Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenith, Cyberpunk VR MMORPG for PC and VR, Breaks Kickstarter VR Records - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

image Zenith, Cyberpunk VR MMORPG for PC and VR, Breaks Kickstarter VR Records - MMORPG.com News

Zenith, a cyberpunk VR MMORPG from developer Ramen VR, reached and broke Kickstarter fundraising records in less than four hours, according to a press release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    This must be G-rated Cyberpunk, like Cyberpunk-toontown
    Phaedruslives
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It also offers VR. Maybe those folks who say VR is the next big thing are on to something.
    TillerHatefullgastovski1ScotAgent_Joseph

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Not too convinced. The way they want a difference experience for normal desktop and VR is quite challenging. Then they talk about a world that can be changed, housing, pvp etc. The scope is that of an AAA MMORPG. At the same time, they say that they are a small team.

Also, they found an investor that put them beyond the kickstarter goal. They are still asking for funding through kickstarter, while at the same time not being clear about pricing after launch (sub or b2p, f2p etc). Which makes me wonder what the bonus will be for funding on kickstarter.

Also, ib4 Zenith is becoming an Epic store exclusive :p
    mklinic
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Simply not doable on the budget they laid out. 30k ish to do it? No. What they want will require at least several hundred thousand dollars to do.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    VR and crossover between PC and consoles all add to the price tag and they have no game as yet. Lets go to sleep for four years and see if it is in beta by then.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    What caught my eye is Ramen VR, (instant noodle VR) how can I take them seriously :D
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    edited August 2019

Not too convinced. The way they want a difference experience for normal desktop and VR is quite challenging. Then they talk about a world that can be changed, housing, pvp etc. The scope is that of an AAA MMORPG. At the same time, they say that they are a small team.

Also, they found an investor that put them beyond the kickstarter goal. They are still asking for funding through kickstarter, while at the same time not being clear about pricing after launch (sub or b2p, f2p etc). Which makes me wonder what the bonus will be for funding on kickstarter.

Also, ib4 Zenith is becoming an Epic store exclusive :p

I highly doubt it'll be on the Epic Store. Epic is pretty anti-steam and to run any VR tiles, you need to integrate SteamVR or Oculus's software to have the headset even work. Zenith is aiming to be on all VR platforms which means if Epic were to get rights to this game; they'd either have to A) Spend time to develop their own VR headset and VR platform, or B ) suck it up and work with steam to add SteamVR support.
    megus
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2019

Scot said:

VR and crossover between PC and consoles all add to the price tag and they have no game as yet. Lets go to sleep for four years and see if it is in beta by then.

I think they mean crossplay between SteamVR and regular Steam using a monitor.