Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Unchained founder packs released

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited August 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
https://archeageunchained.trionworlds.com/#

From switch stream.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/cxk5ls/archeage_unchained_livestream_notes_830

• 2 to 4 servers per region

• September 30th release

• 64-BIT CLIENT INCLUDED IN 6.0

• Trade system is not changing, but they are looking at feedback. They may revert to old trade systems.

• Steam release confirmed

• No progression server (i.e previous Fresh starts phase 1, phase 2 etc) Meaning, Unchained will have full content of 6.0 Update.

• No autoloot pets, no powerstone pets?

• Strictly cosmetics in premium ArchePass and cash shop

• Cosmetics will be BOUND

• Free ArchePass grants Diligence coins, similar to Loyalty: allows purchase of mounts/gliders/consumables etc from a Diligence shop

• Could maybe earn Diligence coins from doing events?

• Free ArchePass grants old marketplace items: could be mounts/pets/manastorm crystals

• Premium ArchePass is $10

Note that these listed rewards are just placeholders.

• Costumes are bind on pickup

• Alts allowed, no multi-client allowed: ONLY 3

• KR labor system (bonus labor regeneration for participation) not confirmed but up for discussion with XL

• No instanced housing. No tax certs sold. Only craftable or bought with DILIGENCE COINS.

• More housing areas added with 6.0

• There is a land lock on release. FIRST SATURDAY AFTER RELEASE -> October 5th

• ArcheAge Unchained will be separate NA and EU, similar to how you switch from NA, EU, and PTS in the Glyph client.

Post edited by Dragnelus on
alkarionlog

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Looks fine to me. I'll be going for Silver and see how it pans out.
    If they stick away from P2W it'll be a brilliant MMO.
    alkarionlogViper482jimmywolf

..Cake..

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    I will say that if this was being done by Trion, that last founder pack price would be 149.99$. I am going to guess that those expansion scrolls will be cash shop exclusive, because extra space isn't "P2W" according to some companies, its just "convenience."
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Albatroes said:
    I will say that if this was being done by Trion, that last founder pack price would be 149.99$. I am going to guess that those expansion scrolls will be cash shop exclusive, because extra space isn't "P2W" according to some companies, its just "convenience."
    "Expansion scrolls can be obtained via free methods, as free pass completion but not through credits" - carendash

..Cake..

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    sgel said:
    BIG IF. Considering the parent company is still a Korean one.
    Who always go "Our Western version will be different. No P2W. Trust us :) "

Then the moment revenue drops slightly, they pull the old bait and switch and double down on P2W anyway.

I suspect the game will be great the first few months, and after that they'll turn to shady practices like every other KR MMO out there.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Question: Is Archeage Faction PvP or FFA?
    Whats PvE like? Is PvE in the open world friendly or hostile?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Ill take 3 Archeum packs
    Dragnelusalkarionlog
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I love the “Game Access at Release” perk. Amazing privilige  :D 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]KyleranDibdabs
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    sgel said:
    BIG IF. Considering the parent company is still a Korean one.
    Who always go "Our Western version will be different. No P2W. Trust us :) "

Then the moment revenue drops slightly, they pull the old bait and switch and double down on P2W anyway.

I suspect the game will be great the first few months, and after that they'll turn to shady practices like every other KR MMO out there.
    If its simply a case of Gamigo pay XL $X then if revenue drops the hit is taken by Gamigo; conversely if it takes off Gamigo get all the benefits.

Without knowing the contractual terms between Gamigo and XL we just don't know. There are a vast array of revenue sharing type deals that they could have agreed to. An upfront payment is certainly the simplest but .... shrug.  

alkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

100% chance they will screw you over for $$$

Only matter of when 

Still can't believe that some will fall for this shit yet again

Thats odd , its interesting that you did not express such concerns as Trion opened fresh start servers for AA 3 times ..

Very strange indeed ... matter a fact 2 weeks before Gamigos purchase of Archeage , you were promoting AA as  

" but AA is damn good game on it's own. If you ignore all the XL and Trion related drama and just focus on the game itself - it's very good, IMO its in the top 3 best korean made MMORPGs"

This after 3 Fresh Starts from Trion .... Where was your concern then ...

edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

Only matter of when 

Thats odd , its interesting that you did not express such concerns as Trion opened fresh start servers for AA 3 times ..

Very strange indeed ... matter a fact 2 weeks before Gamigos purchase of Archeage , you were promoting AA as  

" but AA is damn good game on it's own. If you ignore all the XL and Trion related drama and just focus on the game itself - it's very good, IMO its in the top 3 best korean made MMORPGs"

ArcheAge is a damn good game on its own.

I stand by this 100%

Now ArcheAge in Gamigos and XL hands - fuck no

I learned my lesson through all the Trions fuck ups, is it too late for me to finally realized how trash Trion was and how badly they mishandled AA?

Or are you going to hold this shit over my head even after I dont feel like this anymore?

Am I not allowed to see my own past mistakes and change my mind?
    My problem Kano , is we ( many here) were telling you this about Trion for years , and for years you shoved it down our thraots , defending them and promoting them thru all there Shit treatment of there IPs and communties ..

You kept defending there moves and promting there IPS .. Now i have no horse in the race ( no money invested in any of these parties) , But i feel it is disingenious of you to take the forgiving road on Trion for 6 years here and not give Gamigo or the AA community as it exists today one chance .. You piss in the cornflakes of every single thread related to any Trion(Gamigo) product.... Its not necessary

You are bitter

BTW Gamigo has been in the business for over 20 years now , and keeping there IPs up and running ..

Cant say that for Trion now can we , honestly Trion missed the boat when they flirted with option of going public .. They should have done that instead of laying down with XL ..   They would of gotten better guidance imo , instead of letting Hartsman drive them into the ground
    KinringcheebaDeadSpockversulas
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2019
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

Only matter of when 

I stand by this 100%

I learned my lesson through all the Trions fuck ups, is it too late for me to finally realized how trash Trion was and how badly they mishandled AA?

Or are you going to hold this shit over my head even after I dont feel like this anymore?

My problem Kano , is we ( many here) were telling you this about Trion for years , and for years you shoved it down our thraots , defending them and promoting them thru all there Shit treatment of there IPs and communties ..

You kept defending there moves and promting there IPS .. Now i have no horse in the race ( no money invested in any of these parties) , But i feel it is disingenious of you to take the forgiving road on Trion for 6 years here and not give Gamigo or the AA community as it exists today one chance .. You piss in the cornflakes of every single thread realted to any Trion(Gamigo) product..

You are bitter

Give Gamigo a chance?

Only fools give thieves another chance.

Trion was bad.

Gamigo is 10 x worse - they literally give zero shits about any game and are totally just going after players money pure and simple, they also lack competent staff that at this point.

Trion at one point gave a shit - back during Rift launch days - it all went to shit after that.

But hey everyone can do whatever they want with their money - including giving it to complete shite company like Gamigo lol

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

Only matter of when 

I stand by this 100%

You kept defending there moves and promting there IPS .. Now i have no horse in the race ( no money invested in any of these parties) , But i feel it is disingenious of you to take the forgiving road on Trion for 6 years here and not give Gamigo or the AA community as it exists today one chance .. You piss in the cornflakes of every single thread related to any Trion(Gamigo) product.... Its not necessary

You are bitter

BTW Gamigo has been in the business for over 20 years now , and keeping there IPs up and running ..

Cant say that for Trion now can we , honestly Trion missed the boat when they flirted with option of going public .. They should have done that instead of laying down with XL ..   They would of gotten better guidance imo , instead of letting Hartsman drive them into the ground

you mean the whales who still play the game? or all the people who supported, included kano, when the game was a sh!t fest of bad idea after bad idea to milk the people like crazy?

kids lets get real here, anyone taking this packs in anyway is a fool, you know it I know it, everyone know it, there is no way to gamigo do better then trion, trion had before a good rep, gamigo don't even have that much. is kan a fool to defend trion for yearsw? yes, as anyone defending gamigo and AA today, there is no reason to defend the game and even less gamigo.

and everyone supporting this is the main reason we get crap game with huge p2w mechs, they will keep doing this over and over, again and over again as long it gave then money.

you guys complain trion was milking the game hard, and not you guys are seeing the second comming of said milking and you support, the real problem here is not kano or trion anymore
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited August 2019
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

Only matter of when 

I stand by this 100%

You kept defending there moves and promting there IPS .. Now i have no horse in the race ( no money invested in any of these parties) , But i feel it is disingenious of you to take the forgiving road on Trion for 6 years here and not give Gamigo or the AA community as it exists today one chance .. You piss in the cornflakes of every single thread realted to any Trion(Gamigo) product..

You are bitter

Give Gamigo a chance?

Trion was bad.

Gamigo is 10 x worse - they literally give zero shits about any game and are totally just going after players money pure and simple, they also lack competent staff that at this point.

Trion at one point gave a shit - back during Rift launch days - it all went to shit after that.

But hey everyone can do whatever they want with their money - including giving it to complete shite company like Gamigo lol

Again we all pointed this out to you for 6 years here with Trion ..

In the past 6 years Trion was no fucking better than Gamigo is today in there monetary practices , infact i would say Trion may have been worse ..

But you did not stand up for the communites then as Trion bait and switch ..

You kept defending them , there iPS thru it all for 6 years as we told you over and over ..

You are just 6 years behind ... not bad ...

So you kept giving Trion chance after chance thru it all .. Are you calling yourself a fool ..

In the past 6 years Trion was no fucking better than Gamigo is today in there monetary practices , infact i would say Trion may have been worse ..

But you did not stand up for the communites then as Trion bait and switch,Fresh start , 2050 etc etc etc ..

You kept defending them , there iPS thru it all for 6 years as we told you over and over ..

So you kept giving Trion chance after chance thru it all .. Are you calling yourself a fool ..
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Funny that people hate cash shops but have no problem with founder packs.......
    Amathe
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    sgel said:

They wont
     This is Gamigo and XL.

Only matter of when 

I stand by this 100%

You are bitter

Give Gamigo a chance?

Trion was bad.

I was a fool - I said dumb things, I failed to see what others clearly pointed out. I made mistakes. 

It took 6 years, I cant change that now.

Nobody can.

All I can do is accept responsibility for what I have done, make amends to those I wronged and move on.

That is all
    Fair enuff...

I concede....

But maybe let it play out with Trions IPs thru Gamigo for abit , before damning every single thread relative to ...Give them chance to fuck up .. They have not (yet) that is all we know for sure
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    If its only a few months fun. I will buy it, I think I will take the risk. Few months fun for me, is my standard nowdays for mmorpgs I dont expect more.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Dragnelus said:
    If its only a few months fun. I will buy it, I think I will take the risk. Few months fun for me, is my standard nowdays for mmorpgs I dont expect more.
    for a f2p yes, forcing you to open wallet before even playing AGAIN, not going to work this time on me
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    edited August 2019
    Played AA during Alpha, bought a founders pack back then based on the game as it was during Alpha.
    What was actually released, and the changes they made, was worse (to me) than the Alpha was.
    Definitely giving it a pass this time.

Besides, having fun in WoW classic just now, do not feel the need to play anything else.
    Viper482
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Funny that people hate cash shops but have no problem with founder packs.......
    Agreed. But I have a problem with Founder's Packs that contain P2W items. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Dragnelus said:
    for a f2p yes, forcing you to open wallet before even playing AGAIN, not going to work this time on me
    Imo you would pay more for f2p. 25 is not much for a few months.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited September 2019
    I already bought a founders pack [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    SovrathKyleranalkarionlogGinazVermillion_RaventhalCryomatrix
    Arterius said:
    So their is a cash shop because it says that you get credits? I thought this was AA without the cash shop and P2W? Eh, guess if I want a MMO I will stick with WoW classic

[Deleted User]alkarionlog

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited August 2019
    What is the ArchePass exactly?

[Edit]

Okay, found some info about it and I don't like it. It's essentially the fortnite equivalent of the monthly rewards with requirements to get them. There's a catch tough, there a free AND also a premium tier.

They say it's only for cosmetics... but for how long?
    Post edited by Bloodaxes on

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited August 2019
    Basically screw those who already paid you for founders packs with the original game. No, screw you gamigo. 

This is a cash grab, period. Otherwise people who already bought founder packs would be given this for "free" in order to win them back as customers. No one in their right mind would get suckered by the original then come back and pay these chumps again. Not just no, but HELL NO.
    alkarionlog
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!