Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO would you play if it was an MMO that was if it was the favorite MMO?

BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 514

For me, I'd really enjoy stargate MMO. Used to be one but it got cancelled, but it was actually pretty good even if wow-like.

Or a prehistoric/caveman MMO, that be cool though may be like a survival game

mmolouMMOExposedAsheram

Comments

• AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287
    This is by far the most confusing post I've ever read...
    [Deleted User]LeFantomeQuicksandcameltosis
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    It would likely be my favorite mmo. 
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Kind of like how much wood could a woodchuck chuck 
    If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    GeekyAzaron_NightbladeAsheram
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     WTF he say
    [Deleted User]BruceYeeJeffSpicoli
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I read the title 3 times...then clicked thinking surely the post inside is clearer...but it's a copy and paste...so I don't know what to answer, so I'll give a choice of answers, hopefully one fit...

1-Blue
    2-74
    3-Yes, I like pizza.
    Scorchien[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Scorchien said:
     WTF he say
    I'm not sure, but I think it's something to the effect of:

someone set up us the bomb
    all your base are belong to us
    take off every zig
    PhaserlightScorchien
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I've played some good games that got cancelled in beta and left me scratching my head as to why they were cancelled.
    But... That Stargate MMO was a mess.  It was barely playable.  They had good reason to cancel that one.  Those devs were not the guys to make an MMO.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To myself,i have seen very few hidden gems or secrets.Pretty all games i thought were going to be crap were and ones i thought might be good,mostly or sort of good.

I was already online when we had 33.3 modems,maybe even before i think there was like 16.6 or something like that when i got my first computer.I was not intrigued by online gaming at the time,nothing caught my eye.Quake and Unreal stirred up my interest in online gaming.Then it was FFXI that really intrigued me because it had so many layers of game inside the design.

I was not disappointed by any of the three,enjoyed them for many years.I witnessed a lot of change and progression in game design for about 10 years,then it seemed to come to a halt.There seemed to be a race to be the biggest,the best and competition was stiff.

What happened after were developers looking for gimmicks to attract sales rather than competing in the rat race.The first real wiff i got was with EQ2 and Smedley who basically lied,well not basically ,he did flat out lie.After that it was one game after another,everyone with some new gimmick but NONE of them delivering any improvement on game design or very little improvement.It has remained stale like this for the past 15 years,FFXI then maybe FFXIV the rest are shallow ,linear games offering nothing new to the mmo genre.

Point being,nothing has surprised me except the lack of effort by devs,nobody seems to want to even try to make a AAA game anymore,too costly to risk.So they use websites like this one or streamers to try and deceive us into thinking crap is good.

The past 10 years i have not seen even a glimpse of anything promising and has been a very boring time because all i have is older games to enjoy.I actually recall mentioning Epic games could be a dev that could really deliver but now i doubt that very much,they gave up on Fortnite to turn it into a BR,so seems nobody cares about quality anymore.

MMOS are DEAD as many have been saying,i tend to agree.We are in the era of cash shops,micro transactions ,BR's,mobile games,Esport,AAA gaming has left the house.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Wizardry said:
    To myself,i have seen very few hidden gems or secrets.Pretty all games i thought were going to be crap were and ones i thought might be good,mostly or sort of good.

I was already online when we had 33.3 modems,maybe even before i think there was like 16.6 or something like that when i got my first computer.I was not intrigued by online gaming at the time,nothing caught my eye.Quake and Unreal stirred up my interest in online gaming.Then it was FFXI that really intrigued me because it had so many layers of game inside the design.

I was not disappointed by any of the three,enjoyed them for many years.I witnessed a lot of change and progression in game design for about 10 years,then it seemed to come to a halt.There seemed to be a race to be the biggest,the best and competition was stiff.

What happened after were developers looking for gimmicks to attract sales rather than competing in the rat race.The first real wiff i got was with EQ2 and Smedley who basically lied,well not basically ,he did flat out lie.After that it was one game after another,everyone with some new gimmick but NONE of them delivering any improvement on game design or very little improvement.It has remained stale like this for the past 15 years,FFXI then maybe FFXIV the rest are shallow ,linear games offering nothing new to the mmo genre.

Point being,nothing has surprised me except the lack of effort by devs,nobody seems to want to even try to make a AAA game anymore,too costly to risk.So they use websites like this one or streamers to try and deceive us into thinking crap is good.

The past 10 years i have not seen even a glimpse of anything promising and has been a very boring time because all i have is older games to enjoy.I actually recall mentioning Epic games could be a dev that could really deliver but now i doubt that very much,they gave up on Fortnite to turn it into a BR,so seems nobody cares about quality anymore.

MMOS are DEAD as many have been saying,i tend to agree.We are in the era of cash shops,micro transactions ,BR's,mobile games,Esport,AAA gaming has left the house.
    You reply as if you think you know what this thread is about.  If so, please explain it to the rest of us.  Or did you just ignore the topic of the thread and post whatever you wanted to write about?
    [Deleted User]
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

For me, I'd really enjoy stargate MMO. Used to be one but it got cancelled, but it was actually pretty good even if wow-like.

AI completes this as:

"Or maybe an RPG MMO. Not a PvP one. Like an RPG but with more quests. I'd just watch the battle, make decisions. And maybe there's no need to pay for items since this game is just to play around.

I'm pretty good at playing MMO's

So, I decided to make the next MMO. We'll see, I will wait first to watch how well it was received and what the future will hold for this game. I mean it's the MMO I've been dreaming of playing for years."
    [Deleted User]

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2019
    Quizzical said:
    Wizardry said:

You reply as if you think you know what this thread is about.  If so, please explain it to the rest of us.  Or did you just ignore the topic of the thread and post whatever you wanted to write about?
    Yahtzee!!

;)
    Phaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

I think a caveman game could be fun if it's made with a lot of imagination and fantasy. 

If it had witch doctor magic and talismans, spiritual totem magic for special powers like transformations, potions in the form of spirit brews carried in wineskins for x number of uses, leather armors that can be enhanced by spirit magic and tanning using magical herbs, weapons made of flints and better types of stone (quartz?) and also enhanced with spirit or totem magics, etc. 

I'd expect the critters to include dinosaurs and mega fauna. And trolls, orcs, giants, dragons, and a host of other mythical or ancient sorts. 
    And man eating plants, of course. 

Money in the form of gemstones and nuggets.

Player homes ranging from teepees to stoneworks of an ancient types, like the real world's Skara Brae. Or caves with player enhancements. 

I think such a game would be much better if it concentrated on a social tribal structure. 
    It would not have to have PvP as the culture could be one of a loose tribal alliance of a spiritual mankind against the brutal world. 

Whether it's a good game or not depends entirely on how entertaining it is to play, and come back to play more of. 

Once upon a time....

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    PC ONLY AAA MMORPG of both Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

Both games made by Zenimax with same exact monetization plus unique items sold via physical gift cards like W101. Game design for both being a copy of ESO but with better combat and an auction house rather than guild vendors.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I knew who the OP was before even opening the thread....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    "What MMO would you play if it was an MMO that was if it was the favorite MMO?"

Yes? Not sure how to answer the question.......

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    This guy have a stroke or has he been a bot all this time and his A.I Script is fucked ?

[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited September 2019

His question is what is confusing.
  • IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited September 2019
    removed
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2019

I think he made this thread to see who could come up with the best "wtf" gif.

JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    JeffSpicoli
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Translation:
    Whats a game/theme you would like to see as a MMO good enough to be your favorite all time MMO. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Baalzharon needs his own discussion thread, Whats his deal. Was his account hacked ? Is he a Bot ? Is he on drugs ? Did he have a massive stroke while we all cruelly throw meme's at his responses? Is it Masterful trolling , I MUST KNOW !

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Don't even try to translate/interpret it's ramblings.
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7516465#Comment_7516465

Quote:  "thats why I just post random nonsense junk. If the warning tag went away I'd actually care about my own personal posts on the forum. But no point trying if the forum punishes you for life"
    JeffSpicoliBaalzharon
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    We're worried about posts like this?

Characters are dying all over the internet! 

Once upon a time....

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Yes.