Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO - No Man's Sky Beyond VR Impressions - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    No Man's Sky VR is the best VR experience/game I had untill now, and I've played VR experiences/games ever since Oculus' DEV version.
    Phaserlight
    We are all satoshi!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2019
    Yep motion sickness,framerates still a problem.
    We ALWAYS had first person view,we never needed to stick a helmet on our head just so we could create a new player to screen interaction involving a pair of FAKE looking hands.

The reason you can get motion sickness is really just because of the camera view "too close" and will never change via a VR implementation.

More importantly,it is still NMS,a boring looking game world,terrible effects that look like 1999 and loads of empty space on maps.
    "implementation is key and having those fake hands similar to playing a mobile game is not doing a single thing to improving our gaming experience.Even the immersive feel is NOT there because players are turning their heads way less naturally,instead they would simply move their eyes side to side.

If i was to compare what VR is doing,i would compare it to wearing a motorcycle helmet,in similar fashion you would be over turning your head to see properly.Basically limits your "normal" visual capability forcing you to turn your head more often than should be.
    Baalzharon

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'll be honest, I spent all the money on OR and only ever hook it up to Beat Saber.  Even now that my laptop was upgraded I don't find I hook it up all the often.   I'm tempted by Quest for that reason.  No cables.
    Phaserlight
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    Wizardry said:
    We ALWAYS had first person view,we never needed to stick a helmet on our head just so we could create a new player to screen interaction involving a pair of FAKE looking hands.

The reason you can get motion sickness is really just because of the camera view "too close" and will never change via a VR implementation.

More importantly,it is still NMS,a boring looking game world,terrible effects that look like 1999 and loads of empty space on maps.
    "implementation is key and having those fake hands similar to playing a mobile game is not doing a single thing to improving our gaming experience.Even the immersive feel is NOT there because players are turning their heads way less naturally,instead they would simply move their eyes side to side.

If i was to compare what VR is doing,i would compare it to wearing a motorcycle helmet,in similar fashion you would be over turning your head to see properly.Basically limits your "normal" visual capability forcing you to turn your head more often than should be.
    None of this makes any sort of sense.
    IselinBaalzharon[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wizardry said:

None of this makes any sort of sense.
    He very rarely does.

Just think of him as that guy at the bar sitting alone in the corner who fell asleep and then wakes up and says quite loudly "and another fucking thing..."
    kenguru23Baalzharon[Deleted User]GruntyRemyVorenderSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited August 2019

I'm still waiting to jump into VR. From what I've seen it's still in its infancy, but I do think it is the future of gaming, and I look forward to hopping in when the time is right.

NMS is an AMAZING game. I've put about 250 hours into it, which isn't something do often with a game (I can think of maybe 5 other non-MMOs I've played that long). I give them so much credit for continuing to add to it. I may start fresh and hop in again as soon as I'm done with Neverwinter, but it's still going to be on a flat screen. :)

Phaserlight

Joined - July 2004

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited August 2019

Sounds amazing! I wish VR didnt make me sick for days after using it :(

That blows (chunks) LOL joking :)
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    alloin said:
    No Man's Sky VR is the best VR experience/game I had untill now, and I've played VR experiences/games ever since Oculus' DEV version.
    Went to VR gaming bar/place, it is mind blowing no question, but all the gear involved is a bit much for constant home use, need the gear to be not much larger or heavier than a set of shades.

Played some extra games, like a lot; lol, and i dunno felt good to just take it off, had fun and yea i'm good you know, tbh have never wanted to or had the urge to return as yet and that was a couple years back now.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    It's not something I would want to do every day or every play session either....I might enjoy it for a few minutes as a novelty, but not really something I would want to do daily.