Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Unchained founder packs released

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    I will wait a few months and see how this turns out. As any sane person would do.
    KyleranalkarionlogMikeha
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited August 2019
    Amathe said:
    Funny that people hate cash shops but have no problem with founder packs.......
    Agreed. But I have a problem with Founder's Packs that contain P2W items. 
    You mean P2W items such as "access to the game?"

Don't laugh, access was a very real problem back at AAs first NA launch and I actually thought I did pay extra for a guarantee I would have access on launch day.

But never again for this or any other XL game, they are permanently off the buy list.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2019
    Well, I said I'd get it if it's under $30. Looks like I'm getting it.

I've never spent any money on FTP ArcheAge so I don't really care about the separate versions issue.

Never really played it properly either.. just 'tried' it a couple times.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    People getting conned twice with Archeage packs!

Theres no breed like gamers, eh ?
    Kyleranalkarionlog
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Kyleran said:

You mean P2W items such as "access to the game?"

Yeah that gets tedious too. All of it really. I am so tired of cash shops and founder's packs and loot boxes and paid access and all that other crap. I feel like I should just take out my wallet and play with it instead and not bother trying to play any games.
    KyleranSeelinnikoi

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Dragnelus said:
    Dragnelus said:
    If its only a few months fun. I will buy it, I think I will take the risk. Few months fun for me, is my standard nowdays for mmorpgs I dont expect more.
    for a f2p yes, forcing you to open wallet before even playing AGAIN, not going to work this time on me
    Imo you would pay more for f2p. 25 is not much for a few months.

its not teh price, its the huge F letter in the forehead who you should worry

People getting conned twice with Archeage packs!

Theres no breed like gamers, eh ?
    I already had the founder so nope, I said not going to work on me this time, and only way I could check this game was IF I had free access since I already have founder. if not I won't bother

plus I still remember how the login issue of headstart was
    KyleranSeelinnikoi
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Gamigo is a better third party publisher than Trion was. They are able to operate and maintain games made by other people (which Trion had problems with). They are also much more conservative on their spending, and more realistic in their revenue projections.

Having said this, most of you are going to complain about them, even if you play their games. It also does not mean that they will not close games that stop making money. So, a lot will depend on the contract with XL, but I believe that Gamigo is reasonably competent, and will be able to keep the game running for a reasonable period.

P.S. Just a disclosure, they are still  publishing games which we originally launched (and then exited the market). This says a bit about their staying power during a tough period.
    alkarionlogScorchiengervaise1
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    ah lol  and people will buy these...mwahahaha

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Looks fine to me. I'll be going for Silver and see how it pans out.
    If they stick away from P2W it'll be a brilliant MMO.
    BIG IF. Considering the parent company is still a Korean one.
    Who always go "Our Western version will be different. No P2W. Trust us :) "

Then the moment revenue drops slightly, they pull the old bait and switch and double down on P2W anyway.

I suspect the game will be great the first few months, and after that they'll turn to shady practices like every other KR MMO out there.
    Gamigo is European, and specifically German, don't pin this on the Koreans. Gamigo uses predatory monetization and P2W in all their games. Some of the worst publishers on the globe are Euros and they always seem to get a pass.
    It is funny to me that the European and NA publishers get a pass on here while the Asian ones get crucified.
    As a big Madden football fan, EA has far worse predatory practices than any Korean or even Chinese publisher I have seen. 

Some people need to get their heads out of the early 2000's and realize that game publishing as a general is full of gamepay extortion all around the world. This ceased being a 'country' thing years ago. It is an industry issue not a cultural one. 
    so stop buying EA games?

I sure did a long time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    edited August 2019

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    sgel said:
    Looks fine to me. I'll be going for Silver and see how it pans out.
    If they stick away from P2W it'll be a brilliant MMO.
    BIG IF. Considering the parent company is still a Korean one.
    Who always go "Our Western version will be different. No P2W. Trust us :) "

Then the moment revenue drops slightly, they pull the old bait and switch and double down on P2W anyway.

This.

Whoever buys into this BS, is wasting their time and money.
    Archeage is unfortunately beyond redemption, it was built around a cash shop.
    As soon as revenues die, they will boost the Cash Shop.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Funny that people hate cash shops but have no problem with founder packs.......
    Apple and Oranges.

I am not big fan of Founders Packs, but they are only a one off bonus, mainly cosmetic, which hardly affect the gameplay and the game economy as Cash Shops usually do.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/cxk5ls/archeage_unchained_livestream_notes_830

• 2 to 4 servers per region

• September 30th release

• 64-BIT CLIENT INCLUDED IN 6.0

• Trade system is not changing, but they are looking at feedback. They may revert to old trade systems.

• Steam release confirmed

• No progression server (i.e previous Fresh starts phase 1, phase 2 etc) Meaning, Unchained will have full content of 6.0 Update.

• No autoloot pets, no powerstone pets?

• Strictly cosmetics in premium ArchePass and cash shop

• Cosmetics will be BOUND

• Free ArchePass grants Diligence coins, similar to Loyalty: allows purchase of mounts/gliders/consumables etc from a Diligence shop

• Could maybe earn Diligence coins from doing events?

• Free ArchePass grants old marketplace items: could be mounts/pets/manastorm crystals

• Premium ArchePass is $10

Note that these listed rewards are just placeholders.

• Costumes are bind on pickup

• Alts allowed, no multi-client allowed: ONLY 3

• KR labor system (bonus labor regeneration for participation) not confirmed but up for discussion with XL

• No instanced housing. No tax certs sold. Only craftable or bought with DILIGENCE COINS.

• More housing areas added with 6.0

• There is a land lock on release. FIRST SATURDAY AFTER RELEASE -> October 5th

• ArcheAge Unchained will be separate NA and EU, similar to how you switch from NA, EU, and PTS in the Glyph client.

kenguru23gervaise1

• kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I guess I'm in. At least few months of fun for pretty cheap.
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Call me crazy, but I'm a bit excited. I'm glad they are treating this is a completely new game / entity.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    If they keep it like that it will do well for them
    BruceYee
    Gonna try to make her again.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Hmmm, just a thought but if Gamigo does screw up big time and XL takes AA to another publisher, do I then get the luxury of having to buy a Founders Pack for the third time? 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Some extra info:

• Launch
    • No Headstart for any of the pre-order packs.
    • Starts at 6.0 Patch, named “Shadows Revealed”
    • This will include swiftblade and all current 6.0 content. There will be no restrictions at launch.
    • Will come with the 64 bit client
    • Steam will launch at the same time.
    • For pricing, check the website, € and $ will be 1:1
    • PTS information will be announced as the launch gets closer

• Servers
    • NA and EU servers
    • No SA servers planned, ongoing discussion with XL
    • Completely separate game on Glyph launcher
    • Credits separated between the versions
    • Multiple servers per region, aimed at 2 to 4 per region, based on the interest in the coming weeks, keeping in mind the influx of people at the start which dies down afterwards.
    • Labor pools separate between regions, but considered a non-issue due to the complete removal of Apex.
    • Nothing at all, can be transferred from Legacy. -NOTHING-

• ArchePass
    • Introductory pass with Basic and Premium rewards
    • Not available in store
    • Basic rewards containing items like Unidentified Hiram Infusions
    • Premium rewards like Gilda Stars
    • Once again, -not- available in store
    • Bought passes
    • Premium rewards such as: UCC shirts, Crest Brainstorms, Dye Tickets, Costumes, etc
    • Emphasis on items that are cosmetic in nature
    • All items that improve functionality are restricted to the Basic Rewards section (Free rewards)

• Crime points
    • Talked about a new mechanic in Shadows Revealed (6.0 for KR) having a mechanic in the prisons to do chores to reduce crime points
    • Drought of Forgivness is not currently in AA:U and is not currently planned. Will be evlaulated in the future.

• Housing
    • Every account will be able to place land.
    • Housing will NOT be instanced or changed. The housing system will not see any changes.
    • Tax Certs will not be sold in the marketplace and can only be crafted, aswell as being untradeable.
    • Land will be locked until the first Saturday after launch (4-5 days)

• Trade System
    • No change planned for now
    • They are listening to, and forwarding all feedback they get

• Marketplace
    • No labor pots
    • No lockboxes (RNG boxes)
    • Items will be UCC T-shirts, dye tickets, brain storms (Will be 100% cosmetic)
    • Full catalog of costumes for direct sale, with preview
    • Furniture: only those without stats
    • No labor sleep pajamas, no Building Management Titles, or anything of the sort
    • There will be things like Salon Tickets (hair style), Gender Swap Tickets, Crest Brainstorms, Dye Tickets, etc.
    • Any type of boost/buff is moved to the Diligence Token Shop
    • There will be no costumes with hidden stats.
    • No Power Pets (Auto looting or boosts)
    • Talks in progress with XL to make -all- cosmetics and such Bind on Pickup
    • All costume items will be bind on pickup.

• Diligence Shop
    • Earned rewards through play time (think current loyalty reward system)
    • “Diligence Tokens” are awarded through the free Archepass.
    • Will have Mounts, Gliders, Expansion Scrolls and many other “cash shop” stlye items.

• Mounts and Gliders
    • No mounts or gliders in the Marketplace, only Glider Skins.
    • Mounts and gliders themselves are moved to the Diligence Token Shop or other systems like crafting with Manastorm Crystals

• Alt Accounts
    • Lots of talking about the past history and their approach to it
    • Talk about the intention with hackshield being to stop multi-clienting
    • Only 1 account logged in at a time
    • Maximum of 3 accounts per player, will be sanctioned if you go above
    • On the topic of having more than one person playing the game in your household: This is one of the reasons they decided for the 3 per person limitation.
    • Hiram Gear
    • All content of the game will be available like the original version
    kenguru23

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    The ArchePass seems fishy to me. I got a feeling it WILL be pay for convenience.

• Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited August 2019
    this game graphics are trash...   trash graphics.... cant play