 

Well then explain the comment ..

Are you saying that the portion of the community that decide to buy AA are stupid ..

Are you saying that there are Stupid people that are easily  influenced into buying AA  ...

Just who are the large group of Stupid people you are referencing ?

seems pretty clear from the comment by  Demuerte said ..." there are a lot of fools that will buy it all over again."

and you responded with ..

What else can that mean , other than you think anyone who buys AA is Stupid ..

not only him think is stupid to buy a game who failed once, its a scam, hoping for anything diferent is insanity.

remember the definition of crazy, doing the same thing hoping for a diferent outcome (aka buying founder packs AGAIN for the same game)

Roin
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    sgel said:
    thing"

Well they have changed quite a lot on how they monetize it... which is what a lot of people had a problem with.

If they keep the P2W stuff away, then it'll be a gaming experience lots will enjoy.
    Premium pass system is $10 annually (?) where you can spend the coins you get for free in the basic pass system were "largely" cosmetic. It is the items that are not included under the label of cosmetic which throws up a red flag for me, as it did for other people. In typical fashion they did not address it on the live stream.