Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic Maximum Realm Capacity Increased - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWoW Classic Maximum Realm Capacity Increased - MMORPG.com

It appears hotfixes and realm capacity is increasing for WoW Classic, per a new post on the Blizzard forums.

Read the full story here

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited August 2019
    Wow Clasic as one of the most anticipated and played mmorpgs in 2019.

Impressive, but really sad at the same time.
    [Deleted User]BeezerbeezFolmenPsYcHoGBRWhiskeydustSabracgastovski1Remalicolera1333TheIdealistand 4 others.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

achmede said:

I don't find the fact that "Classic" being one of the most anticipated games of 2019 sad at all.

What I do find sad is that there isn't much else to get excited over.

If there were 5 games releasing in 2019 and "Classic" was THE most anticipated I'd be ok with that as it offers a very specific experience to a game that, at its height, was massive. It's not surprising.

But we don't really have 5 games releasing.
    Folmenmcd6993[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487

achmede said:

Shows how bad the expansions are...
    DrunkWolfmcd6993[Deleted User]
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Not only is this the #1 MMO on twitch, it beat minecraft at #2 and fortnite at #3. WoW is again top dog in the game industry. Not only is BFA the 2nd best expansion for WoW (Legion is #1), now classic has taken the MMO genre by storm. For those wanting classic wow, this is a dream of dreams of all time of all games at #1 classic WoW which is the most popular game in the world now. Will it retain its status as #1 leader or will it be #2 or #3 leader? What is it but #1 WoW in MMO
    your name and pic reminded me they just had a Baal'Zharon attack on a pvt server i play on, was pretty cool
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

No waiting queues to get into my pve server last evening US pacific time. No queues or issues completing quests either though there were a couple times to wait for mobs to respawn.

Thats because no one plays PVE :D
    IceAgemcd6993
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45

achmede said:

Same will happen with Remastered version of Diablo 2 LoD

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Sovrath said:

achmede said:

I don't find the fact that "Classic" being one of the most anticipated games of 2019 sad at all.

What I do find sad is that there isn't much else to get excited over.

If there were 5 games releasing in 2019 and "Classic" was THE most anticipated I'd be ok with that as it offers a very specific experience to a game that, at its height, was massive. It's not surprising.

But we don't really have 5 games releasing.

The MMORPG genre is dead.

WoW and FFXIV are practically the only two MMORPG´s left, where you just pay a monthly sub and enjoy the full game, without being constantly face planted with Loot boxes, endless Micro transactions and detrimental gameplay with artificial walls to force you to constantly pay more to be able to enjoy it.
    achmedemcd6993Lighttip
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    I try to take my enjoyment when and where practical... all entertainment fades with time. The question is are you getting enough fun-value for the effort.
    [Deleted User]Galadourn
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Couldn't agree more, Classic is just a temporary bandwagon players who just think they want the nostalgic feel of MMO that they had 15 years ago, they will get just that in the first few months with this Classic WoW.

There will never be a repeatable classic experience in 2019, the game might be classic, but the playerbase isn't classic anymore. you can bring all old legendary games to live, say, Ultima, Ragnarok, WoW, etc. but it wont change the fact that the original 2004 community of players that were so good is just no longer around.
    cheeba

So What Now?

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    TweFoju said:
    Couldn't agree more, Classic is just a temporary bandwagon players who just think they want the nostalgic feel of MMO that they had 15 years ago, they will get just that in the first few months with this Classic WoW.

There will never be a repeatable classic experience in 2019, the game might be classic, but the playerbase isn't classic anymore. you can bring all old legendary games to live, say, Ultima, Ragnarok, WoW, etc. but it wont change the fact that the original 2004 community of players that were so good is just no longer around.
    Runescape Old School is doing a lot better then "Live Runescape". 

Also, you are assuming that all players are the ones from back in the days ( 2004 ). I believe more then 50% are players who have never played Classic before, me included. 

Sure, it will slow down in the next few months, but it will not be a "ghost town". 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    anyone know what the actual capacity of each server is?
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    @Galadourn, we were talking about that in the guild last night it seems that the new low is what high was back around launch. No official numbers have been stated though.
    Galadourn
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited August 2019
    Not only is this the #1 MMO on twitch, it beat minecraft at #2 and fortnite at #3. WoW is again top dog in the game industry. Not only is BFA the 2nd best expansion for WoW (Legion is #1), now classic has taken the MMO genre by storm. For those wanting classic wow, this is a dream of dreams of all time of all games at #1 classic WoW which is the most popular game in the world now. Will it retain its status as #1 leader or will it be #2 or #3 leader? What is it but #1 WoW in MMO
    Agreed, they increase capacity and we are still getting hours long queue's?

This is huge atm, i mean it's really going to be at least a month or two before we know how much staying power the game has, me? i'm sold.

I'll be here for quite awhile, like it or not, we haven't had an mmorpg event of this magnitude for a very long time, the scale of this probably won't happen ever again, soak it up and enjoy.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L