Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Is Coming September 30, Founders Packs Available Now - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained Is Coming September 30, Founders Packs Available Now - MMORPG.com

Gamigo's ArcheAge Unchained, their essential redo of the long maligned ArcheAge, has been given a release date. After weeks of teasing and the eventual reveal of the re-release, ArcheAge Unchained will go live on September 30th.

Read the full story here

Caffynated

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Lol.
    bgzgamerkinkyJalepeno
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Gotta love "Founder Packs" in a five years old game...
    MikehanecrolockTokkenwingooddoomexoriya9Alomartweedledumb99gastovski1
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Seriously! They do know its end of August and not April 1st. /shrug
  • RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Ahah! Ahhhh, ah hum..... No.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    "We heard you liked founder's packs, so we put a founder's pack in your founder's pack... but you have to pay for it again."
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    DMKano said:
    Word of caution to anyone thinking about purchasing 

Gamigo migrated all Trion hosted NA games including ArcheAge to a new datacenter earlier this week. 

Since the migration AA servers have been having a ton of issues from missing NPCs, to game features not working to extreme lag - etc... a bunch of new problems since the migration. 

The AA unchained will be hosted out of the new datacenter as well - so buyer beware

Post from this afternoon on official forums:

Gamigo. Enough Said. Should immediately raise a red flag! Avoid at all costs!
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Gamers really are gluttons for punishment.
    doomex

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Sponsored?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Viper482 said:
    Sponsored?
    Paid for by all of us who bought “founders packs” years ago during LAUNCH. 

These guys can kiss my ass. 
    SpottyGekkoLeFantomeViper482KyleranJeroKaneRemyVorenderAlomartweedledumb99gastovski1
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Quick question. How can you be a buy founder pack, when the game is 5 years old?
    JeroKane

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Hell no!
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    edited August 2019
    [Deleted User]Rinswind89JeroKaneChildoftheShadows
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    This is the new FAD.... put "Unchained " at end of existing / failling /cashshop styled game, you can then sell pre-release packs to the same poeple that probably bought the original games pre-release.

So with that inmind i decided to play a little game i call 'unchained' (you see what i did there)

So we have fav movie

Django unchained unchained this is a story about how Slave who is a bounty hunter, gets bounty hunted himself by a chained up chain gang .

Sport

Football Unchained (us or uk) this is a sport where the name of the game is to be shit. Last years winners in the UK where Cardiff who absolutely blew the premiership away.

Finally

Game

We have WoW Unchained,

This is a new game where you get to go around an large pretend world on foot, and kill lots of other players and NPCs it is known to be a slow grind, they reckon it will be around for  years to come but might out live its real lifespan... 

oh wait.......

but im sure you get my jist

EVERYONE should boycott any game that ends with unchained.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    LOL i thought this was a joke at first.

But then i got it...players are idiots...i am sure they will make quite a bit off this type of scheme.
    JeroKaneLife2vgastovski1
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    They should use "Make Archeage Great Again!" for their marketing. That whole "great again" thing seems to work on a lot of people.
    gervaise1wingoodJeroKaneRoin[Deleted User]Alomarkenguru23gastovski1
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    If this was a trustworthy company I would already have the founders pack and have a chunk of vacation time set aside for days 1 and 2.

It's gamigo however, so I don't, and I won't.

Funny, if Trion had made a server like this at the onset of the game, it would probably still own AA. The game at it's core is really good, the poop soup is all in the monetization
    [Deleted User]Renoakuultimateduckgastovski1

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Credit cardu unchained
    RenoakulahnmirLife2v
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Founder's packs?
    This again?

RenoakuLife2v
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    nothing good comes with founder packs anymore....... why would you buy junk?
    Renoaku

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    Tokken said:
    nothing good comes with founder packs anymore....... why would you buy junk?
    People are desperate unfortunately. A lot of these crowdfunded mmorpgs are being looked at with a slant on the spectrum while others from 'official' sources are either getting delayed/cancelled/re-released. We live in a 2 sided era where profit stems from either twitch style games or re-released titles. Innovation is honestly dead simply because the profit isn't worth the investment to AAA companies.
    Tokken
  • ballisticknife0ballisticknife0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Going to be picking up the Archeum pack for myself and probably a few Silver packs for alts and some friends if they care to tag along.

Even if I/we only get a few months out of this, money well spent. Nothing out or coming out anywhere in the near future is going to be close to AA.

Would have been great if the $150 that I spent on the alpha years ago was worthwhile in some way, but I had my fun back then and will probably sell that account off now.
    ultimateduck
  • RyxesRyxes Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Gamigo is the old Aeria Games, known for p2w and where most games go to get milked one last time before they die. I wouldn't trust a word these sleazeballs say.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Dear God what are they doing.

- Can't transfer my previous cosmetic collections of like every costume int the game to the new game.
    - Can't transfer my cash shop farms or anything to new game.
    - Previously purchased founders packs, and Arheum packs (Can't get free founders packs for same game with different rule sets.)
    - Game won't be like (Black Desert) with cosmetic storage, and free customization as a paid member.

Game will be P2E, or P2W, and previous players are screwed yet again, pus server seperation between new players on a non P2W and older players eventually one will be killed off likely the P2W users will get completely screwed and offered a free game in the end.

Just look at TERA / Enmasse spent a lot of money in one of their F2P games it closes down, no free refunds not even 50% of credits towards playing any other title lol, totally can't trust this bullshit.
    Dragneluscheeba
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    edited August 2019
    If they plan it right without the p2w bullshit it will be allright.
    Still better than Astellia, soon the successor of Mess Online, possibly cheaper also. I still hate Archeage tho.
    ultimateduckshalissar
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    The biggest p2w concern that there is with this is gamigo are allowing upto 3 accounts per person which means if the average joe wants to be on a level playing field with other people you'll need to buy 3 accounts also due to the way the systems work in-game. They dont call it AltAge for nothing.
    doomex